"Not a flex dining guest"?

SeattleAl

Hi folks. We recently signed up for a 4 night LA-Mexico cruise on Navigator. When we did the online registration the only options for dining were traditional, so I picked the 5:30 seating, but planned to switch to MTD on the Royal web page for the cruise. But when I try, I see boxes with our names in it and below them "Not a flex dining guest". The "Reserve" button is grayed out. 

Anyone know why this might be? Trying to avoid the hassle of calling Royal customer service.

Thanks!

MTD1.JPG

6 minutes ago, SeattleAl said:

Hi folks. We recently signed up for a 4 night LA-Mexico cruise on Navigator. When we did the online registration the only options for dining were traditional, so I picked the 5:30 seating, but planned to switch to MTD on the Royal web page for the cruise. But when I try, I see boxes with our names in it and below them "Not a flex dining guest". The "Reserve" button is grayed out. Anyone know why this might be? Trying to avoid the hassle of calling Royal customer service.

It says that you are trying to make a my time reservation and you have not signed up for my time. 

I really wish that Royal do away with traditional dining altogether. It is sooooo old school. 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

It says that you are trying to make a my time reservation and you have not signed up for my time. 

I really wish that Royal do away with traditional dining altogether. It is sooooo old school. 

We love late traditional a large table  and a 2 hour dinner, we would never pick MTD. Some ships have 5 traditional seatings and just one dinning room for MTD, most still pick traditional. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, taglovestocruise said:

We love late traditional a large table  and a 2 hour dinner, we would never pick MTD. Some ships have 5 traditional seatings and just one dinning room for MTD, most still pick traditional. 

We switched back to early TD. For us weren't happy with the late start times for MTD. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Totally disagree.     We love having traditional dining and not having to stand in any line.   every time I see people standing in the MTD line I am so glad not to be one of them.    we can just walk right up to our table and seat ourselves at our selected time and have the same waitstaff every night.    

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Totally disagree.     We love having traditional dining and not having to stand in any line.   every time I see people standing in the MTD line I am so glad not to be one of them.    we can just walk right up to our table and seat ourselves at our selected time and have the same waitstaff every night.    

And I have done that with MTD both of my cruises last year.  We walk up to the second podium bypassing the line and the hostess smiles & waved us through.  Same table/staff every night.  Maybe the Royal dining gods just like me?🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

1 minute ago, poocher said:

And I have done that with MTD both of my cruises last year.  We walk up to the second podium bypassing the line and the hostess smiles & waved us through.  Same table/staff every night.  Maybe the Royal dining gods just like me?🤷‍♀️

if you show up at different times with MTD then how do you know your table is ready and waiting for you?

• Thanks 1

Thanks all. We have the 5:30 slot for traditional and a 2 year old in the group who get's hangry if dinner comes too late. We just realized that our Nov. 6th cruise will begin the day after Daylight Savings time switches back. So 5:30 is already going to be 6:30 for a two year old's tummy. We'll keep it.

Still, don't know why we could not change on then app/webpage. We have done this before.

11 minutes ago, SeattleAl said:

Thanks all. We have the 5:30 slot for traditional and a 2 year old in the group who get's hangry if dinner comes too late. We just realized that our Nov. 6th cruise will begin the day after Daylight Savings time switches back. So 5:30 is already going to be 6:30 for a two year old's tummy. We'll keep it.

Still, don't know why we could not change on then app/webpage. We have done this before.

I've always had to call to change dining type and email for table size. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SeattleAl said:

We took our munchkin to the buffet ahead of MDR dining.  Munchkin could eat their cheese slices and whatever else caught their fancy, and then enjoy a roll and stealing bites from Mommy's plate during MDR dining.

Hope that helps!

Edited by LadyShiva
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, IJustWantToGo36 said:

How far in advance do you email if trying to switch to MTD

Last March I called, well the TA I was using called RC and made it happen. I would do it ASAP.  Just a WAG, but changing dining types maybe different than requesting a table size or location and require more of a advanced request.  I've done the email in the past two weeks prior to our sail date with no issues requesting table size, location. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, poocher said:

I don’t.  We have the same time scheduled every night (in these cases it was 6:45).  I book MTD because 5:30 is too early and 8:00 is too late.  

We did this on Symphony and 2 times was our table still in use by the previous diners.  First time we just took a different table.  Second time, we went and got a drink and came back 1/2 hour later. After that, we just arrived a little later.  It was just us this time so we didn't have to accommodate another couple's plans.  We booked all our shows for the later time and this worked very well.