All inclusive gratuities

Bo1331

5 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Yes but it doesn't include gratuities for specialty restaurants, room service charges and probably something else I'm forgetting

Or the cost difference for drinks over the beverage package limit, or spa services

• Thanks 1

The included tips i've been led to believe include all tips on the ship.   I do take that into consideration when deciding amount of additional tips. 

When you purchase additional items like Bar Setup, Wine by the Bottle they add an additional 20% onto your bill  on an ad hoc basis.

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The included tips i've been led to believe include all tips on the ship.   I do take that into consideration when deciding amount of additional tips. 

When you purchase additional items like Bar Setup, Wine by the Bottle they add an additional 20% onto your bill  on an ad hoc basis.

We dined in Murano and an 18% (not 20) gratis was added.  It's not part of the AI tips.  

none of the following’s gratuities are in the always included program

*Spa treatments

*hairdresser, barbershop

*specialty dining

*babysitting

*wine by the bottle

*wine tastings

*gym services (private trainer, etc)

*drinks over the price point of your package (tip charged on the difference in price)

*room service

*mini-bar

17 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

none of the following’s gratuities are in the always included program

*Spa treatments

*hairdresser, barbershop

*specialty dining

*babysitting

*wine by the bottle

*wine tastings

*gym services (private trainer, etc)

*drinks over the price point of your package (tip charged on the difference in price)

*room service

*mini-bar

The one's I highlighted, is there an automatic 18% charge?

15 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

*babysitting

Remember that old fart with the 32 yr old ( I gotta stop thinking about them already )---

The AI that it cost him was more than the $9.95 " Room Service " charge that some of our CC friends are complaining about. 

I'll bet she still has the pre-loved Rolex and all he's left with are memories and a phone number--- that's been disconnected.

• Haha 2

So if I purchased the drink package, the tips are included in the price?  But then the regular gratuities are split between the bartenders, cabin stewards and waiters?  So bartenders are getting gratuities twice?  Just trying to understand all this 😳

22 hours ago, marieps said:

We dined in Murano and an 18% (not 20) gratis was added.  It's not part of the AI tips.  

You are of course correct.   I was thinking of automatic tips on Drinks. 

I really hadn't paid it as I had free dining from a RS.    When I asked for a slip to add a tip they told me it was already included -  but  if I left a tip on my room it would go to the entire ships dining pool but if I left cash it was to the shared pool of Murano only.    I didn't tip on that night but doubled up with cash a couple days later.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, madre2 said:

So if I purchased the drink package, the tips are included in the price?  But then the regular gratuities are split between the bartenders, cabin stewards and waiters?  So bartenders are getting gratuities twice?  Just trying to understand all this 😳

Regular gratuities do not include bar tenders.  Their gratuity is added to the cost of drinks when purchased individually, so presumably the amount allotted to drinks in the all inclusive package includes drink gratuities.  Some people add an extra tip to bartenders, some do not.

• Thanks 1

We always carry a stack on 1's each night to make sure the bartenders are aware of our thanks for their service.  We tend be become fast friends with whomever is tending at WCB.  It's our go to since the Martini Bar is usually crowded and the wait can be a bit much.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 11:16 PM, marieps said:

We have paid upfront for  all our individual speciality restaurants on our sailing in Oct  so we could choose the days and times we wanted .The fee includes 18% gratuities 

NCL is a line that is really obnoxious on tips for drinks packages.  They often throw the drinks package in for "free", but then charge a hefty percentage of the overpriced list price of the package that ends up $20 or more per day.  Part of the reason we were "one and done" with that line.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, curmudgeon98 said:

NCL is a line that is really obnoxious on tips for drinks packages.  They often throw the drinks package in for "free", but then charge a hefty percentage of the overpriced list price of the package that ends up $20 or more per day.  Part of the reason we were "one and done" with that line.

With NCL they charge you separately and with X’s AI package, they bundle it with the fare.  Generally X is the more premium line but for those who want more entertainment options than one main show and one passenger pax participation show a night, the big three which includes NCL is a nice change up.  Also NCL gives you one specialty restaurant per sailing with status

On 1/18/2023 at 5:36 PM, smtcan said:

Regular gratuities do not include bar tenders.  Their gratuity is added to the cost of drinks when purchased individually, so presumably the amount allotted to drinks in the all inclusive package includes drink gratuities.  Some people add an extra tip to bartenders, some do not.

so if one buys a stand alone drink package it is the cost of the pacakge plus 20% and theoretically those gratuities go to the bar staff?  If the drink package is included in say a premium beverage package included in a suite, then the bartenders are also getting a portion of those tips?  I think I'm clear that if no bev package at all and buy per drink then the tip is on the customer on a per drink basis?  I don't drink so IDK why I care but dang it's web of the unknown.    

• Haha 1

On 1/18/2023 at 5:10 PM, cruisestitch said:

I believe that there are automatic gratuities added to every item on my list 

Absolutely, I purchased the chef table and 2 specialty dinners, gratuities were added to my purchase.

On 1/19/2023 at 11:22 PM, curmudgeon98 said:

You have to pay the 20% gratuity on the free at sea drink package, but you have the option of declining any of the free at sea promotion at booking. But regardless whenever you get a drink you'll still have a 20% gratuity added to your bill.

On 1/19/2023 at 10:22 PM, curmudgeon98 said:

NCL has redefined the term Nickle and dimming, we did a one and one with them 5 years ago.