🌐Serenade Ultimate World Cruise - 17 leg breakdown

John&LaLa

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

At the end that plugs into a power source - two - USB A and USB C; at the end that plugs into a device, there are six:

Capture.JPG

Of course…. But when I think of generic USB ports in hotels, for example, I’m thinking of the USB that I have built into my outlets in the kitchen that I use for my phone, kindle, headphones, etc… I assume that’s USB A….. I know what C is, that’s for my iPad.  

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

Kinda surprised that the segmenters cannot bring wine onboard.  

So aren't segment cruisers allowed their bottle of wine pp ?

Barcelona , there's no further bag check once you've been through the port shop after checkin, at least there still wasn't last month

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Of course…. But when I think of generic USB ports in hotels, for example, I’m thinking of the USB that I have built into my outlets in the kitchen that I use for my phone, kindle, headphones, etc… I assume that’s USB A….. I know what C is, that’s for my iPad.  

That's what I thought as well until we took delivery of our new VW EV. It came with two USB-C ports and no USB A ports, so I had to buy two USB C/A patch cables in order to plug in any of my devices.

Capture.JPG

Edited by orville99

23 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Agree, I'm sure it will be the only one. Same as most Hotels/Airlines

Edited by ONECRUISER

16 minutes ago, orville99 said:

That's what I thought as well until we took delivery of our new VW EV. It came with two USB-C ports and no USB A ports, so I had to buy two USB C/A patch cables in order to plug in any of my devices.

Capture.JPG

I guess that’s more popular in Germany?  Our GEM car came with 2 regular USB ports. 

23 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I guess that’s more popular in Germany?  Our GEM car came with 2 regular USB ports. 

I believe it is driven by the device manufacturers like Samsung as well. Since our VW was manufactured in Tennessee, I never gave it a thought. 

As an aside, I need to start a list of all the changes/upgrades that have been promised to the WC folks so I can try to track them down when we are on our WB/EB Panama Canal B2B cruises in November

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

Kinda surprised that the segmenters cannot bring wine onboard.  Also surprised to hear that the segmenters have ANY complimentary excursions.

Segment folks can bring it on when they join the cruise. We can do it every port 

Segment folks got the short stick from what I can tell. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Capture.JPG

Tesla has 4 USB C, and 1 USB A

The only one for data is the USB A in the glove box

59 minutes ago, sgmn said:

So aren't segment cruisers allowed their bottle of wine pp ?

Barcelona , there's no further bag check once you've been through the port shop after checkin, at least there still wasn't last month

Yes, but just on embarkation 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I believe it is driven by the device manufacturers like Samsung as well. Since our VW was manufactured in Tennessee, I never gave it a thought. 

As an aside, I need to start a list of all the changes/upgrades that have been promised to the WC folks so I can try to track them down when we are on our WB/EB Panama Canal B2B cruises in November

Don't be surprised if you can't access the laundry. Guessing it will have a keycard lock

Bring a thermometer to test fridge. Supposed to be set to 2 degrees Celsius, around 37F 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes, but just on embarkation 

But do you think we will get the bottles of wine for our D+ that we get on cruises now?  Because we wouldn’t even bring a bottle on then.  We’re on 2 consecutive mini segments.

Just now, lovesthebeach2 said:

But do you think we will get the bottles of wine for our D+ that we get on cruises now?  Because we wouldn’t even bring a bottle on then.  We’re on 2 consecutive mini segments.

You should get 4 bottles is my take.

Royal is allowing us to forego the C&A perks and take OBC instead for each segment

Seems a no Brainer

20230606_150948.thumb.jpg.f954ebfc2542b54bfcbd2b2a67a13afb.jpg

20230606_151051.thumb.jpg.72d5725a6a3657656a82579b8274f9c1.jpg

20230606_151146.thumb.jpg.7f11fd969947f64d45a174133ee26c6e.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Don't be surprised if you can't access the laundry. Guessing it will have a keycard lock

Bring a thermometer to test fridge. Supposed to be set to 2 degrees Celsius, around 37F 

Will add those to the list. I just hope to be able to find where they put the laundry rooms - if they are available for passengers to use them, we probably won’t bother.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

The mini segments C&A benefits do not change.  The full voyage cruisers get some choices and added perks and like John mentioned the 4 segment cruisers lose out on a few things that the WC get.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

OBC per leg

Access to laundry room 

Ability to bring wine onboard

Additional complimentary excursions

I would think they’d welcome you bringing as much wine onboard as you’d like.  Less they will have to provide over the months you will be onboard!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The mini segments C&A benefits do not change.  The full voyage cruisers get some choices and added perks and like John mentioned the 4 segment cruisers lose out on a few things that the WC get.

Thanks for clarifying Ken!  I wouldn’t think we’d lose benefits!

• Like 1

I'm still trying to understand the benefits for the 'segmenters'.

Royal originally stated this in the WC - FAQ section - "And all our Crown & Anchor Society members will enjoy enhanced benefits when purchasing the Ultimate World Cruise or Ultimate Cruise segments — details to follow in the near future." and that wording is still there on the website.

I don't think there has been any enhanced benefits for segments has there?

When they released the mini's I priced out our 5 mini's that make up our S3 - same catergory in a OVB (before they pulled the OVB from the mini's inventory). It was $18,600 AUD diff / ~ 12K USD

I stuck with our original reservation, assuming there would be some benefit for booking a segment. I knew the cost going in when I made the reservation so I thought, just wait and see.

This of course may turn out to be a mistake and I should have just switched!

As we're D+ we don't really need the drink pkg's, I 'might' have got the refreshment for me as I don't drink much and my husband would have used most of the D drinks.

We probably would get the wifi and need  2 -  3 bags laundry p/wk 

I don't begrudge any of the benefits that are going to full WC'ers. That is the well deserved benefits for having booked the full journey.

There doesn't seem like there was any benefit booking a segment though - probably should have switched to the mini's when I had the chance!

I'm not losing sleep over it though, we are still very much looking forward to it!

On 1/24/2023 at 3:31 PM, John&LaLa said:

The World Cruise is currently being marketed as 4 segments

Anyone want to come along 😁 

Definitely a trip if a lifetime.  I hope you and everyone going have a great time.  Please share lots of info/photos!

I hope it’s still available in a few years.  I’d love to surprise this for my DW.  

20 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

20230606_150430.thumb.jpg.83171942d9819c41569112cbe505ba80.jpg

Interesting the 738 birthdays, so if cruise is just over 9 months long, with law of averages and without doing the maths, I guess there's around 1000 doing the full world cruise ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BecAus said:

I'm still trying to understand the benefits for the 'segmenters'.

Royal originally stated this in the WC - FAQ section - "And all our Crown & Anchor Society members will enjoy enhanced benefits when purchasing the Ultimate World Cruise or Ultimate Cruise segments — details to follow in the near future." and that wording is still there on the website.

I don't think there has been any enhanced benefits for segments has there?

When they released the mini's I priced out our 5 mini's that make up our S3 - same catergory in a OVB (before they pulled the OVB from the mini's inventory). It was $18,600 AUD diff / ~ 12K USD

I stuck with our original reservation, assuming there would be some benefit for booking a segment. I knew the cost going in when I made the reservation so I thought, just wait and see.

This of course may turn out to be a mistake and I should have just switched!

As we're D+ we don't really need the drink pkg's, I 'might' have got the refreshment for me as I don't drink much and my husband would have used most of the D drinks.

We probably would get the wifi and need  2 -  3 bags laundry p/wk 

I don't begrudge any of the benefits that are going to full WC'ers. That is the well deserved benefits for having booked the full journey.

There doesn't seem like there was any benefit booking a segment though - probably should have switched to the mini's when I had the chance!

I'm not losing sleep over it though, we are still very much looking forward to it!

Me too.  Though booking two quarter segments,  equaling 1/2 of the whole WC...apparently we are going to be treated like a single 17 mini segment.  

Poop happens I guess.  

Like you, very much looking forward to the unique itineraries.  🙂 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2023 at 12:26 PM, John&LaLa said:

Given that what was in the cabins when we sailed on her in February were just the old fashioned "chillers", they would have to swap out all of those to get something in the cabins that could actually be temperature controlled like that.