Keep an eye on your bookings!

Jadn13

Just a friendly Reminder-

Keep track of your bookings, I went to prepay for gratuities for a longer sailing and realized it was missing from personalizer. Upon further investigation I noticed my assigned cabin was available.

I called Princess and found out it was cancelled, not the cruise just my reservation. 
No email, phone call or even a refund of funds. The sailing isn’t until 2024 so it wasn’t due to lack of payment.

Keep track of your bookings, excursions, payments and everything else.

*Still waiting on a resolution on hold with guest services 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I check every day now because I don’t trust Princess any more. To many bad stories are being heard on cc. Example - Princess change the cabin without notifying the customer. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Keep track of your bookings, I went to prepay for gratuities for a longer sailing and realized it was missing from personalizer. Upon further investigation I noticed my assigned cabin was available.

I called Princess and found out it was cancelled, not the cruise just my reservation. 
No email, phone call or even a refund of funds. The sailing isn’t until 2024 so it wasn’t due to lack of payment.

Wow! I hope you get your cabin back or another cabin that's just as acceptable. I do check our bookings nearly daily. I'm particularly worried about our booking for the total eclipse cruise disappearing into the ozone. I'd hate that.

• Like 2

Just now, DHP1 said:

I check every day now because I don’t trust Princess any more. To many bad stories are being heard on cc. Example - Princess change the cabin without notifying the customer. 

Same with me.

I have had my reservation cancelled unexpectedly but did receive email notice with a penalty for cancelling!

two weeks to get it resolved.

If we Keep hearing about these cabin switches without giving a reason for it, we will stop booking with this cruise line.

They can make changes, but I expect a Reason to be given.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Issue Resolved. 
Guest Services was able to reinstate  the bookings and offer no understanding as to why it was canceled to begin with. 

They seem to be going through some sort of transition period with all the issues lately. 

Mind your bookings 😁

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the heads up. I have an April 2024 cruise booked with my daughter and her family.  Would hate to have that go belly up. Will have to keep track on a somewhat regular basis and let my daughter know as well.

4 hours ago, DHP1 said:

This 👆

EVERY day. 

• Like 3

When I have my morning coffee, the first thing I do is check my Princess reservations.  Cabin, excursions, extras and invoice.  Never had an issue, but you can’t be too careful.  I would call my CVP and let her do her thing!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

When I have my morning coffee, the first thing I do is check my Princess reservations.  Cabin, excursions, extras and invoice.  Never had an issue, but you can’t be too careful.  I would call my CVP and let her do her thing!

Same here, every morning while having my coffee. Lol

Lady Arwen our cruises are in 2024 so you know what mean, 500+ days of checking. OMG

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

I have a no upgrade on our bookings always, but it still happened move us to mid ship, I always pick aft. Called TA and got our cabin back, no reason why guess computer missed no upgrade.

Maybe will need to keep looking 181 days out do not want to loose our cabin choice, I book early so I can get this location.

Thanks for the reminder to keep on top of this.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Same here, every morning while having my coffee. Lol

Lady Arwen our cruises are in 2024 so you know what mean, 500+ days of checking. OMG

Yes, but we have another Princess cruise booked for September 2023 so I have to check both!  Such problems, such a bother, right? lol. If either of us see any updates or price drops on Sun Princess, we must update each other here on CC.  Where in Ontario are you?  We live between Blue Mountain and Meaford.  Retired from Toronto and moved to “the farm” lol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Yes, but we have another Princess cruise booked for September 2023 so I have to check both!  Such problems, such a bother, right? lol. If either of us see any updates or price drops on Sun Princess, we must update each other here on CC.  Where in Ontario are you?  We live between Blue Mountain and Meaford.  Retired from Toronto and moved to “the farm” lol.

I'm going to be busy on the computer. I have a B2B in October 2023 and an April 2024 cruise. 😡

• Like 1

Another reason to check your bookings:

I checked mine a couple of days ago. We have a B2B2B booked this fall. The 1st leg has gone way up but the 2nd and 3rd legs have gone down. We had no FCD when we booked these cruises. I was able to cancel and re-book the 2nd and 3rd segment, kept the same cabin for all three segments, and was able to apply FCD that we didn't own when we made the original booking (so got $1,000 in deposits back). We saved over $1,100 on the cruise pricing and got an extra $600 OBC. Now that is a great reason to check bookings! 😎

• Like 15

On 1/29/2023 at 8:55 AM, Jadn13 said:

I was wondering what happened to you on the roll call, so glad you got things squared away.  Can't believe that Princess canceled your booking.  Hope to see you back on the roll call soon.

• Like 1

I am also like, done, with how Princess is doing business.

Have been there, done that.  And am now hearing far too many stories.

Too many problems where good customers are being screwed every which way.

We have been looking at sailing Europe on the new ship.

recently got a PR email, they want us to sail again, offering a lower deposit and maybe a laughable OBC.  $100.00 or  less.

Okay, our TA mistakenly thought we were inquiring about the longer cruise, and not just the first segment.   She had automatically put a hold on a cabin, as many TAs do.

Well,  because a HOLD, yes, just a HOLD, was placed, then that offer from Princess is now NOT VALID. 

Seriously?  A hold is a booking and cancels an offer that was sent personally to you.

Really!

TA said she went 'round and round', 'back and forth' with Princess.  And they blew her off and refused to make good on that offer, of an insultingly small OBC for a Platinum loyal customer.

Note:  NO, this isn't about being platinum...  it is all about how absolutely horrible Princess customer service and business practices are, and how they will do stuff like this over any small nickle and dime amount.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1

Same with us. Sailing the new ship in Europe.
They advertised in the Plus Drink Package $100 OBC however, we never received it. Sent several e-mails to Management within a 3 weeks period, finally spoke to a lady telling me that I don’t qualified for the $100 OBC. I told her it’s advertised in your website. The next day she call me back and told me “as a good faith” we have decided to give it to you. Unbelievable. Now I check my booking everyday because I’m sure I’m a candidate for a cabin change or something without notifying me. Read lots of stories on this in cc. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

I am also like, done, with how Princess is doing business.

Have been there, done that.  And am now hearing far too many stories.

Too many problems where good customers are being screwed every which way.

We have been looking at sailing Europe on the new ship.

recently got a PR email, they want us to sail again, offering a lower deposit and maybe a laughable OBC.  $100.00 or  less.

Okay, our TA mistakenly thought we were inquiring about the longer cruise, and not just the first segment.   She had automatically put a hold on a cabin, as many TAs do.

Well,  because a HOLD, yes, just a HOLD, was placed, then that offer from Princess is now NOT VALID. 

Seriously?  A hold is a booking and cancels an offer that was sent personally to you.

Really!

TA said she went 'round and round', 'back and forth' with Princess.  And they blew her off and refused to make good on that offer, of an insultingly small OBC for a Platinum loyal customer.

Note:  NO, this isn't about being platinum...  it is all about how absolutely horrible Princess customer service and business practices are, and how they will do stuff like this over any small nickle and dime amount.

A hold is just that a hold on the cabin for a specified time it is not a booking. A booking occurs when a deposit is paid. If we see a cruise we want on a weekend then we put a hold on it and email our CVP to call us on Monday to put on the deposit 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, memoak said:

A hold is just that a hold on the cabin for a specified time it is not a booking. A booking occurs when a deposit is paid. If we see a cruise we want on a weekend then we put a hold on it and email our CVP to call us on Monday to put on the deposit 

I do the same however, our CVP never return our calls so I had to call Princess themselves because time was running out to pay the deposit. 

To be fair, the issue we’ve had with DH’s cabins being changed are, I think related to his doing B2Bs, but it still shouldn’t happen.  They’re all marked no upgrades of any kind. 

Specially, I book him in a balcony cabin in one of his two favorite locations.  Then he adds a cruise and I get him as close to that one as I can. Then he adds another cruise and there is nothing close by so he is booked in a balcony cabin on another (lower) deck, more mid ship.  Princess thinks this is a higher category. Then, without notifying him, he gets moved to a cabin close to that third one for all of his cruises. I’m sure they (their system) think that’s wonderful; he’s in the same cabin in a (theoretically) higher cabin category. But he really didn’t want to be in that location at all. This happened twice.  One time I could get him back in his original cabin for one cruise but not the other. But it took a couple of hours in chat to do that, because it’s a change in cabin category. And another time, though his original cabin was available when the chat started, they took so long that it disappeared.

3 hours ago, DHP1 said:

I do the same however, our CVP never return our calls so I had to call Princess themselves because time was running out to pay the deposit. 

Never returns calls?

May I suggest

perhaps

you need a different CVP?

Edited by that
  • Like 2

On 1/29/2023 at 10:43 PM, nasa1974 said:

I'm going to be busy on the computer. I have a B2B in October 2023 and an April 2024 cruise. 😡

The quickest way to see if your cabin is change is to log in to your App. Both cruises should be listed there. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 2