Prima / Live / Solo / Feb - 5-12 - 2023...

sid_9169

I will be on the ship next month with 2 kids. I am sure they will want to go on the dry slide a bunch. Wife and I will probably not go on. Is there an easy way to get to the bottom to meet up with the kids? Same with if they want to ride it again. Is there an easy way to get back to the top?

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Is this not life 101.  Reminds me of the Adam Corola bit about hotel coffee pots.  98% of coffee drinkers drink regular coffee.  Yet the hotel breakfast buffet has 2 giant pots. One regular and one decaf.  The decaf pot is full because NO ONE drinks it.  The regular coffee pot is empty and you get a few drips.  You have ten thousand spoons and all you need is a knife.  The entire hotel coffee breakfast buffet is centered around 2% of coffee drinkers.  I can only imagine what's going on in that Starbucks.

I can’t even fathom what cruise decaf tastes like given how dismal their “regular” coffee in those big stainless canisters tastes.  0(<

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Something about to go down in the main theater.

PXL_20230210_014442491.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to do this live review. 
I’m glad to see this show in the main theatre instead of the atrium. I hope other ships do this too. There’s just not enough space in the atrium to watch a popular show such as this one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, david_sobe said:

Is this not life 101.  Reminds me of the Adam Corola bit about hotel coffee pots.  98% of coffee drinkers drink regular coffee.  Yet the hotel breakfast buffet has 2 giant pots. One regular and one decaf.  The decaf pot is full because NO ONE drinks it.  The regular coffee pot is empty and you get a few drips.  You have ten thousand spoons and all you need is a knife.  The entire hotel coffee breakfast buffet is centered around 2% of coffee drinkers.  I can only imagine what's going on in that Starbucks.

My DW drinks decaf, and often she has to wait because they have to make a fresh pot. 

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, GWAE said:

I will be on the ship next month with 2 kids. I am sure they will want to go on the dry slide a bunch. Wife and I will probably not go on. Is there an easy way to get to the bottom to meet up with the kids? Same with if they want to ride it again. Is there an easy way to get back to the top?

Just have the kids wait somewhere at the bottom of the slide. Elevator or the stairs are the only way back up.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Just have the kids wait somewhere at the bottom of the slide. Elevator or the stairs are the only way back up.

Is it an easy way, like the elevator is near by or is it an ordeal to get there. 

1 hour ago, Mommapadraig said:

I didn’t know about following until this thread. For others who are uniformed… (on my iPad) once you are logged in On the very top right hand side of page there is a blue rectangular box that says follow. Click on it! I think I got some choices for notifications but once clicked you are done!

It’s at the very bottom of each page for iPhone users (provided you are logged in!).  306!!

Edited by L1211
Gibberish
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, GWAE said:

Is it an easy way, like the elevator is near by or is it an ordeal to get there. 

I think it's within a reasonable distance. The bottom of the slide is on deck 8 with the infinity pool, and right outside The Local...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, L1211 said:
17 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

This three story atrium is whacky, but it grows on you after awhile.

PXL_20230210_011413910.thumb.jpg.371662558765a66ef4161169edfb9d61.jpg

PXL_20230210_011432929.thumb.jpg.09b86cc1a04e84c0ee7edc54128adfd6.jpg

PXL_20230210_011441132.jpg

Expand  

Any sense this won’t age well?  The pics give me “bad idea” vibes from the future…

Reminds me of the movie Logan's Run.  Cool, but I do not think it will age well (plus what a PIA for staff to clean those hard to reach flat surfaces).

• Like 1

I'm number 313 but I've read from the beginning. Sid, you have an amazing ability to put the reader in your flip-flops. "Follow" is too weak of a word. I'm not following you, I AM YOU onboard that beautiful ship. Keep on eating, drinking, and making merry. I'm enjoying myself.

• Like 19

2 hours ago, pcrum said:

Is it weird that I am bothered by the fact that the cheese is not melted. 

It's like going to the Waffle House and they just throw the cheese on your hashbrowns right before they bring it to your table. Like, bro??? 

Edited by Megan_Strick
  • Like 5