Live from the Sky Princess- January 28, 2023 Our Big Old “Do-Over” Cruise

TracieABD

Thank you for a great blog! DH and I were  on Sky Princess in Sept 2022 and I am delighted to hear that your experiences were so similar to ours (we’re sailing on her again in Sept 2023 so we’re hoping nothing much changes!) We didn’t use the Sanctuary as we had 4 port days and 2 sea days but next time there’s only 1 port we want to re-visit so

we’re hoping to manage a couple of afternoons as a treat. 

Incidentally my opinion of 5-skies was the same as yours… I could appreciate the performances but didn’t really get the point of it - DH on the other hand thought it was brilliant. 

1 hour ago, TracieABD said:

February 5, 2023

Charlotte, NC

Annnnnnddddd... That's a wrap!

Hi friends-

I am home and trying to stabilize our lives- and Jon is off at work.

It was a charmed cruise- Not quite as charmed as Nov. 2021 B2B2B- but really lovely. (and way better than the Triple C- Caribbean Covid Cruise- of May 2022).

The Great:

• The food and presentation- all around excellent- with only a few misses.
  • The MDR staff- from Giuseppe to Ron to Bob/ Tryvon. Right down the line- it was truly like the TD of old. We loved the MDR so much, we never did go to specialty dining- and that is a first for us!
  • Our cabin steward- Ronaldo- who was quite possibly the most efficient steward ever.
  • Selections in the IC
  • The colour palette and overall condition of the ship.
  • The bed. Oh! The bed!

The Good:

• The Sanctuary staff were helpful and kind and really worked with us- but there are just not enough seats available.
  • The entertainment. It was fun and it was free, but there were some misses for sure.
  • The Coffee Crew at the IC. They were the most personable staff that I have seen in quite a while.

The Not-Terribly-Wonderful- But Not a Deal Breaker

• The Passenger Service Desk staff. I am not going to troll them, but they could definitely try a little harder to connect with passengers.

The Ugly

• Nothing. Nothing at all! (YES!!!)

That is all I have to say about that! (F. Gump).

I will stick around to answer question and respond to any silliness!

Thanks for following along.

Anyone want to help us plan our next big cruising adventure???

Fin-

Tracie-Lynn

PS. I will be walking the Camino (Portugal/Spain) in May and working at the Special Olympics World Games (Berlin) in June. I will be blogging those on my Facebook page. If you want an add- feel free to email me at tracie <@> carolina <.> rr <.> com (take out the pointy thingies).

Thank you so much for taking the time for your fun reports! I am glad you had a wonderful "Do- Over". We are looking forward to being on the Sky this June even more.

So happy that you had a good cruise after your experience in May.  We stayed healthy during and after that one but we enjoyed meeting you (before you went to quarantine).  I remember you had a horrible smell in your original room on that cruise and it's great that you were given an upgrade this round.  Anyway as always it's fun when you take us along on your cruises.  Good luck with your future travels!

• Like 1

Tracie-Lynn…thanks for once again allowing us to vicariously join you on another fun cruise adventure & maybe one day we will all meet on a future cruise.

Best of luck on walking the Camino & hopefully you will have great conditions. 😊

20 hours ago, TracieABD said:

Tracie-Lynn - loved your blog and witty descriptions! We're sailing on the Sky in the spring and wanted to know if you had a Samsung TV in your cabin?  We stream TV and last time we sailed Princess we were able to use our home Samsung remote.  Thanks for any info. 

3 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Tracie-Lynn - loved your blog and witty descriptions! We're sailing on the Sky in the spring and wanted to know if you had a Samsung TV in your cabin?  We stream TV and last time we sailed Princess we were able to use our home Samsung remote.  Thanks for any info. 

I have no idea... but what a great question! Sadly, I am off the ship.

16 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Tracie-Lynn…thanks for once again allowing us to vicariously join you on another fun cruise adventure & maybe one day we will all meet on a future cruise.

Best of luck on walking the Camino & hopefully you will have great conditions. 😊

Thanks, Frank!

Fingers crossed that the weather gods smile upon us!

33 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

We have yet to see a Samsung TV in our cabin.  They are almost exclusively LG TV's.  On our recent Discovery cruise, they were a newer version of LG TV that did not allow a change of input.  So, we were unable to stream via the TV.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We have yet to see a Samsung TV in our cabin.  They are almost exclusively LG TV's.  On our recent Discovery cruise, they were a newer version of LG TV that did not allow a change of input.  So, we were unable to stream via the TV.

Thank you for responding...I have obviously confused my last Celebrity sailing with my Princess one.  I will be taking my LG or universal remote! Thanks again!

• Like 2