CC Avatar - a new look to my posts on CC

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

I have added an avatar to my profile on CC because someone joined the site last Sunday and selected the same name that I have used since 2009. To avoid confusion, I had included my photo, even though I have been rather reluctant to do so.

Its actually nice to have photos especially when you are able to get to meet each other 🥰

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Its actually nice to have photos especially when you are able to get to meet each other 🥰

I see that, but I was preferring to keep a low profile. My anonymity is now blown!

I had a shock last night when I saw a post that I thought was under my name, but I knew I hadn't posted it. Then I looked more closely, and saw it is a new person on CC. BTW, the admin won't get them to change their user name.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I have added an avatar to my profile on CC because someone joined the site last Sunday and selected the same name that I have used since 2009. To avoid confusion, I had included my photo, even though I have been rather reluctant to do so.

Hi Evon

I saw the new member with the almost the same CC name, and thought, that's a bit close to yours. It can be a bit confusing when selecting your CC name, I had numerous tries to get a name no one else had, then finally lucked onto mine.

Great photo by the way.😁

Just now, Ozwoody said:

Hi Evon

I saw the new member with the almost the same CC name, and thought, that's a bit close to yours. It can be a bit confusing when selecting your CC name, I had numerous tries to get a name no one else had, then finally lucked onto mine.

Great photo by the way.😁

Thanks for your comments. 🙂 I was really puzzled last night when I saw the other person's post. The only difference in the names is the space (or lack thereof) between the two words. Even the default avatar is a similar colour.

35 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I see that, but I was preferring to keep a low profile. My anonymity is now blown!

I had a shock last night when I saw a post that I thought was under my name, but I knew I hadn't posted it. Then I looked more closely, and saw it is a new person on CC. BTW, the admin won't get them to change their user name.

There as so many accounts that have similar names, and it took months to separate kiwi kruzer and kiwi cruiser, especially as both were contributors in the same space. Then there has been at least a dozen variants with Aussie/Ozzy - cruiser/cruizer etc. Yeah, it is a bit close, but a potential member can't ask the forum what names are suitable, as they have to come up with a name before they can ask a question.

As you have done, personalise your stuff with a unique avatar or signature. I have decided to keep relative anonymity behind my long-suffering avatar (that isn't really us in my avatar). 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Thanks for your comments. 🙂 I was really puzzled last night when I saw the other person's post. The only difference in the names is the space (or lack thereof) between the two words. Even the default avatar is a similar colour.

They also have 3 x L's (travelller). My hunch is that austraveller might also be taken

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

When I joined I tried Down Under because that is what my overseas friends call me. There was already a Down Under so I changed mine.  

Just now, arxcards said:

They also have 3 x L's (travelller). My hunch is that austraveller might also be taken

Noticed the 3 L's as well, but very similar.

Nice pic Aus Traveller, have "known" you a long time but never met.

Come on Geoff, that's a pic of you and Barb!! 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

That's a lovely photo, Evon.

Bummer that someone is using the same forum name though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

When I joined I tried Down Under because that is what my overseas friends call me. There was already a Down Under so I changed mine.  

I think OzKiwi is a popular one as well. If not here then on another forum. So I added the JJ onto the end of it. 

Woe betide anyone who uses my avatar though!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I did notice the other member name and wondered what was going on.  Good for you for putting your photo up! Nice to see you .

I thought it was you as well, then realised it was a new member.

They actually have an extra "l"   so Austravelller. I did notice it when they first posted.

2 minutes ago, nnps said:

They actually have an extra "l"   so Austravelller. I did notice it when they first posted.

With the similar name and a green (or teal) default avatar, for the moment I thought the post was mine. I didn't notice the extra 'l' - I suppose a case of the brain seeing what it expects to see. 🙂

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Yep, lots of duplicate names with slight variations in spelling and such. Nice to see a face behind the name though.

Hello everybody, I am new here, my name is MikeAndbra and I cruise  a lot.  😁😁

On 1/12/2023 at 3:06 PM, Aus Traveller said:

They have put in an extra L   I noted it earlier and e mailed you  did you get the message?