🌐Serenade Ultimate World Cruise - 17 leg breakdown

John&LaLa

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Given that what was in the cabins when we sailed on her in February were just the old fashioned "chillers", they would have to swap out all of those to get something in the cabins that could actually be temperature controlled like that.

That's the plan according to what they're telling us. 

That's way easier than adding outlets to bed wall or swapping out wall lamps to include USB

1 hour ago, Trailcon said:

DW and I are on SOS for the first time on the Tampa to Boston repositioning cruise.  I an interested if they will doing work during this trip.

Work has been ongoing all year

On 6/8/2023 at 5:55 AM, sgmn said:

Interesting the 738 birthdays, so if cruise is just over 9 months long, with law of averages and without doing the maths, I guess there's around 1000 doing the full world cruise ? 

Speaking of birthday averages, My 7th/8th grade algebra teacher always started the new school year in each class by proving out the birthday paradox:  You only need a group of 23 people to have a greater than 50% chance that any two of them will share a birthday.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Speaking of birthday averages, My 7th/8th grade algebra teacher always started the new school year in each class by proving out the birthday paradox:  You only need a group of 23 people to have a greater than 50% chance that any two of them will share a birthday.

Ha, this is why I'm not a mathematician 😁

• Like 4

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

That's the plan according to what they're telling us. 

That's way easier than adding outlets to bed wall or swapping out wall lamps to include USB

If there’s anything else that you were promised that you’d like us to track down for you while we are on board, just let us know - we have four weeks to scour the ship before we turn it over to you.😇

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

If there’s anything else that you were promised that you’d like us to track down for you while we are on board, just let us know - we have four weeks to scour the ship before we turn it over to you.😇

Supposed to turn WJ annex into card room. Thats the front part, starboard side

I think the space above Centrum on 12, is a work/reading area.

Can't recall anything else mentioned

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/11/2023 at 1:15 PM, John&LaLa said:

Currently warming up 8002 for you on the repo. Had the cooler swapped out. The old one was not working even after unplugging the unit and blowing copious amounts of dust out of the fins in the back. Replacement works really well! 

The storage is crazy. We brought five 49lb suitcases for 3 people and still have 6 empty drawers and 3 empty cabinets. The room is fairly spacious and the new beds are much better than the other ships we have been on.

Is there anything you want to know specifically about the room or photos of anything (or area) in particular? 

On 6/11/2023 at 1:15 PM, John&LaLa said:

Your room attendant will be Mirafe for the first 3rd of the WC. She is amazing and extremely nice. 

27 minutes ago, island lady said:

Are the new beds (hopefully including new mattress) in all cabins now?  I was wondering if I needed to bring an extra duffle bag to check with mattress topper. 

I was told all the new beds are in place. I can visibly see about 25 sets staged on deck 12 in the space over the centrum ceiling. We asked for a topper from our attendant just because. She happily delivered the first night. 

We sleep on a Stearns plush pillow top at home and I would give these a solid 6 compared to our home set. They are much softer than the other sets. Still a little firm but comfortable with the traditional topper. I don't think the topper has changed. It still feels like an upgraded mattress protector. 

I would bring my own just to be safe rather than sorry.

It is obvious work around the ship is continuing on a daily basis with little to no impact to guests.

I haven't located a potential laundry spot yet...

It seems much of the staff I have asked are herw for 1/3 to 1/2 the W/C. Deduction has led me to believe they are changing staff as close to the home countries as possible amongst those I've asked.

Any other questions let me know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Td6462 said:

I was told all the new beds are in place. I can visibly see about 25 sets staged on deck 12 in the space over the centrum ceiling. We asked for a topper from our attendant just because. She happily delivered the first night. 

We sleep on a Stearns plush pillow top at home and I would give these a solid 6 compared to our home set. They are much softer than the other sets. Still a little firm but comfortable with the traditional topper. I don't think the topper has changed. It still feels like an upgraded mattress protector. 

It is obvious work around the ship is continuing on a daily basis with little to no impact to guests.

It seems much of the staff I have asked are herw for 1/3 to 1/2 the W/C. Deduction has led me to believe they are changing staff as close to the home countries as possible amongst those I've asked.

Thanks!  Then indeed I will pack a thinner mattress topper in a tagged duffle bag.... sending up with my checked luggage.  Much rather do it, than wish I had.  😉 

• Like 1

Yes, these are now thicker mattresses by about 5inchs. use to Cruise beds being lower and now they about same height as an average home set. They were doing touch up every week while in Tampa with multiple shore hi/lows, restaining all railings, massive rewiring in hall cielings and replacing in cabin "Coolers". Have had couple dozen contractors staying onboard Serenade last 3 Cruises

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 2

We’re in our second cabin in 3 cruises.  Have had a new mattress in both cabins.  Both have been fine with us.  Good night’s sleep and comfortable! The bathroom in this cabin could definitely use updating and we do not have a new cooler/refrigerator (barely cool) in this cabin (9580).  Our balcony cabin on the Deck 8 hump (8594) was perfect!  We had new bathroom fixtures, great water pressure, and immediate hot water.

All in all, Serenade is wonderful!  We will be happy to get back on in January!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yes, these are now thicker mattresses by about 5inchs. use to Cruise beds being lower and now they about same height as an average home set. They were doing touch up every week while in Tampa with multiple shore hi/lows, restaining all railings, massive rewiring in hall cielings and replacing in cabin "Coolers". Have had couple dozen contractors staying onboard Serenade last 3 Cruises

I asked a couple of the contractors I ran into today what they were working on. The answer was wifi infrastructure. They said it's not on yet everywhere. But it's almost done. We have a brand new Cisco WAP in our ceiling. Really can't complain about the wifi compared to the old stuff. 

Screenshot_20230915_142153_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Td6462 said:

Are they still using this nice space above the atrium only for storrage on Serenade? This is such a waste. It was a very nice seating area with next cruise booking desk before as it still is on Jewel.

Edited by Saab4444

47 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Are they still using this nice space above the atrium only for storrage on Serenade? This is such a waste. It was a very nice seating area with next cruise booking desk before as it still is on Jewel.

Still storage at the moment.  Rumored to be a work space for the WC.

Just now, Td6462 said:

I asked a couple of the contractors I ran into today what they were working on. The answer was wifi infrastructure. They said it's not on yet everywhere. But it's almost done. We have a brand new Cisco WAP in our ceiling. Really can't complain about the wifi compared to the old stuff. 

Screenshot_20230915_142153_Chrome.jpg

Thanks, I assumed was Wi Fi wasnt going guess though. I remember when they first got Computers back in the 90's. Back then took about 8 minutes to Download a picture. Onboard for my 3wk, thinking might stay on after get to Boston if a Good Cabin was to pop up in next couple days

Just now, Td6462 said:

Still storage at the moment.  Rumored to be a work space for the WC.

Shoot they also have front Conference room filled to ceiling right up to the Door by Main Theater, can't even step in there. I dont ever remember that room above atrium being used like they do on couple other Radiance Class, though they did use to have the Aerial Shows on Serenade and Brilliance until 5yrs ago

Just now, pstone1 said:

We’re in our second cabin in 3 cruises.  Have had a new mattress in both cabins.  Both have been fine with us.  Good night’s sleep and comfortable! The bathroom in this cabin could definitely use updating and we do not have a new cooler/refrigerator (barely cool) in this cabin (9580).  Our balcony cabin on the Deck 8 hump (8594) was perfect!  We had new bathroom fixtures, great water pressure, and immediate hot water.

All in all, Serenade is wonderful!  We will be happy to get back on in January!

I had to change after Cabins first couple Cruises also, though worth it 8168 to 9256 for the Repo. First one had old, 9256 has new, was watching couple workers going in few Cabins last couple days to work on their Shower Fixtures and behind the panels in the Halls. Saw a Bucket in Hall 2hrs ago, water leaking from Ceiling. Oops! 

Also currently on Serenade for the 12N Tampa to Boston repo. The bed is very comfortable - one of the best yet! New pillows, bed & bath linens and plush robes. The cooler in #8532 is just ok, but will mention to the staff as it may need to be cleaned or replaced.

Wifi has been great for calls, texts and Zoom, mtg, but the app leaves much to be desired. The app keeps closing on its own and if I add the later show to my calendar, it repeatedly shows up with the early times. Frustrating but was told previously that RC is aware and correcting this is a top priority. Duplicate postings of two activities in the same venue at the same time or 15 min apart in the app - unsure if this is on the CD staff or whomever is updating the app?

The ship is being constantly cleaned and wiped down, the staff is friendly and helpful and the MTD has gone well.

Will be in the same spacious OV balcony on the hump for 3 different mini segments of the UWC so will try to peep at that cabin before I disembark.

Life is good!

• Like 2

Just now, long4acruise said:

Also currently on Serenade for the 12N Tampa to Boston repo. The bed is very comfortable - one of the best yet! New pillows, bed & bath linens and plush robes. The cooler in #8532 is just ok, but will mention to the staff as it may need to be cleaned or replaced.

Wifi has been great for calls, texts and Zoom, mtg, but the app leaves much to be desired. The app keeps closing on its own and if I add the later show to my calendar, it repeatedly shows up with the early times. Frustrating but was told previously that RC is aware and correcting this is a top priority. Duplicate postings of two activities in the same venue at the same time or 15 min apart in the app - unsure if this is on the CD staff or whomever is updating the app?

The ship is being constantly cleaned and wiped down, the staff is friendly and helpful and the MTD has gone well.

Will be in the same spacious OV balcony on the hump for 3 different mini segments of the UWC so will try to peep at that cabin before I disembark.

Life is good!

Yeah the Towels had weird smell to them couple weeks ago, well thry were new. Now been washed couple times no issue, White and Bright as you stated, same with sheets