Former Deck Plans

Keith1010

1 hour ago, Jinn said:

Keith---Will you please list some of the numbers for these cabins on 8 and 10?  Many thanks, Julia

Julia, my guess and you can have your TA confirm is that the following rooms would have tubs as I think they are not being redone and they had tubs before.

8016 thru 8019

8032 to 8035

8046 - 8049

8064, 8065

10032 - 10035

10076 10077

10084, 10085

10092 - 10095

Those are the standard rooms.

On top of it all of the former PH rooms and all of the former PS rooms would have tubs.

Keith

15 minutes ago, suzeluvscruz said:

10079 is also Classic - meaning it has a tub. My TA confirmed that.

Yes for sure. I did not list the specific PH's on Deck 10.  

There are something like 45+ former PH's on deck 10 that all have tub.

Keith

3 hours ago, hypercafe said:

I often wonder why only Keith knows these things. I wish Crystal would let us all in on this stuff. 

I learned about this from a fellow cruiser.

In short, all of the former PH, PS and CP suites were not redone .  Also as I posted earlier if you have visibility to the former deck plans and you overlay the newer ones you can tell which of the former rooms have not been redone and if they had tubs they still do.

At the same time a TA can simply check with Crystal to verify this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bayonejoe said:

Keith, just for clarification, I thought the old standard rooms had become the new standard rooms with showers instead of tub/ shower combo.

The best approach is to have your TA check with Crystal to see what the configuration is for each room. 

Keith

Keith I agree. Checking with  TA is important especially in this  early period of the NC.

However, if you look at the description of the standard suite. The floor plan and description of the room states a shower . If there are rooms with tubs they should be listed as classic. Less confusing that way. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bayonejoe said:

Keith I agree. Checking with  TA is important especially in this  early period of the NC.

However, if you look at the description of the standard suite. The floor plan and description of the room states a shower . If there are rooms with tubs they should be listed as classic. Less confusing that way. 

This is also my understanding regarding the standard suites/cabins on both ships.

Nancy

Edited by nancygp

2 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

The best approach is to have your TA check with Crystal to see what the configuration is for each room. 

Keith

Actually the best approach would be to color code the rooms on the deck plan and save themselves thousands or at least hundreds of calls from TAs!

• Like 1

Thank you, Keith.  I was going to call Crystal myself this afternoon but instead spent my time dealing with a tree which fell on my house.  Very high winds in Nashville.  BNA shut down for awhile.  Julia

6 hours ago, nancygp said:

This is also my understanding regarding the standard suites/cabins on both ships.

Nancy

Mine too, and that is definitely what the deck plans lead us to believe….🤔

Anne

• Like 1

6 hours ago, suzeluvscruz said:

Actually the best approach would be to color code the rooms on the deck plan and save themselves thousands or at least hundreds of calls from TAs!

Absolutely. I have said that ALL along.  I have said each room should be color coded so that it is clear.  But until they do this the best bet is to have the TA verify this.

Keith

7 hours ago, Jinn said:

Thank you, Keith.  I was going to call Crystal myself this afternoon but instead spent my time dealing with a tree which fell on my house.  Very high winds in Nashville.  BNA shut down for awhile.  Julia

Julia, first off so sorry about the tree falling on your house.

A few weeks ago we had a very bad ice storm and unlike two years earlier when we had the deep freeze with lower temperature and a mix of snow and ice this one had more ice and brought down trees on resident properties, in our common areas and lots of tree limbs. In some portions of the community it looked like a war zone.  They removed all of this although a lot hasn't been picked up yet so it is on the sides of roads and on resident lawns.  Anyway, in many parts of Texas we had the wind storm which you had an in our area with winds of 59 MPH it took down some additional trees and tree limbs which were weakened by the storm. I hope you didn't have damage to your home.

OK now back to this.  My apologies. Even though the writeup for the rooms that will remain on deck 8 and 9 as the standard room said no bathtub I thought it might not have been right for the ones that were in place before. I am wrong.  I have confirmed this.  So none of those standard rooms on decks 8 and 9 will have the combo bath.  On decks 10 and 11 the former PH and PS rooms are not changing (CP is not either) so they will still have the bath tubs.  Sorry for the confusion.  I am learning at the same time others are.

And yes, to anyone who thinks the deck plans should be color coded to show things like the traditional PH, PS rooms I have said this from the day that we realized that modifications weren't being made to some room categories not only here but to those who can make this change possible. It will cut down on confusion and reduce phone calls from TA's and customers to Customer Service.

I am ready for Spring.  We have one more cold front coming in about a week with cooler than normal temperature and wetter than normal.  The rain is great as we need it but this constant change from cool to warm to hot back to cool and warm and hot is getting tiresome.  

Keith 

5 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

I am ready for Spring.  We have one more cold front coming in about a week with cooler than normal temperature and wetter than normal.  The rain is great as we need it but this constant change from cool to warm to hot back to cool and warm and hot is getting tiresome.  

Keith 

I suspect all of North America is ready for Spring after this bizarre Winter! I am hearing from home that Toronto got whacked with 40 CM of heavy, wet snow overnight. That would be 16 inches for the non-metrically inclined!!!!

Edited by Roland4

On 3/4/2023 at 11:03 AM, KenzSailing said:

Spring?  We're coming off the third warmest "winter" in the DC area.  Daffodils are open, lots of trees are budding.  Officially so far we've received 0.5in of snow.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.

And our weather here in Fl is more like June weather. Too warm too soon

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, suzeluvscruz said:

Looks like there are  no more standard rooms on 8&9. All suites.

As I read the deck plan, there are at least a few standard size cabins on 7,8,9, and 10 on Serenity, and on 5,7,8, and 9 on Symphony.  It looks like only the top passenger cabin deck of each ship is 100% Suites.  What we don't know is whether all of the standard size cabins have had the bathtub removed, or only some of them.  If you take the current online cabin descriptions literally, none of the standard cabins will have bathtubs.  But the website is clearly a work in progress.

Edited by SusieQft
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, SusieQft said:

What about deck 7?

I've looked at the deck plan and to me on decks 7, 8, and 9 non of the standard and single rooms have a combo-bath and shower but rather a shower only on Serenity.

Major work is being done and they list this in the descriptions of having a shower so I am pretty much certain no combos.  

To know for sure I would recommend calling Crystal but I am almost certain that will be the answer.

Keith

I started a thread about Suite Confusion.
after analyzing and overlaying deck plans one can see that classic PH and PS and Seabreeze categories are unchanged however very little information or visuals of the new Suites where all the veranda cabins used to be

On 3/3/2023 at 9:43 PM, Keith1010 said:

I learned about this from a fellow cruiser.

In short, all of the former PH, PS and CP suites were not redone .  Also as I posted earlier if you have visibility to the former deck plans and you overlay the newer ones you can tell which of the former rooms have not been redone and if they had tubs they still do.

At the same time a TA can simply check with Crystal to verify this.

It's not that clear then and a bit confusing judging by the questions we see here.

9 hours ago, cruisun said:

I started a thread about Suite Confusion.
after analyzing and overlaying deck plans one can see that classic PH and PS and Seabreeze categories are unchanged however very little information or visuals of the new Suites where all the veranda cabins used to be

And there were some of us thinking that all of the ship was being refurbished and updated.

On 4/7/2023 at 5:30 AM, Keith1010 said:

I've looked at the deck plan and to me on decks 7, 8, and 9 non of the standard and single rooms have a combo-bath and shower but rather a shower only on Serenity.

Major work is being done and they list this in the descriptions of having a shower so I am pretty much certain no combos.  

To know for sure I would recommend calling Crystal but I am almost certain that will be the answer.

Keith

I think to know for sure we would have to have a tour when on one of the ships to see exactly what has and hasn't been done.

I'm not confident to rely on a sales rep/agent who also hasn't been on a ship yet.

We will know all when guests get on board and report back with the facts.

4 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

I'm not confident to rely on a sales rep/agent who also hasn't been on a ship yet.

How about putting your faith in a fellow guest who hasn’t been on the updated ships to try and interpret it for you in the interim? 😉