So in spite of everything, I made a decision today...

WrittenOnYourHeart

I'm upgrading to Aqua Class on my birthday cruise to Bermuda on the Summit (the July 16th sailing)!! AND my TA snagged 1141 - one of the aft view staterooms - WITH the within category upgrade price for me!!!!

I know there has been a lot of discussion about Blu but I looked at the menu and I can find things I like on pretty much every night.

So now I'm back to feeling excited about my upcoming cruise again!! 🙂  (This will also be the first time I don't have to fly to the cruise - just a train across the river and a cab/Lyft/Uber to the port. Or maybe I'll splurge on a car all the way from Brooklyn. 🙂

• Like 22

12 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I'm upgrading to Aqua Class on my birthday cruise to Bermuda on the Summit (the July 16th sailing)!! AND my TA snagged 1141 - one of the aft view staterooms - WITH the within category upgrade price for me!!!!

I know there has been a lot of discussion about Blu but I looked at the menu and I can find things I like on pretty much every night.

So now I'm back to feeling excited about my upcoming cruise again!! 🙂  (This will also be the first time I don't have to fly to the cruise - just a train across the river and a cab/Lyft/Uber to the port. Or maybe I'll splurge on a car all the way from Brooklyn. 🙂

I am happy for you now.  I remembered you used the word "settling" to describe your excitement when you first booked it late last year which made me disappointed for you.  Below is a photo of your future (Summit at Kings Wharf) except the ship is painted differently, the skies will be blue, and there will be a person with a big smile looking out over their magnificent Deck 11 aft balcony.

865526087_SummitatKingsWharf.thumb.JPG.1120824fac0f26106e0d521d38d731bd.JPG

Summit docked at Kings Wharf, Aug 2010

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I say go for the car to the port. We've used Dial 7 in the past and have been very happy with their service.

Yeah - I just priced Carmel and it is like $86 before tolls and tips. That's very do-able!

Does Celebrity usually use 4 or 14 in Cape Liberty? Will I find that out at check-in - or would it matter?

We were on the Summit in 1140 on a B2B this past August and we loved that cabin location for a bunch of reasons! For us we enjoyed going down to the buffet and bringing lunch back to eat on the balcony. Then in the evening it’s an easy walk straight over to the Reflection Lounge in the front of the ship to enjoy their late night entertainment. Of course, then there is that awesome aft-facing balcony and walk-in shower!! Good choice!!

• Like 2

You will enjoy that cabin.  We were in that cabin in July 2019.  Loved large balcony and the quick access to the OV and bar and the views of the Boston fireworks from the balcony.

A heads up, when we were in that cabin the balcony door would stick occasionally and we found ourselves locked out on embarkation day.  Fortunately the couple in the next cabin were on their balcony and went to find the  cabin attendant to let us in.  He said it had been a problem and they had been able to get a fix to stick.  We kept a wash cloth by the door and used it to keep the door from totally closing.

• Thanks 1

Just now, jelayne said:

You will enjoy that cabin.  We were in that cabin in July 2019.  Loved large balcony and the quick access to the OV and bar and the views of the Boston fireworks from the balcony.

A heads up, when we were in that cabin the balcony door would stick occasionally and we found ourselves locked out on embarkation day.  Fortunately the couple in the next cabin were on their balcony and went to find the  cabin attendant to let us in.  He said it had been a problem and they had been able to get a fix to stick.  We kept a wash cloth by the door and used it to keep the door from totally closing.

Thanks for the heads-up!!

Not sure about the terminal.  When we cruised from there 2 or 3 times, there was only one terminal but it will not matter if you are using a car service to the port. They will find the ship. We also used Dial 7 from the ship to the airport. We were in a similar cabin on an M class ship and it is great.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Yeah - I just priced Carmel and it is like $86 before tolls and tips. That's very do-able!

Does Celebrity usually use 4 or 14 in Cape Liberty? Will I find that out at check-in - or would it matter?

The pier doesn't matter.  Lots of complaining here.  Truly sad.  One needs to see for themselves and decide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations and Happy Birthday.     I have to say that while we mostly travel in Suites we have sailed in Aqua and enjoy the choices in Blu.    On most of the non-E class ships we have sailed they also allow you to order off the MDR Menu. 

• Like 1

Great Choice for a b day cruise..Yay!

No flight worries, great ship even after all these yrs, premier cabin and BLU.

BLU is our fav  choice....we enjoy the personal sevice, menu choices, quality of food and ambiance.  You can  be social or pvt..your choice!

So much to do in Bermuda...have fun choosing!

The port is not our fav,  but with car service it should not make any diff

• Like 1