Do You Really Have To Print Your E Docs?

44 minutes ago, Great 2 B at Sea said:

Is it really necessary to print the pages of your E Docs?  We did this a couple of years ago and they never asked for them.  Thanks in advance.

E Docs are totally different than your set sail pass.

The only thing you will need from your e docs is your luggage tag although you could have the porter at the pier make those for you as well.

Your set sail pass (1 page) can speed things up at the terminal in the event you struggle to show it o =n your phone.

• Like 5

Either Screenshot your set sail pass or open it up in a window on your phone.  Very similar to a boarding pass for a plane.  Only part of edocs you need is the luggage tags.  I haven't used the paper boarding pass since the app allowed you to board with the set sail pass.

5 hours ago, Great 2 B at Sea said:

Is it really necessary to print the pages of your E Docs?  We did this a couple of years ago and they never asked for them.  Thanks in advance.

It has never  been necessary. That is why they are called E Docs . E stands for electronic. 😀 I only print the luggage tags.  I do export the PDF to my tablet and phone for reference but even that is not necessary.

13 hours ago, Great 2 B at Sea said:

Print a copy of your set sail pass. The edocs are up to you.

The world of cruising has returned back to "normal",,, for a while, the silliest people where those who had everything on their phone.  Dad with the family trying to pull up set sail passes, vaccination records,, covid test records.... while the reset of us just held up good 'ole paper copies.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Great 2 B at Sea said:

You don't have to but having a paper backup of everything is not a bad idea just in case. We've had times where our phones don't want to connect at the terminals for whatever reason. Having a paper backup in our backpacks removes the stress when that happens. 

You do not have to but as ADMIRAL Rickover always said “ Never let it be said the last copy of anything passed through these portals.”  We always carry a paper backup to have and breeze through with them as e docs sometimes fail.

Although we always have them on our phone, I always have a paper copy of everything we might need just in case signal goes etc. DW says  "your not in the Army now!" but proved invaluable at NJ port last year with our 6 YO granddaughter who up until 4 days prior need to be covid checked but the day before the cruise they dropped it so we arrived at the port and where asked for her covid check paperwork. I had the information on my phone but could not get it up so got my trusty folder out produced the paper work and when they checked came back saying they had not been told but it was fine to board!

"Fail to prepare, prepare to fail!".