​⛴️​ LIVE from Allure ​🎠​ out of Galveston - Ozark_Kid and brillohead team up for a duo-thread: Jan 22, 2023

47 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I'll stop by in a few minutes!

I just checked in my room again and got much better numbers than you did up there:

Speedtest-by-Ookla-The-Global-Broadband-Speed-Test.png

Check the numbers in the Theater. Maybe you can stream Mamma Mia to all of us. 😍😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, sunset seekers said:

Hello, sorry to interrupt your cruise but would it be possible to find out what Royal Caribbean is charging per person for the shuttle from the port back to IAH.

Thank you in advance.

We had to use the service in Nov since we were on the repo Adventure from Bayonne. At that time it was $40.00 per person

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Hard to see again. 83° and toasty warm sun. 

OB - Another Miami Vice.  The guy at the Sky Bar is blending well.  He said they have one called tropical I might try later. 

image.thumb.png.c49436d137f74ed56c2ce77167704623.png

Is it just my imagination, or do the glasses seem to be getting smaller?  Maybe it is just the way you are holding it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Is it just my imagination, or do the glasses seem to be getting smaller?  Maybe it is just the way you are holding it. 

I completely agree. Either that or we share the same imagination. I'm pretty sure the martini glasses are smaller too. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Happened to my mother once. She couldn't figure out why the door wouldn't open. Turned out she was one deck off. The cabin occupants figured it out for her. 

Yea, I've done that coming back from a massage

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 1/21/2023 at 10:23 AM, George C said:

We have loved every ice show we have seen , on some cruises went to see it twice. 

Our first time on Allure Feb. 12th. I didn't realize you had to make reservations for the shows, so we were only able to get a 10:30 pm reservation Sail Away night. What happens at the skating rink? What shows, games, skating?

26 minutes ago, TexasGal#35 said:

Our first time on Allure Feb. 12th. I didn't realize you had to make reservations for the shows, so we were only able to get a 10:30 pm reservation Sail Away night. What happens at the skating rink? What shows, games, skating?

There's a monopoly skating show that gets mixed reviews. Professional-ish skaters doing stuff along with a loose story line. That is what you need reservations for (or not, may be stand by availability). I don't know about any games at the rink.

They did have some ice skating sessions available when we were on. First come, first serve. Check the daily schedule. My teens went. You need long pants. 

59 minutes ago, Passrider76 said:

We had to use the service in Nov since we were on the repo Adventure from Bayonne. At that time it was $40.00 per person

Is a direct transfer to IAH bootable on board? The only thing I see in the planner now is a trip that includes a stop at NASA but it doesn't mention compatible departure times. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Hard to see again. 83° and toasty warm sun. 

OB - Another Miami Vice.  The guy at the Sky Bar is blending well.  He said they have one called tropical I might try later. 

image.thumb.png.c49436d137f74ed56c2ce77167704623.png

I thought I was the only one to think the glasses are getting smaller. Then the following posts popped up.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I completely agree. Either that or we share the same imagination. I'm pretty sure the martini glasses are smaller too. 

• Like 3

Question for you regarding the comedy show - we sail in 2 weeks and the show is not listed on the planner anymore.  In fact, if I look at the planner for your cruise, it isn't listed either.  Do you see shows listed in the app for later this week?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silentbob007 said:

Is a direct transfer to IAH bootable on board? The only thing I see in the planner now is a trip that includes a stop at NASA but it doesn't mention compatible departure times. 

Yes, I believe so. Check with Guest Services upon boarding. We booked ours prior but DH says he thinks it is possible. 

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I have noticed every time I shoot a drink pic while holding it they look smaller in the pic. Not just this cruise. To me they are normal size. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sunset seekers said:

Hello, sorry to interrupt your cruise but would it be possible to find out what Royal Caribbean is charging per person for the shuttle from the port back to IAH.

Thank you in advance.

We always use the Lyft service now.  Maybe consider checking the price for Lyft

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sounds great what’s all in it?

Not really sure what's all in it. I wanted to try something new.  Not bad but probably a one and done for me. 

Speaking of one and done, one more and I am done with the diamond vouchers for today. 

image.thumb.png.2f71a2af57896ee04ff598c2655be450.png

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I went to the Solarium to find the Omelet Sation.  I couldn't see it.  On Ovation I remembered you could them making the Omelets.  This is what it looked like.  No station in site. 

1_090206.thumb.jpg.3f53e0bb33ccdd195e94fb5afed72548.jpg

2_090216.thumb.jpg.2b80f18553b1eb0a4fb1594fc03e5069.jpg

So @Sea Dog Greg, I got the healthiest food I could find.  😂 Including the square chocolate cake! 

Plate_091754.thumb.jpg.89c765362a640c3fe3f01ce849adca17.jpg

While sitting outside the Solarium I noticed some with service numbers on their table.  They were served Omelets!  

image.thumb.png.5030ef85715ca32a52afa597b7d22b11.png

After getting instructions I went back in. It was busier.  Heads up.  Instead of waiting in this line..... 

image.thumb.png.10c8c28a1ddcbaf9f07fdd93a6c9583a.png

Just go to the left.  There was One person waiting to order an omelet!  Notice how small the sign is. 

3_093112.thumb.jpg.d2019c5f6c60b85180c362da5def7134.jpg

4_093121.thumb.jpg.31eb64ec35ed7ca18094217bd48633d0.jpg

image.png.032b846b255f0f6aba7c54a2d4e2d55f.png

As I was leaving someone at the end of the line asked if there was a place to order Omelets.  😂 Yes, I told them. 

Thank you so much for checking!  I'm glad it was confirmed the solarium has made-to-order omelettes.  Didn't realize it would be tricky to find.  I will be honest...I have never been in the solarium bistro for any reason before LOL.  Now I have a reason!

• Like 1

Chatted with @Ozark_Kid for a couple of hours up on Deck 16, then decided to get my sea day salad at Park Cafe:

IMG_20230124_151337493.thumb.jpg.c7b69cf4f3387da5a74c160625901c92.jpg

And while I was there, I figured I should get a Roast Beef Sandwich to post on this thread:

IMG_20230124_151349863.thumb.jpg.7e91f422baaa0afbbe42eb269daaf583.jpg

For people curious about the freeze damage in Central Park and for those who claim that all the plants are in pots, here's a pic of an empty area, and also an area with plants that are very obviously NOT in pots (unless you're calling the huge square containers of dirt "pots").

IMG_20230124_150641351_HDR.thumb.jpg.cb045dd442e210bf8cb758ebf3c447d7.jpg

IMG_20230124_150658231_HDR.thumb.jpg.f4514b18757fbacac57e6172e87573c9.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I am enjoying your postings. We board on February 12th hopefully. I'm learning a lot about the Allure on Cruise Critic and other websites. This will be our first time on the Allure or any ship this size. 

Voyager size ships is about the largest for us. 

Thanks for the comments and pictures. The drinks look good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1