Can we buy Plus onboard with OBC

Tedferg

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Can we buy Plus onboard with OBC Searched but did not find an answer.

Not directly, but you could buy the drink package, buy wifi, pay for gratuities, pay for exercise classes, and pay for the specialty deserts.  Kind of all the same although the cost will be variable based on the last 2 items and the overall cost will probably be more.

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Can we buy Plus onboard with OBC Searched but did not find an answer.

I'm going to try on my upcoming cruise on February 20.

From the FAQ: 

1. Can I purchase Princess Plus or Princess Premier when I’m on board?
    Yes. Princess Plus and Princess Premier will be available to purchase on board beginning with voyages sailing 2/20/23 and beyond. You may purchase a package on the first day of your voyage.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, billco said:

From the FAQ: 

Yes. Princess Plus and Princess Premier will be available to purchase on board beginning with voyages sailing 2/20/23 and beyond. You may purchase a package on the first day of your voyage.

Thank you, I thought I had heard that before. Nice advantage if you have a lot of OBC.

32 minutes ago, billco said:

From the FAQ: 

I hope you'll let us know how this works out for you.  I'm planning on doing the same thing on my cruise in June.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Pretty sure the answer to that question is "Yes". First day purchase only.

Agreed, Beverage package was for complete cruise, so no point in buying mid-cruise.

13 minutes ago, TN-Mountains said:

I called Princess and was told it would be the same price regardless of whether I added it today or onboard.  

Agreed, but being able to use OBC makes a big difference. Some people struggle to use up all their OBC.

3 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Agreed, Beverage package was for complete cruise, so no point in buying mid-cruise.

Agreed, but being able to use OBC makes a big difference. Some people struggle to use up all their OBC.

Yes, I too have lots of OBC I'm hoping to use towards the Princess Plus fare.  With any luck, in a few weeks @billcowill report back that using OBC to cover Princess Plus was easy peasy.  

Also, you specifically stated beverage package in this reply.  In your original posts you just mentioned "Plus" and I assumed you were talking about Princess Plus.  Is that right?  I ask because they also have a Plus Beverage Package, which costs more per person, but it is only a beverage package and doesn't include the wifi, crew appreciation, etc.  

3 hours ago, Tedferg said:

I guess the next question is, must it be on day one?

The longer you wait, the more it costs you.  If you buy it on Day 2, I am pretty sure it would cost the same (full price) and you will have missed a day of free drinks.  

15 hours ago, TN-Mountains said:

Also, you specifically stated beverage package in this reply.  In your original posts you just mentioned "Plus" and I assumed you were talking about Princess Plus. 

Yes Plus, I mentioned Bev Package in reference to having to buy the package for complete cruise.

• 5 months later...
10 minutes ago, canloan said:

Can anyone confirm whether OBC can be used to purchase the Princess Plus package within the first two days once you are on board?

Yes it can definitely be used on the first day of the cruise. I used OBC to purchase Premier while onboard Sky Princeess in June 2023.  I don't know about day 2.

• Like 1