Don’t really understand move up

gizmodog

My cruise is in 14 days and I bid a couple months ago on a move up bid. Have heard nothing, yet in the app it still says pending.

do they just forget about the bids and not remove them? I’m assuming I did not get it since it’s so close to the cruise. 
what has been your outcomes with move up? Ever left just wondering?

A lot of the bids are not awarded until a day or 2 before sailing.

If you bid on a category that was sold out or nearly sold out then last minute cancellations are where possible move ups come from.

On the other hand if you are in a OV and there are lots of verandas open then move up bids will be accepted earlier than the last few days before sailing. 

10 minutes ago, NevadaCruiser2023 said:

What I don't' understand is that you don't get the perks of the upgraded category. You pay to "move up", so you should be truly moved up. 

Hopefully you are paying a discounted price.  That's the justification for no perks.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, NevadaCruiser2023 said:

What I don't' understand is that you don't get the perks of the upgraded category. You pay to "move up", so you should be truly moved up. 

You do get the amenities, if any.  For many it is an opportunity to get a larger or better cabin for less than paying to upgrade and there is no different in perks , eg inside to OV or OV to veranda, Sky Suite to  Celebrity Suite.

25 minutes ago, NevadaCruiser2023 said:

15 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Hopefully you are paying a discounted price.  That's the justification for no perks.

The real problem is X does throws ambiguous terms like "perks" and "amenities" and we hear again and again on here that even their call centers don't know what they are and seem to make up stuff...

Perks DO NOT CHANGE if your bid is accepted = Tips, Wifi and Drink package

Amenities = Retreat/Luminae for suites and Blu/Spa for AQ

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, NevadaCruiser2023 said:

You get all the amenities associated with the new cabin. (Everything that normally comes wit that cabin).  You do not get the AI perks if you had paid for a Cruise only rate for instance. You also get the CC points associated with your original booking.

Also you pay a significantly reduced rate for the Move Up.  

• Like 3

I really don’t know the answer but I did just watch a recent YouTube video specifically about move up bid on celebrity.  The person was very upset that they bid $1,200 per person ( if I remember correctly) for concierge class room which should have had drinks, wifi and tips..   they found out that the move up was only for the room and did not include drinks, wifi and tips.  I don’t know the room they had prior but do know that it did not include those items.  She was not a happy camper and I can’t say I blame her.   This was a fairly recent YouTube video.   

Edited by mosleyman
Add YouTube video
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, mosleyman said:

I really don’t know the answer but I did just watch a recent YouTube video specifically about move up bid on celebrity.  The person was very upset that they bid $1,200 per person ( if I remember correctly) for concierge class room which should have had drinks, wifi and tips..   they found out that the move up was only for the room and did not include drinks, wifi and tips.  I don’t know the room they had prior but do know that it did not include those items.  She was not a happy camper and I can’t say I blame her.   This was a fairly recent YouTube video

If one reads the Move Up Information it has always stated that the you retain the  perks of your original booking and that if the daily gratuity for the cabin Is more thd successful  bidder  will be charged the additional amount.

The person who bid thinking they would get the beverage pkg.

and wi-to didn’t bother to read the program info.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, mosleyman said:

I really don’t know the answer but I did just watch a recent YouTube video specifically about move up bid on celebrity.  The person was very upset that they bid $1,200 per person ( if I remember correctly) for concierge class room which should have had drinks, wifi and tips..   they found out that the move up was only for the room and did not include drinks, wifi and tips.  I don’t know the room they had prior but do know that it did not include those items.  She was not a happy camper and I can’t say I blame her.   This was a fairly recent YouTube video.   

She's one of billions who upload an "upset" video on youtube

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I didn’t hear her say concierge class. She clearly says a Sky Suite. She also says she had to fight to have it include retreat access and Luminae dining. 
I do think that is a super cute dress she is wearing!

Edited by sunviking90

MoveUp is handled by an outside company from X and they are not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I bid X$ for a MoveUp and when I received the Email that my Bid had been accepted the amount charged to my Credit Card was X$+ 350.00$ ? ? ?

A lot of phone calls to Celebrity until they Finally connected me to someone in the MoveUp department who said Yes the Person who did my MoveUp "Made a Mistake" and was trying to figure out How  to correct It!

A Month and a few mor phone calls and a refund for the overcharge appeared on my credit card account.

3 minutes ago, D. B. said:

MoveUp is handled by an outside company from X and they are not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I bid X$ for a MoveUp and when I received the Email that my Bid had been accepted the amount charged to my Credit Card was X$+ 350.00$ ? ? ?

A lot of phone calls to Celebrity until they Finally connected me to someone in the MoveUp department who said Yes the Person who did my MoveUp "Made a Mistake" and was trying to figure out How  to correct It!

A Month and a few mor phone calls and a refund for the overcharge appeared on my credit card account.

It actually looks like the same company that handles Princess upgrade bids.

14 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

You are correct.

My guess is someone thought up this program and has contracts with multiple cruise lines.

Thats probably why only the Cabin is upgraded and not the perks so the cruise line doesn't have to get involved in the process.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

3 minutes ago, D. B. said:

You are correct.

My guess is someone thought up this program and has contracts with multiple cruise lines.

Thats probably why only the Cabin is upgraded and not the perks so the cruise line doesn't have to get involved in the process.

www.PlusGrade.com, they handle 3rd party bidding for 59 companies, mostly travel

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NevadaCruiser2023 said:

Stateroom categories don't have perks. Perks are associated with your booking package (AI, NOPERKS, RETREAT, etc) which doesn't change when you move up.

Edited by RichYak
  • Haha 2

Your bid is active up until you cancel it or 48 hours before departure.   At 48 hour all bids that haven't been upgraded are cancelled and you will receive an e-mail.     My experience has been it is EXACTLY at 48 hours from departure time.

1 hour ago, mosleyman said:

She kept saying "I thought".  This is what happens when people do not do their research.  It's explained in the Move Up documentation that it only includes the amenities, not the perks.  Research, research, and more research, 

She did get access to a Butler, Luminae, and the Retreat, although earlier she says only the larger, nicer room. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

You do get the amenities, if any.  For many it is an opportunity to get a larger or better cabin for less than paying to upgrade and there is no different in perks , eg inside to OV or OV to veranda, Sky Suite to  Celebrity Suite.

I moved from OV to Family Veranda and was very happy with that.

• Like 1