My Cruise Wish List/What is your Cruise Wish List With HAL ?

mcrcruiser

I wish that HAL would have a  Alaska Cruise  round trip from San Diego  with cruise stops in Astoria Oregon .Seattle Washington  on the way up  & then Glacier Bay  ,Haines ,Sitka ,Juneau ,Ketchican & Victoria  & back to San Diego from  Victoria . If the line wanted to include Vancouver that would be fine as well 

My wish 

What is your wish ?

• Like 3

I’d love a round trip Greenland cruise from Boston that isn’t over two weeks. 

Maybe a round trip to the Azores from Boston or NYC as well. They have circle Hawaii cruises so why not circle Azores cruises?  

Also, if the Zaandam or Volendam can fit, I’d love a return of the Bermuda cruises that dock in Hamilton. 

• Like 11

I hope to complete one "wish list" cruise in April -- the cherry blossom voyage around Japan (28 days); it will be the longest cruise for me to date.

I also just booked a 14-day r/t Rotterdam on the Rotterdam that is basically a BTB visiting two different sets of Norwegian fjords in summer 2024.  Figured I'd better do it now with all the talk of limiting ships in the fjords, and it looks like a nice itinerary.

I'm not enticed much by cruises from the US but I would love a return to Cuba as well. I did one cruise (on Azamara) but would definitely go back again.

My bucket list isn't limited to HAL though. I have a Med cruise on Azamara that visits some Med ports that HAL ships no longer visit (e.g., small, off the beaten track) since Prinsendam left. And I am on Oceania for the first time for an Iceland/Greenland itinerary -- from everything I read, it is better to do these ports on a smaller ship given the stress on their infrastructure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChinaShrek said:

I know this will be political but I really miss the Cuba cruises. I did one on the Veendam with HAL and another one to Havana on Carnival. They were awesome! Cuba is so different than the other islands. 

I would love a return to Cuba as well. I went twice on NCL and would go again in a heartbeat. 

My wish is quite selfish and a little harder to fulfil.  I wish HAL would sail occasionally from one of the southern UK ports while still keeping the international mix of passengers which we so like.  (We live around 45 minutes' drive from Southampton and that would be ideal.)  Flying has become very tedious and not a little stressful with last minute cancellations and it would be great to be able to take it out of the equation once in a while.

• Like 1

Pickalily, Wilts - I hope that HAL will sail out of Southampton in the future. Back in 

the 1980s, I flew from Boston to London. I took the train to Southampton and 

boarded the QE2. One time the cruise went to the Norwegian Fjords and another 

time the cruise went to the Canary Islands. I enjoyed the QE2 very much and I

loved my time in England.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Pickalily, Wilts said:

My wish is quite selfish and a little harder to fulfil.  I wish HAL would sail occasionally from one of the southern UK ports while still keeping the international mix of passengers which we so like.  (We live around 45 minutes' drive from Southampton and that would be ideal.)  Flying has become very tedious and not a little stressful with last minute cancellations and it would be great to be able to take it out of the equation once in a while.

We did one of our best HAL cruises from Southampton in 2013 on the old Rotterdam - 88 days, with 14 of them around Indonesia and 6 in India. Suez Canal twice, Dubai, Petra, Luxor, Tunisia, Morocco and much more. Not a Grand Cruise and many sections were available. They ran that itinerary for 3 years.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Here is the itinerary 

iu.jpeg

They will bring this back in the next few years and it will sell out quickly. Need ports and things to get settled down. Always was a popular itinerary. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bostonjetset said:

I’d love a round trip Greenland cruise from Boston that isn’t over two weeks. 

Maybe a round trip to the Azores from Boston or NYC as well. They have circle Hawaii cruises so why not circle Azores cruises?  

Also, if the Zaandam or Volendam can fit, I’d love a return of the Bermuda cruises that dock in Hamilton. 

I agree on the round trip Greenland cruise from Boston. If CCL can do it in 14 days from Baltimore, there is no doubt that it can be done in even less time than that from Boston or even New York...The Azores are a very popular land destination so yes doing even a one off round trip would be nice...Forget Hamilton as most of the major lines ships including HAL's are really too large now to navigate through Two Rock Passage into the city. Sadly, the Zaandam and Volendam at 778ft are just 28ft too large for the docks there too.

• Like 1

We have travel and cruise wish lists, but no HAL wish lists.  When HAL can fulfill one of our "wishes" than we consider booking.  Otherwise, we book other cruise lines or simply fly to our desired destination and go off on our own.

#1 on our wish list has been to go to Antarctica (had to recently cancel that trip due to a medical issue) which cannot be done on HAL or other mass market lines.  We also wish that HAL had kept the Prinsendam, but that is a failed wish.

Hank

2 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

We have travel and cruise wish lists, but no HAL wish lists.  When HAL can fulfill one of our "wishes" than we consider booking.  Otherwise, we book other cruise lines or simply fly to our desired destination and go off on our own.

#1 on our wish list has been to go to Antarctica (had to recently cancel that trip due to a medical issue) which cannot be done on HAL or other mass market lines.  We also wish that HAL had kept the Prinsendam, but that is a failed wish.

Hank

Yes. Rumor was that HAL "suggested" we would have Zodiac boats on the Amsterdam for the 2020 GWC Antarctica portion, which enticed Captain Jonathan to not retire sooner. Of course HAL didn't come through. 

19 minutes ago, REOVA said:

Yes. Rumor was that HAL "suggested" we would have Zodiac boats on the Amsterdam for the 2020 GWC Antarctica portion, which enticed Captain Jonathan to not retire sooner. Of course HAL didn't come through. 

I think many HAL fans are smoking the funny weed when they talk about Antartica.  With the recent international treaties and agreements, no cruise ship can actually go to Antarctica unless they conform to "Polar 6" or better standards.  No HAL vessel meets that standard so their ability to even do "drive by" cruises are very limited to areas further north.  If you truly want to visit Antarctica and go ashore (which is generally done in Zodiacs) you will now need to take a so-called exploration ship such as the new Seabourn vessels (one sailing and a 2nd on the way),  some of the Hurtigruten vessels, Ponent's exploration ships, etc.    This is now the exclusive purview of the small (and expensive) exploration ship market.

Hank

I would like to see HAL start cruising out of Galveston.  This is a fast growing port with RCCL, Carnival, Princess, NCL, and Disney based there, or planned to be based there.  This would give a little variety from the standard Port Everglades departure for Caribbean/Yucatan Peninsula destinations.

Of course, a couple negatives of Galveston are the greater distance from Houston airports to Port Galveston than Fort Lauderdale or Miami to their ports and the greater likelihood of fog-related delays at Galveston.

• Like 1