Dawn - La Dame and Silver Note

jssabs

13 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

Mrs Banjo and I have done this on occasion. 

Same here. But, don’t tell anyone.

4 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

One theoretical solution to a late dinner is to stay up late in the Panorama, dancing it off.

That’s what I do. Well, not the dancing part, of course. 😁

Edited by Stumblefoot
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Don’t ever go to Spain and try to eat in a good restaurant, first evening seating is 9:30+

Yes, I understand. I was in Barcelona last summer and was able to eat at the Rooftop Bar of the hotel and it was a "normal hour", (for me anyway).  I was at the Majestic and they had a nice menu out there😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, the hotels which cater largely for foreign tourists will generally have much earlier hours for lunch and particularly dinner (thank goodness).  If you like trying tapas you will find that available earlier in the evening, after which if you have not had too many you can go on to dine somewhere.  Though I would say 9 rather than 9.30, maybe.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2023 at 12:41 PM, Stumblefoot said:

I think you know you’ll be able to eat in SilverNote as often as you like once you get on board.

Not necessarily. Last year I was unable to get a reservation at Silver Note, although I had booked the cruise well in advance - and nothing opened up for me onboard.  Fortunately I was able to get in to enjoy the entertainment one evening after dinner at Atlantide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe they should limit the number of reservations any one cabin can make at any one restaurant (based on length of cruise) until a few days before the cruise.  That lets everyone have a shot and, then, if there are open slots close to sailing, people can book more nights.  It seems unfair that someone could book any restaurant every single night.  Hasn't affected us (we're happy with Atlantide) but it certainly is annoying to some.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, lincslady said:

Yes, the hotels which cater largely for foreign tourists will generally have much earlier hours for lunch and particularly dinner (thank goodness).  If you like trying tapas you will find that available earlier in the evening, after which if you have not had too many you can go on to dine somewhere.  Though I would say 9 rather than 9.30, maybe.

These are the perils of holidaying in a nation that takes an afternoon kip as a national sport. I’m sure if we in Wales had midday temperatures in the upper 30s we’d probably be the same. Fortunately it’s not an issue. As it is, we breakfast at 8, luncheon at 12 and dine around 7. I Can only imagine our chef suffering a coronary at the thought of a 9.30 table. 

• Like 1