Club Class Mini-Suite appears to be now called Reserved Class Mini-Suite?

Ken the cruiser

I just thought this was an interesting change. I was doing my normal weekly check of our Princess bookings and found this when searching our May 8/15, 2024 B2B Alaska itineraries on the Grand for the current Club Class mini-suite rates, and this is what I found.

image.thumb.png.4c25b0b67264a41ccf516042220769b4.png

When I clicked on Select, this is what I found on each itinerary. Notice the Premier is actually cheaper than the Plus, but the Premier no longer has the $150 OBC while the Plus does.

image.thumb.png.cd33710311ebea0bb8a7c651b85a20d2.png

Here's more information on the new Reserve Collection Mini-Suite. Notice the term Club Class has been totally eliminated.

Reserve Collection Mini-Suites - Princess Cruises

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Interesting  🤫  I wonder if they will change CC dining to Reserve Collection dining?  Another gimmick!  

Yes, they are changing the CC dining to Reserve Collection dining.  It appears to just a name change.   I rather like the new name.  In my opinion, the term Club Class kinda implied that you are in a specific class on the ship, whereas Reserve Collection more correlates to the “collection” of advantageously located cabins, with exclusive dining included in the price.  Just my opinion, so please don’t anyone bash me for this. 😁

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Andrew J. Cat said:

Yes, they are changing the CC dining to Reserve Collection dining.  It appears to just a name change.   I rather like the new name.  In my opinion, the term Club Class kinda implied that you are in a specific class on the ship, whereas Reserve Collection more correlates to the “collection” of advantageously located cabins, with exclusive dining included in the price.  Just my opinion, so please don’t anyone bash me for this. 😁

I am surprised that the word "class" lasted as long as it did.

57 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

This goes along with the Sun Princess wording.  Wonder what other changes the current ships will have?  Reserve Collection Dining or Dining Room?

Reserve Collection retreat area? Etc

Interesting..  

I agree. It will be interesting as time goes on to see if Princess evolves fleetwide towards a Suite class environment, like the one promoted on the Sun Princess with their private restaurant, lounge and sun deck area, which sounds very similar to what one might find on the "revolutionized" Celebrity ships. I just hope to keep the price down they don't start including a butler service.

image.thumb.png.6594e1d89d6fd19602a40e7f22713a30.png

Sun Princess - Our Next Generation Cruise Ship Arriving 2024 - Princess Cruises

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I just thought this was an interesting change. I was doing my normal weekly check of our Princess bookings and found this when searching our May 8/15, 2024 B2B Alaska itineraries on the Grand for the current Club Class mini-suite rates, and this is what I found.

When I clicked on Select, this is what I found on each itinerary. Notice the Premier is actually cheaper than the Plus, but the Premier no longer has the $150 OBC while the Plus does.

Here's more information on the new Reserve Collection Mini-Suite. Notice the term Club Class has been totally eliminated.

Correction: The Premier package, which is $1 less than the Plus package, has the $150 per person OBC perk along with all of the other Plus package perks (at least on these 2 itineraries), not the other way around. Weird! My guess is there is going to be a price correction change shortly. 😉

12 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Correction: The Premier package, which is $1 less than the Plus package, has the $150 per person OBC perk along with all of the other Plus package perks (at least on these 2 itineraries), not the other way around. Weird! My guess is there is going to be a price correction change shortly. 😉

Book it!

36 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Both are being priced as Premier as the upcharge seems to be $80 per person per day.  I noticed something similar happening about two months ago, reported it, and it was fixed.  I was able to recreate it for this same cruise and have reported this one as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colorado Coasty said:

I am surprised that the word "class" lasted as long as it did.

They may have removed the word class but with Sun Princess they have definitely set things up so there is indeed a "higher class".

I'm still reading the "Reserved Collection" FAQ to determine what makes it worth $64 pp per day on our upcoming cruise....a separate entrance to the dining area (that was on the other side of a planter from where we we sitting on the last cruise)???  Oh yeah I forgot about the two half bottles of wine...

9 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

I'm still reading the "Reserved Collection" FAQ to determine what makes it worth $64 pp per day on our upcoming cruise....a separate entrance to the dining area (that was on the other side of a planter from where we we sitting on the last cruise)???  Oh yeah I forgot about the two half bottles of wine...

The main thing we enjoy with our RC mini-suite is the ability to show up for dinner when we want, which is usually when they first open, be seated at the same table most of the time with the same servers, and be finished with our 4 course meal in usually less than an hour, plenty of time to make the early show. The lobster thermidor is also pretty tasty when it’s the extra item on the menu. The mini-suite located in the middle of the ship as well as the two half bottles of wine are also nice perks. 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 11:39 AM, Ken the cruiser said:

Try to check the prices again, it seems to be fixed now.  This is what I see for the same two cruises:

image.png.279bdca0b29b2ad120fd119d43313818.png

image.png.f071508a337813e8dbb88f314367c44f.png

• Thanks 1

Since this thread is reporting on changes noticed in the last few days...

I looked at booking a WINDOW suite on the Grand for 2024. It would appear that they have made some changes to the perks there...they are not the same as the VISTA or PENTHOUSE suite perks. Hold on to your hat - can't find where they list the suite breakfast in the specialty restaurants, either! If this is the case, I will be seriously re-thinking my next moves! Please have a look and tell me it isn't so. TIA

Looking forward to see where this takes the discussion now. THANK you to all who are checking on the new offerings, with changes noted. Here we go!

Sure hope I am not opening the proverbial can of worms. Forgive me, please be kind.

39 minutes ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

Since this thread is reporting on changes noticed in the last few days...

I looked at booking a WINDOW suite on the Grand for 2024. It would appear that they have made some changes to the perks there...they are not the same as the VISTA or PENTHOUSE suite perks. Hold on to your hat - can't find where they list the suite breakfast in the specialty restaurants, either! If this is the case, I will be seriously re-thinking my next moves! Please have a look and tell me it isn't so. TIA

Looking forward to see where this takes the discussion now. THANK you to all who are checking on the new offerings, with changes noted. Here we go!

Sure hope I am not opening the proverbial can of worms. Forgive me, please be kind.

It does appear they are now posting the Window Suite category under Mini-Suite rather than Suite cabins. However, the description still lists " ... along with special suite-only benefits". What specific itinerary are you looking at where it doesn't include the suite-only benefits?

image.thumb.png.d5219c443bdd25f229b4ca84a5f5e250.png

Also, here is the full description of Full Suite amenities, and it still lists the Special Restaurant breakfast.

Full suite (princess.com)

35 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

It does appear they are now posting the Window Suite category under Mini-Suite rather than Suite cabins. However, the description still lists " ... along with special suite-only benefits". What specific itinerary are you looking at where it doesn't include the suite-only benefits?

image.thumb.png.d5219c443bdd25f229b4ca84a5f5e250.png

Also, here is the full description of Full Suite amenities, and it still lists the Special Restaurant breakfast.

Full suite (princess.com)

@Ken the cruiserI was looking at the 8 day sailing in May 2024 on Grand.  When I continued through the steps of booking, there were a few perks listed, but not all. That's when the disappointment kicked in. Thank you for attaching the list of suite benefits here. Yes, as it was, before. Hope it's still being offered to the WINDOW suites. We shall see, won't we?

• Like 1