Fitness Center--Reservations necessary?

sharonann24

I was just scrolling through the Celebrity app and read that reservations are necessary for the fitness center on sea days? Is that correct?  We sail on the Edge next Monday and have four sea days.  I know that on other lines times on machines like the treadmill, elliptical and stair masters are limited to 30 minutes so I assumed this would be the case on Celebrity.  Also, I heard that there are some Peloton bikes that also must be reserved in advance due to the demand. Does the center provide the shoes, or can we bring our own?  

having trouble taking a screen shot, but when I go to the Fitness link on the app it has a section that says "Know before you go" Then, --please bring your Sea Pass.  Gym reservations are required on all sea days and port days."  I understand about the Peloton bikes (thanks by the way for the response for the shoes!) and classes, but not equipment.  Hoping we can get in!  Have to have some healthy activity! 

• Thanks 1

Just now, NutsAboutGolf said:

One side are cages and the other are clips

Ooh - that's nice.  Yeah, so if on a long cruise, and making sure you get a really solid ride it may be worth throwing in your cycling shoes.  If a short one, or you want to pack lighter you could just use regular tennis shoes.  It's nice they put those type of pedals.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sharonann24 said:

having trouble taking a screen shot, but when I go to the Fitness link on the app it has a section that says "Know before you go" Then, --please bring your Sea Pass.  Gym reservations are required on all sea days and port days."  I understand about the Peloton bikes (thanks by the way for the response for the shoes!) and classes, but not equipment.  Hoping we can get in!  Have to have some healthy activity! 

Sea and port days so literally every day…Things just went from bad to worse…guess they’re getting congested 

There's NO need for reservations to use the fitness center. That' the most ridiculous thing. I go to the gym every day, sometimes twice a day on every cruise I go on. Totally incorrect. Even pre-pandemic when the ships were full there were no reasons to make appointments. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Which ship?  Just wondering if it’s E-Class only 

The Eclipse which as I think about it is currently in Australia/New Zealand with a lot of covid protocols.  Could this be a covid protocol?  Although that wouldn't explain the Edge.

Edited by prmssk
  • Thanks 1

The statement is pretty specific, doesn’t seem to be a typo where it meant like a spin class.  It would make logical sense that if the fitness center is consistently becoming congested it would take the next logical step of requiring reservations.  The biggest negatives about cruising are passenger congestion and required reservations, wish they just made venues larger

3 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

The statement is pretty specific, doesn’t seem to be a typo where it meant like a spin class.  It would make logical sense that if the fitness center is consistently becoming congested it would take the next logical step of requiring reservations.  The biggest negatives about cruising are passenger congestion and required reservations, wish they just made venues larger

As I've said I was on the Edge for it's inaugural cruise in December 2018 and again in 2019 pre pandemic. The gym was NEVER, I repeat NEVER overcrowded to the extent that a reservation system was needed. 

Edited by kwokpot

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Sea and port days so literally every day…Things just went from bad to worse…guess they’re getting congested 

I don't get off ports anymore on Caribbean itineraries and can tell you on port days there's literally no one using in gym and I'll be there with 1 or 2 other employees. That would be the height of ridiculous on a port day to have an employee man the fitness center to manage the non-existent line into the gym. 

• Like 1

I was on the Edge in January. There were no reservations for the Peletons and if there were there was no one there to enforce a reservation. Two of the bikes were out of commission for the first few days and were brought back about midway through a 11 day cruise. Mornings were crowded but afternoons were empty with no wait for the Peleton.