Live From The Dawn

Lois R

12 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

My goodness, Lois, I hope you stayed awake and watched the whole game since your team never lead at anytime the entire game until the very last play. Unbelievable.

Yes,  I watched the whole game. OMG, we looked so bad in the first 1/2 but we came out in the 2nd 1/2 and looked like a real team😀 we have come from behind multiple times this year but I was not so sure this time

We really won the game😀

I watched the first half in the Lounge and came back to my cabin to watch the rest of it. WE WON😀

But we go to Kansas City next week so this was probably our last win. I am very proud of them though. Doug Pederson has really made all the difference and it feels good to have a professional coach. The guys love him and respect him that is for sure.

We actually won the game!!!!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

Looks like the professional version of Georgia vs. TCU.

Yes, in the first 1/2 we sucked.....4 pics, yikes.

But we came back and won the game!!!!

• Like 2

Just watched a short version of the game lois. I don't believe it. what a comeback.

But i am a dyed in the woods Eagles fan so hopefully the Jaguars fall short. Though the Eagles after a great start to the season seem to be getting the wobbles as usual at this point in the season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, drron29 said:

Just watched a short version of the game lois. I don't believe it. what a comeback.

But i am a dyed in the woods Eagles fan so hopefully the Jaguars fall short. Though the Eagles after a great start to the season seem to be getting the wobbles as usual at this point in the season.

Hi, well I know this season has been the year of the comeback(see The Jags and especially the Vikings). I mentioned playing the Chiefs in the next round but won't actually know that for sure until after today's games are finished.

As for the Eagles? Did you see the 49rs yesterday? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi, well I know this season has been the year of the comeback(see The Jags and especially the Vikings). I mentioned playing the Chiefs in the next round but won't actually know that for sure until after today's games are finished.

As for the Eagles? Did you see the 49rs yesterday? 

YES, watched the amazing ending of the Jags game with their wild, unexpected comeback.  One headline called it an "epic comeback"!!  Great challenges if Jacksonville must go to Kansas City to play the well-established, super-solid Chiefs.  Three big NFL games today and one more on Monday night.  Fun!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Nice seeing references to the Eagles here (my team!)and that 2 former Eagles coaches may be challenging one another next week is pretty exciting (Doug Petersen and Andy Reid) …of course I’m hoping that the Eagles current coach is the one that wins it all 😊It’s great they were able to broadcast the games for you Lois while at sea. Thanks as always for sharing your experience with all of us! I will be boarding her in May. Can’t come soon enough! 

liz

Edited by bobolz
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 10:08 AM, Lois R said:

No wonder there a lot of little kids on board, I found out there is a LARGE family of 52 on here.....they must have brought everyone. Including 3 nannies.

Oh someone asked about the internet. Starlink is supposed to be on here in May.

Still need to find out about the maple syrup. I keep forgetting to ask.

You have to ask for the real maple syrup and they will hopefully bring it in a square cup for you. 

2 out of 3 times they brought me the correct syrup, the third time I had to describe in more detail what I wanted. “The little cup you fill up at the waffle station”. 

3 minutes ago, GaitherBill said:

You have to ask for the real maple syrup and they will hopefully bring it in a square cup for you.

Reading all of these maple syrup posts makes me think they’d make a perfect Monty Python drug dealing skit.

Psst… hey you….

Yeah you, the one about to stuff your face with pancakes and waffles.  

You want the good stuff? That’s right, the stuff that flows like manna from Heaven through the maple trees of Canada.  

I’ve got the goods and I’ll cut you a deal.  Local currency only though.

No local currency?  Go see Mysty in the corner over there.  She’ll exchange your currency at a decent rate.  She’s got every currency known to man.

Then you come back and see me.  And, don’t bring any coins. Paper money only, capiche?

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, GaitherBill said:

2 out of 3 times they brought me the correct syrup, the third time I had to describe in more detail what I wanted. “The little cup you fill up at the waffle station”. 

I would not bet a monopoly dollar on that being maple syrup.   Perhaps maple flavored syrup.  Just like I would never bet on being served freshly squeezed OJ.

Something SS still does right is Swedish pancakes.

• Haha 1

Lois, if possible could you please find out price for mani and pedi on the ship (ladies and gents). As we are travelling before the cruise it would be good to know if we should get land based nail appointments or use our OBC.

Bye the way, when do the NFL playoffs finish?  We don’t follow American football but we do follow English soccer (football).

Hi folks, why doesn't someone just start a new thread about Starlink?

Anyway, last evening on board and I don't have answers about maple syrup or the price of manicures.

I have had an excellent time, my food has been good to excellent and service outstanding. I continue to enjoy my SS experience immensly.😀

• Like 2

Hi Lois,  We did a Godfather tour on Sicily many years ago on a Celebrity cruise. Have followed your reviews as we are looking for alternatives for cruising.  We so enjoyed Russ as a cruise director on Azamara several years ago.  Does he still do a solo act show?   Do you have a favorite SS ship?  Thanks. MJ

7 hours ago, SkystheLimit said:

Hi Lois,  We did a Godfather tour on Sicily many years ago on a Celebrity cruise. Have followed your reviews as we are looking for alternatives for cruising.  We so enjoyed Russ as a cruise director on Azamara several years ago.  Does he still do a solo act show?   Do you have a favorite SS ship?  Thanks. MJ

Good morning, MJ? Did we cruise together all those years ago? 

I don't know if Russ does a solo act to be honest with you. I don't recall seeing anything in the Chronical about it but this cruise I didn't go to any shows either.

As for my favorite ship, both Moon and Dawn would be up there😀

• Like 2

Glad that you had a nice cruise, Lois. Hope you're leaving everything in good shape for Randyk47!

I watched the condensed version (highlights) of the Jags-Chargers game yesterday online. Unreal! You must have been on the edge of your seat.

Great topic, thank you all!

I would like to hear from people who have been on both Dawn and Spirit, how those ships compare? I know there are some dining venues changes (SALT) and some layout changes, but I'm interested mostly in food and service.

We just returned from the Spirit and while it was great overall, the food and service were inconsistent. I'm curious how does it compare to the Dawn which we will board in December.

3 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Glad that you had a nice cruise, Lois. Hope you're leaving everything in good shape for Randyk47!   I watched the condensed version (highlights) of the Jags-Chargers game yesterday online. Unreal! You must have been on the edge of your seat.

There were some exciting, thriller games on Sunday in the NFL, including the Cincinnati Bengals beating Baltimore.  That was exciting down to the last seconds.  Potential good game tonight Dallas Cowboys at Tampa Bay to face Tom Brady, etc.  

Then, next week, many more big games, including Cincy visiting Buffalo with all of the hype from their recent unfinished game with the health challenge for the one Bills player.  The upcoming Jacksonville AFC Divisional Playoff will be Saturday at Kansas City, 4:30 pm on NBC-TV.  Fasten your seat belts, it will be fun!! 

37 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

There were some exciting, thriller games on Sunday in the NFL, including the Cincinnati Bengals beating Baltimore.  That was exciting down to the last seconds.  Potential good game tonight Dallas Cowboys at Tampa Bay to face Tom Brady, etc.  

Then, next week, many more big games, including Cincy visiting Buffalo with all of the hype from their recent unfinished game with the health challenge for the one Bills player.  The upcoming Jacksonville AFC Divisional Playoff will be Saturday at Kansas City, 4:30 pm on NBC-TV.  Fasten your seat belts, it will be fun!! 

Hi Terry, as happy and proud I am about my Jags, I seriously doubt we are going to win in Kansas City. I hope we can hold our own........but to win at that venue? Don't think it will happen.

Congrats to your Bengals though. Good game.

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Terry, as happy and proud I am about my Jags, I seriously doubt we are going to win in Kansas City. I hope we can hold our own........but to win at that venue? Don't think it will happen.  Congrats to your Bengals though. Good game.

Don't, Lois, be too negative.  But, you are being "realistic" as the Chiefs are very good in playing at home with their super-charged crowd of active fans.  My wife's brother lives nearby to Kansas City, west of that city.  We therefore have more than average interest in following Kansas City, especially with their great quarterback and recent NFL successes.

On your cruise, with stops at St. Thomas, San Juan, St. Kitts, Antigua, Dominica and St Barts, did you do much in these ports?  Any special excursion highlights?  Have been to Dominica and San Juan, but not to these other ports.  Which islands got the most "buzz" from others on your cruise as to their best highlights?

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 245,784 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

Don't, Lois, be too negative.  But, you are being "realistic" as the Chiefs are very good in playing at home with their super-charged crowd of active fans.  My wife's brother lives nearby to Kansas City, west of that city.  We therefore have more than average interest in following Kansas City, especially with their great quarterback and recent NFL successes.

On your cruise, with stops at St. Thomas, San Juan, St. Kitts, Antigua, Dominica and St Barts, did you do much in these ports?  Any special excursion highlights?  Have been to Dominica and San Juan, but not to these other ports.  Which islands got the most "buzz" from others on your cruise as to their best highlights?

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 245,784 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Hi Terry, I hope we win, don't misunderstand........love my home team but as you said, I am trying to have realistic expectations.....at least for this year we have done SO MUCH BETTER than anyone expected!😃 after the fiasco with you know who last year......horrible, just horrible. 

As for the ports, I only got off the ship in Domonica........did a trolley tour around the island with a stop at some botanical gardens, along with seeing some parrots and having liquid refreshment. Tour Guide was quite good.

Other than that? I was really lazy this cruise and never got off the ship. 

• Like 1