Tipping after 360 dinner?

cms2001

There is one server for every two people.  They do such an outstanding job.  Near the end, they come to chat with each couple so found it a good time to tip.   Rafael and Magalena are amazing storytellers/tour guides---as if they are explaining everything for the first time.  As they would say, ENJOY!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, cms2001 said:

I have a question for people who have done the 360 Dining Experience. 

Did you tip after the dinner was done? 

If so how much for how many people?

Thanks

Nothing for any people.  Why double tip unless you have extra money with no better use.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Potstech said:

Why double tip unless you have extra money with no better use.

It's actually a triple tip. You tipped for the MDR dinner in your daily gratuity, then tipped a second time in the upcharge for the specialty restaurant and people want to tip a third time! It's out of hand already.

No I did not tip again after the 360 which was a delightful dinner by the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Currently on the Discovery Princess, the 360 is a complementary experience.  You have to be invited to attend so not sure how you’re ‘triple’ tipping?

I took a picture of my wait staff’s name tag.  She told me that the best thing to do was to mention the service and her in the post-cruise survey which I did.  I also gave a shut out to her and the other staff in the Crew Chat (violinist, wait staff, chef, MC).

Didn’t have any money on me at the time of the dinner but was able to slip a tip to her the next night.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, cms2001 said:

Thank You for your replies.

I always tip extra in a restaurant that provides more personal service.

So why did you need to pose a question if you already knew your answer. Just to start another tip thread?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

So why did you need to pose a question if you already knew your answer. Just to start another tip thread?

The OP’s question was “did YOU tip after the dinner was done?”  OP could not know the answer, so question was legit.  Kindness goes a long way.

Edited by Lady Arwen
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

This was my understanding...that it was "free" and invitation only.

I know one couple who tried to get a reservation and were told that it definitely was by invitation only.   Last week, there was even one 360 Experience at noon one day.   I thought it was because there was a special group onboard (rumor was safety officers?).   On another day, I also am aware that one couple left after the 3rd or 4th course, so the Experience is not for everyone.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bobbiegentry said:

Anyone displaying a Princess name tag that one encounters during the day, even that same person encountered multiple times during a given day, deserves some cash. 
Minimum of $10 is my default. 

Why as they are part of the tip pool already.  Love people who have too much money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bobbiegentry said:

Anyone displaying a Princess name tag that one encounters during the day, even that same person encountered multiple times during a given day, deserves some cash. 
Minimum of $10 is my default. 

I make a special point on the last couple of days to tip a couple of bucks to all that keep the restrooms clean and toilet paper and paper towels in that neat tri fold.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Wonder if they’re doing it yet on any other ship?

Eventually they're supposed to be doing it on the Enchanted. It's just a two ships that were mentioned that we'll be having it The Enchanted and Discovery