Smoking on the baclony

2 hours ago, mil76 said:

So did we ever find out if RCCL will allow Australians with a prescription to vape in their stateroom?   I sure wouldn't want a ship to come Back in Black like that poor Princess ship.

or smoke on the water

2 hours ago, mil76 said:

So did we ever find out if RCCL will allow Australians with a prescription to vape in their stateroom?   I sure wouldn't want a ship to come Back in Black like that poor Princess ship.

Not that I have read, and I highly doubt that they will.  If they did, then why could not permit people who have been prescribed medical marijuana not be allowed to bring that aboard and smoke in the designated smoking areas?   

22 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Not that I have read, and I highly doubt that they will.  If they did, then why could not permit people who have been prescribed medical marijuana not be allowed to bring that aboard and smoke in the designated smoking areas?   

Who needs to smoke when there’s gummies….😁

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

maybe the will once it becomes legal on the federal level.

11 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I have heard those are illegal.  If not, imagine having the munchies with a buffet at your disposal!

This could be a problem for RCI as they try to reduce total food consumption and waste. Those gummies could bring down a food empire. Imagine legions of "gummy" eating zombies looking for munchies 24 hours a day, banging on the Windjammer doors and MDR outside of service hours.

Worse yet, an unknowing passenger has brought fresh "Twinkies" on board. (Zombieland) 😱

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, davekathy said:

Pat, I'm so stealing that term. 

Me too!  I was recently listening to a podcast where a woman told a story about a family in the dining room, grandparents, parents, a couple of older children and a 3ish year old.  The woman said that the 3 year old was standing in the upholstered chair banging two butter knives together saying loudly "Does anybody want to fight me?" repeatedly.  Nobody else at the table paid him any attention or tried to make him behave.  Sounds funny, not having been there, but I bet it was a nightmare to have to listen to that when you are trying to have a nice conversation.  

• Like 3

On 2/9/2023 at 9:21 AM, molsonschooner said:

I know and fully understand the policy and agree 100% with it. So, I am asking for a friend of my wifes, is smoking on the balcony allowed on other cruise lines. This person apparently was told by someone that it was ok to smoke on the balcony. 

Yes, there are other cruise lines that allow smoking on the balcony. I was shocked when we sailed on our first Costa cruise in 2019 - aft wrap suite on a transatlantic. Spending sea days on the massive balcony with a book, a glass of wine, and a cigarette was heaven. They provided wind-proof ashtrays, but I always used a water bottle filled with tap water to prevent any issues. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1