Responses from Celebrity?

D C

1 hour ago, natshala said:

Thanks. I already got a call (on Sunday) and they promise to follow up with Accounting tomorrow. I really think this time I’ll get my credit. She gave me her name and direct phone number.

My result as well.  Hopefully next week Accounting will contact us both to our satisfaction.

5 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

🤣

Why does this remind me of the types that post (weekly) that they are leaving Facebook yet continue to post hourly life updates. So long!

Not sure why it would remind you of that.  For the first time since we started sailing, we do not have a future cruise booked with X, nor will we even consider booking one given the absolutely dismal state of things.   The dismissive attitude Celebrity has when 'addressing' concerns (and thus the point of this thread) isn't helping their case. 

On the contrary, we just returned home from our first Princess cruise and have zero guilt over 'cheating' on Celebrity.   The ridiculously high prices, severe cutbacks on what matters to us, and X's insistence on nonrefundable deposits has us walking away, smiling ear to ear given what we've just experienced.  Despite being elite on X, we now have multiple sailings booked on Princess.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, RichYak said:

An unfortunate affliction shared by some on this board.

Might you mean those who are inexplicably elated that the cruise experience of others has been significantly eroded?  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/21/2023 at 7:54 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I wish they would include AQ in dropping AI.    We would probably book in that category so we don' t  double pay for Zenith Benefits.    As Suite Passenger there is not longer any benefit to be Zenith. 

Jim and Iain,

you are my FAVORITE posters, and I am looking forward to cruising with you someday soon! I have followed you for years, and have learned sooo much! I also ❤️ your attitude! 
I know you are always in Suites, so please explain why you would move to Aqua? Thank you!

On 1/21/2023 at 5:54 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I wish they would include AQ in dropping AI.    We would probably book in that category so we don' t  double pay for Zenith Benefits.    As Suite Passenger there is not longer any benefit to be Zenith. 

Me too!  Every cruise with X has been Aqua, and now we really can’t take advantage of our E+ benefits.  We’ve recently switched most of our cruising to another line, but the remaining cruise on Refection will be in a balcony cabin so we can use our perks one more time.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 1:59 AM, virginconvert said:

I, personally, am absolutely delighted with the cutbacks — especially to the Ocean View Cafe where SO much food is prepared for dinner and relatively few wanting to enjoy it. I also think the charge for second lobster tails is a good idea to stop the greedy gobble gannets putting the price up for everyone else. It is evident Celebrity - as expressed in their marketing materials - is wanting to attract a younger, wealthier demographic. That might not suit me, but I appreciate they are trying to find a point of differentiation....For those who are upset, there is always Carnival Cruise line!!

I agree with you and think 90% of Celebrity customers do also. The 2 or 3 times I had dinner in the OVC because we were late getting back from a tour tired and did not want to dress I saw maybe 20-30 there having dinner. Total waste of food and manpower! You are right Carnival is great for those that do not want a more upscale Cruise experience.  People can write all they want the changes are here to stay only because 90% of us like them.  

15 hours ago, natshala said:

Thanks. I already got a call (on Sunday) and they promise to follow up with Accounting tomorrow. I really think this time I’ll get my credit. She gave me her name and direct phone number.

if not, is it possible to file a credit card co dispute?

I emailed the CEO email address shared on here about Ocean View Cafe and room service changes for my  3 upcoming cruises.  I got an email back the same day asking if they could call me, which they did today.  As a good will gesture I received $100 additional OBC for each cruise.

They did say that the feedback was being monitored and the approach would be reviewed at the 6 and 12 month point (so seems unlikely anything will change in the near term)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Sunshinehearts said:

I emailed the CEO email address shared on here about Ocean View Cafe and room service changes for my  3 upcoming cruises.  I got an email back the same day asking if they could call me, which they did today.  As a good will gesture I received $100 additional OBC for each cruise.

They did say that the feedback was being monitored and the approach would be reviewed at the 6 and 12 month point (so seems unlikely anything will change in the near term)

This response is following the same pattern as with compolsary AI which was withdrawn after about 12 months.

If anyone wants change: keep reporting it to Corporate, on the ship report it in writing to the Captain Club Host ( available every morning at the Elite Breakfast) and on the Questionnaire at the end of the cruise.

Not disputing the steps that seem appropriate to be heard.  Yet, given the comments in various threads, the pattern seems to be Celebrity is all about making the pre and shipboard vacation experience a series of issues of its own making that customers have to engage on to obtain any resolution or feedback.  

The moderator should rename ,e this thread.   Passengers not washing or sanitizing their hands is not an Apex sanitation issue!!   It’s an ignorant passenger issue and they sail on all ships and lines.  
Herad many passengers say they are allergic to the hand sanitizer.   You have to take care of your own health and assume everyone has filthy hands who eat in the buffet.

21 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

The moderator should rename ,e this thread.   Passengers not washing or sanitizing their hands is not an Apex sanitation issue!!   It’s an ignorant passenger issue and they sail on all ships and lines.  
Herad many passengers say they are allergic to the hand sanitizer.   You have to take care of your own health and assume everyone has filthy hands who eat in the buffet.

I suspect you meant to post this on a different thread?

• Like 5

13 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

I agree with you and think 90% of Celebrity customers do also. The 2 or 3 times I had dinner in the OVC because we were late getting back from a tour tired and did not want to dress I saw maybe 20-30 there having dinner. Total waste of food and manpower! You are right Carnival is great for those that do not want a more upscale Cruise experience.  People can write all they want the changes are here to stay only because 90% of us like them.  

Yeah Let's just get rid of the OVC...because I am in a suite .......A lot of People on the Celebrity board remind me of Cal Hockley played by Billy Zane on Titanic...with their stuck up suite mentality...

Rant Over...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mpdog42 said:

Yeah Let's just get rid of the OVC...because I am in a suite .......A lot of People on the Celebrity board remind me of Cal Hockley played by Billy Zane on Titanic...with their stuck up suite mentality...

Rant Over...

Or the MDR menu cutbacks are not that bad,  but I am in a suite eating in Luminae...

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, D C said:

Not sure why it would remind you of that.  For the first time since we started sailing, we do not have a future cruise booked with X, nor will we even consider booking one given the absolutely dismal state of things.   The dismissive attitude Celebrity has when 'addressing' concerns (and thus the point of this thread) isn't helping their case. 

On the contrary, we just returned home from our first Princess cruise and have zero guilt over 'cheating' on Celebrity.   The ridiculously high prices, severe cutbacks on what matters to us, and X's insistence on nonrefundable deposits has us walking away, smiling ear to ear given what we've just experienced.  Despite being elite on X, we now have multiple sailings booked on Princess.  

Princess has a great product!  We'll be sailing on Regal for the second time on the front half of a side-by-side with Reflection in March/April.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

Bizarre that you actually wish for other people to have a worse vacation experience. Heaven forbid someone wishes to have a quiet al fresco meal on the back of the ship. It's wonderful, but I'm guessing you would hate it on principle alone. Clearly their experience should be miserable because YOU think they should be having a more "upscale" experience, whatever that is. 

And again, if you're purely here to elate in the misery of others, you can find plenty of other threads on CC where you can gloat in whatever way you wish.  I presume once again that you have not contacted X regarding the changes and thus have not received any response.  If you have, please share your experience.  

• Like 6