🌐Serenade Ultimate World Cruise - 17 leg breakdown

John&LaLa

44 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We keep AC on around 75. Mainly to combat humidity. Below 72 and we're freezing

1 hour ago, grandgeezer said:

We live in AZ and when the temp is 85, we don’t even have the ac turned on, it’s a “dry heat”. Hot is when it gets over 105, 115 and above is really hot. When we do have the ac turned on, set at 79 is just about right.

Minnesota here. Winter: Furnace is set to 68. Summer: A/C set to 72. In the spring and fall (and rare summer), if the dew point is less than 50, we will open the house up, and that can be totally nice up to 80, and tolerable to about 85. Especially if there is any bit of a breeze.

Humidity is "Relative Humidity", it is relative to the temperature. 80% RH at 70 degrees is much worse than 85 degrees with 30% RH. My comfort is directly related to the dew point, not RH.

I totally believe in the whole "but it's a dry heat" thing. Summer in Minnesota, if I'm going to a restaurant and it's 85, with a dew point of 65, I'm probably not going to be eating outside on the patio. Visited my SIL in Albuquerque one summer, sat on the patio, in the shade, totally comfortable, when we left, the car said it was 105 degrees out!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

How can you even sleep under the covers when its set inside at 79 degrees.............no such thing as dry heat inside the house is there? 79  degrees is 79 degrees inside your  house. Do you at least have a ceiling fan running?

In the summer we do run the ceiling fan, on low, and just cover up with a sheet. The ac takes some the moisture out of the air so it somewhat of drier heat. Works for us, we’ve lived here for over twenty years so our bodies have adjusted to it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

yes, could be a big difference when taking tours., never know.

On a continuous westward voyage, some heat is inevitable. Really not that much overall. Well planned route.

May look at morning excursions or enjoy the sunshine

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I am really hoping prices are decent, would love to join you for this leg.  

Several of these legs would have enormous appeal to a lot of folks. Not so much to those comfortable with closed loops put of FL😉

Glad you caught the travel bug

• Like 2

17 hours ago, LadyZolt said:

Yep, we do, too -- always a good idea!  🙂 

Voucher drinks, a buck a piece.   Five dollar bill for each meal, including breakfast.  Larger bills for cabin attendant end of each week.  

All over and above the prepaid grats.  

Which is why I hit the bank at home for straps of cash before each cruise.  😉 

• Like 3

On 1/24/2023 at 8:31 PM, John&LaLa said:

The World Cruise is currently being marketed as 4 segments

Miami - Los Angeles

Los Angeles - Dubai

Dubai - Barcelona

Barcelona - Miami

But they announced back in December that it is actually 17 individual legs

These would be released to fill any unsold space, no guarantees on availability

Yesterday they announced the breakdown to us

Miami - Rio, Dec 10 - Jan 5

Rio - Valparaiso, Jan 5 - Jan 23

Valparaiso - Los Angeles, Jan 23 - Feb 11

Los Angeles - Brisbane, Feb 11 - March 11

Brisbane - Hong Kong, March 11 - March 27

Hong Kong - Beijing, March 27 - April 8

Beijing - Singapore, April 8 - April 24

Singapore - Dubai, April 24 - May 9

Dubai - Athens, May 9 - May 27

Athens - Istanbul, May 27 - June 7

Istanbul - Venice, June 7 - June 20

Venice - Rome, June 20 - Jul 1

Rome - Barcelona, July 1 - July 10

Barcelona - Southampton, July 10 - July 26

Southampton - Copenhagen, July 26 - August 10

Copenhagen - Amsterdam, August 10 - August 19

Amsterdam - Miami, August 19 - September 10

Anyone want to come along 😁 

I wonder if Mario will jump on this and the chance to be on the same ship for 8 months or so.

Be interesting see how well it sells. It is the longest world cruise by any of the main brands.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I wonder if Mario will jump on this and the chance to be on the same ship for 8 months or so.

Be interesting see how well it sells. It is the longest world cruise by any of the main brands.

I don't believe he will join us, not his style

• Like 2

I've been checking Royal's website to see if these individual legs are on sale yet. It doesn't appear to be but wow things have gone from bad to worse with their cruise search function. Maybe I just hit it at a particularly wonky time. I do see Valparaiso listed as a departure port now, but no sailings come up. I'm interested in the previous leg which departs from Buenos Aires. Maybe. Airfare to and from South America looks pretty reasonable.

15 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

I've been checking Royal's website to see if these individual legs are on sale yet. It doesn't appear to be but wow things have gone from bad to worse with their cruise search function. Maybe I just hit it at a particularly wonky time. I do see Valparaiso listed as a departure port now, but no sailings come up. I'm interested in the previous leg which departs from Buenos Aires. Maybe. Airfare to and from South America looks pretty reasonable.

Not open for booking yet.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Which is why I hit the bank at home for straps of cash before each cruise. 

Ditto. Always get a pack of new $1 and $5 bills for our B2B cruises. (I actually keep a small supply at home for cards to the little kids.) 

New bills pack so nice and neat! 😆 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I am really hoping prices are decent, would love to join you for this leg.  

Me too, DH health precludes my making the whole voyage, but this leg is very attractive and covers many ports on my bucket list. Just waiting for details to be released.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2023 at 7:02 AM, John&LaLa said:

No more dry docks. They just plan on inconvenienceing passengers this fall prepping her.🤣🤣

I'm really surprised there will not be a drydock prior to the world cruise. Have been on her a couple of times this winter and she is by far the most neglected feeling ship I've been on. I genuinely hope they put in some elbow grease between now and December. 

56 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

I'm really surprised there will not be a drydock prior to the world cruise. Have been on her a couple of times this winter and she is by far the most neglected feeling ship I've been on. I genuinely hope they put in some elbow grease between now and December. 

Maintenance will be ongoing up until we sail.

Heck, the ship arrives from a 5 day trip on our departure date😉

Before that she's doing Panama Canal cruises.

Screenshot_20230201-185116_Chrome.thumb.jpg.daad4670b955c448a4119bd0ef777ca8.jpg

A few days in November without passengets between Boston and Miami, I guess

Edited by John&LaLa

19 hours ago, long4acruise said:

Ditto. Always get a pack of new $1 and $5 bills for our B2B cruises. (I actually keep a small supply at home for cards to the little kids.) 

I iron my small bills before packing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, long4acruise said:

We always try to get new bills too, but last cruise the bank teller said they couldn’t do that, but she  went through what she had and gave us the best.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 11:54 AM, RobInMN said:

Minnesota here. Winter: Furnace is set to 68. Summer: A/C set to 72. In the spring and fall (and rare summer), if the dew point is less than 50, we will open the house up, and that can be totally nice up to 80, and tolerable to about 85. Especially if there is any bit of a breeze.

Humidity is "Relative Humidity", it is relative to the temperature. 80% RH at 70 degrees is much worse than 85 degrees with 30% RH. My comfort is directly related to the dew point, not RH.

I totally believe in the whole "but it's a dry heat" thing. Summer in Minnesota, if I'm going to a restaurant and it's 85, with a dew point of 65, I'm probably not going to be eating outside on the patio. Visited my SIL in Albuquerque one summer, sat on the patio, in the shade, totally comfortable, when we left, the car said it was 105 degrees out!

We live in WI, winter the furnace is 69 but I am always in sweaters with a blanket over me.   Summer our air is at 77 or 78.  More to keep the humidity out in the summer.  I would keep the furnace higher but with the cost of propane I would rather cover up with a blanket!  

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We always try to get new bills too, but last cruise the bank teller said they couldn’t do that, but she  went through what she had and gave us the best.

I like new ones, but they often stick together

59 minutes ago, #1packerfan said:

We live in WI, winter the furnace is 69 but I am always in sweaters with a blanket over me.   Summer our air is at 77 or 78.  More to keep the humidity out in the summer.  I would keep the furnace higher but with the cost of propane I would rather cover up with a blanket!  

My challenge with the t-stat low is getting out of bed 🥶

• Haha 1