Holland America's you are on hold music

albingirl

I wish more companies would just use callback queues, and do away with long hold times (short hold times I'm fine with). It should be cheaper for companies to do callbacks when they're busy too, as they don't need as many available 800 lines sitting idle with people on hold.

• Like 6

Even better, how about no hold music at all! That way I can listen to what I want to listen to on my radio as I wait. 
I can take the customary 'we appreciate your patience' interruption (although you are definitely trying patience), but I don't need to hear it every few seconds. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RuthC said:

Even better, how about no hold music at all! That way I can listen to what I want to listen to on my radio as I wait. 
I can take the customary 'we appreciate your patience' interruption (although you are definitely trying patience), but I don't need to hear it every few seconds. 

You left out "your call is important to us".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

And, I forgot to put my travels on this site.  Sorry.  Off to NS Statendam for 2 weeks collector cruise on Sat. Feb. 4.  I will report back to you wonderful people when I return.  I am very psyched about this;  NS is one of my faves!  We are in Florida but think of all of you with this deep freeze coming.  Stay safe and well, and warm and inside. x

16 hours ago, albingirl said:

Don't you think that they should change it?  It's so annoying to listen to for a long time while you are waiting for them to answer your call.  It think it's time they put something else together that isn't so jarring.

I think last time I called there may have been an option to turn it off.  Maybe another hold I was on though.  

20 minutes ago, Nowcruise5 said:

Just for FYI, if you are on hold and do not hear music, the person you are holding for can hear anything you say. So be careful!

That's good to know. So maybe if I play some music selections on my end from the Best of Yoko Ono it might push them to respond back quicker. Just a thought...😀

• Haha 2