Dawn - La Dame and Silver Note

jssabs

53 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

This should at least be a misdemeanor. Thought we might try La Dame on our cruise this July, but I just lost interest.

Geez….we had absolutely super service in La Dame on the Dawn just a couple of weeks ago.  Actually other than La Terrazza for breakfast and bar service at times around the pool the service was excellent.   

Edited by Randyk47
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Randyk47 said:

we had absolutely super service in La Dame on the Dawn

That's why we are gonna give them another chance.  We also had poor service in the Salt Restaurant one night early on as well, but returned several times and the service was great.  We just weren't prepared for it in La Dame. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2023 at 6:44 AM, sea bright said:

We've been on the Moon and Dawn multiple times since the re-start  and are now on the Muse. The La Dame and Silver Note menus have not changed (other than small substitutions for availability - eg side vegs) except when no escargot available, they substituted seared foie gras on the entree menu in La Dame.

On the Moon in Dec for 16 days.  LaDame and SilverNote menus did not change

On the Spirit we had a nice meal, can’t say it was $65 extra for what you got.  I guess it’s the limited number of tables.  One of the con’s for us, they had a few large tables—-which got pretty loud for a small size restaurant.  Also all jackets at the large tables came off as they got seated.

On 2/12/2023 at 12:00 PM, jssabs said:

We are taking our first SS cruise on the Dawn this summer. I'm trying to find more information on the La Dame and Silver Note restaurants.  Does anyone have a menu they can post?  I realize that food is subjective but I would be interested in hearing from anyone about the pros and cons of each restaurant and whether the added charge for La Dame is worth it.

We were on Dawn last month and did not book La Dame in advance; having decided to forgo the specialty meals.   Once on board we had a change of heart and got a waitlist reservation which indeed became available.  All I can say is "it was well worth it".  The food was great, the service was as one would have expected in a top restaurant. Top notch!  Zero cons imho & suggest you try it.   

• Like 2

On 2/17/2023 at 5:25 PM, Randyk47 said:

Geez….we had absolutely super service in La Dame on the Dawn just a couple of weeks ago.  Actually other than La Terrazza for breakfast and bar service at times around the pool the service was excellent.   

We were on Dawn last full week of Jan and La Dame was fantastic.  Service & food were great, it was not loud, and no one I saw took their jackets off.  Was a really nice experience.

• Thanks 1

On 2/17/2023 at 4:32 PM, QueSeraSera said:

This should at least be a misdemeanor. Thought we might try La Dame on our cruise this July, but I just lost interest.

Don't change your plans due to one persons (apparent) bad experience.  Our experience was great & we'll do it again.   Also sign up for a cooking class in S.A.L.T. - and take a glass of wine with you 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mitz18 said:

Don't change your plans due to one persons (apparent) bad experience. 

I completely agree.  I shared my bad experience to let others know the service at La Dame, or any of their restaurants for that matter, can be hit or miss.  Of the two visits to La Dame on our cruise - one was fantastic, the other was not.  Our bad experience didn't stop us from booking La Dame again on our upcoming trip.

• Like 1

For anyone who wants to go to Silver Note make your bookings early. We are 35 days from boarding the Silver Moon for 54 days of cruising. belated decided to try Silver Note. Only wait listed for the early session starting at 8 pm as we would be asleep if we started at 9pm. Could only wait list for 2 of the 54 nights.

Is La Dame really worth it?   We did SS last year and thought Atlantique was terrific.  We paid for the Japanese restaurant at dinner - it was ok but I wouldn’t do it again.  I just can’t see spending $120 extra for a meal  We don’t eat caviar or escargot.  Please tell me what makes it great (DH doesn’t drink alcohol, if that matters). BTW, I’m not arguing - just asking. 

2 hours ago, ggo85 said:

Is La Dame really worth it?   We did SS last year and thought Atlantique was terrific.  We paid for the Japanese restaurant at dinner - it was ok but I wouldn’t do it again.  I just can’t see spending $120 extra for a meal  We don’t eat caviar or escargot.  Please tell me what makes it great (DH doesn’t drink alcohol, if that matters). BTW, I’m not arguing - just asking. 

La Dame was one of the best meals we had on any cruise. Was well worth the $120. The food, the service, the presentation, the atmosphere. 

P.S. caviar you can get anywhere anytime on SS. Unlimited. La Dame is not about caviar. And we don't drink either. But the food is just delicious and the whole dinner is very special.

• Like 1

On the other hand we ate at La Dame on our last Dawn cruise and didn't think it worthwhile. The beef was worse than Atlantide,service slow and the new enlarged space does not feel intimate. We will try on one night on our upcoming Moon cruise but if that is much the same doubt we will ever do it again. We found the food in Atlantide was very good.

Also agree with you on Kaiseki. We ate there a lot but at lunch time where the food suited us better.

Currently on the Muse and, like our recent Dawn and Moon cruises, 8 pm reservations for Silver Note are a hot commodity.On our past 3 cruises, we signed up for 2 nights at Silver Note early seating in advance, but when we got on board we were allocated 9 pm for both reservations. Generally we were able to get one reservation moved to 8 pm, but often not the other. We've really enjoyed the food and atmosphere at Silver Note when we can get an early reservation.

10 hours ago, sea bright said:

Currently on the Muse and, like our recent Dawn and Moon cruises, 8 pm reservations for Silver Note are a hot commodity.On our past 3 cruises, we signed up for 2 nights at Silver Note early seating in advance, but when we got on board we were allocated 9 pm for both reservations. Generally we were able to get one reservation moved to 8 pm, but often not the other. We've really enjoyed the food and atmosphere at Silver Note when we can get an early reservation.

I guess I am in the minority about dinner timing......I love Silver Note but if they told me I could not till 9? There is no way I can eat that late😮.....8 is even later than I prefer.  Last cruise on Dawn I never ate at Silver Note but did stop by to see who was singing later in the evening.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Well, you are from Florida. 😉

Yes, yes I am LOL......but eating at 9 would be too late for me no matter where my residence would be.😀

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Yes, yes I am LOL......but eating at 9 would be too late for me no matter where my residence would be.😀

We are from Queensland Australia which is known for eating early for the evening meal. So if our waitlists are converted to 9pm start times we will not be going.

I was on the Dawn last week and everyone was complaining they could not get Silver Note reservations at all or at 8 p.m. We had booked online the day reservations were allowed for the 8 p.m. - 9 p.m. time slot for only one night. We were given 9 p.m. and that is too late for us to eat. We are early to bed and early to rise cruisers. We went to Guest Relations immediately and they sent a note to Silver Note. We checked with Guest Relations daily and they kept saying they had not heard back. The TV showed 9 p.m. Mid-way through the cruise, I filled out the questionnaire that I was upset about not being able to get my 9 p.m. move to 8 p.m. I mentioned we have an upcoming cruise on Muse and I really do not want to do like others and book multiple nights hoping for one 8 p.m. In 10 minutes, I received a call telling me it was moved. Someone from Silver Note came to our table that evening in SALT and apologized and told me they were looking forward to seeing us at 8 p.m. on the day we reserved months ago. They told me next time to come immediately to Silver Note and request the change. Do not go to Guest Relations. I do not know why Guest Relations didn’t tell us that on day #1. Well, now we know. Silversea needs to change reservations to 30 minute blocks and do what Crystal did for popular hard to get reservations. Limit to one per cruise online and then only allow more if everyone is on board and has had a chance to book. Our trivia team had couples who tried the whole cruise to get in Silver Note. They had asked their butler on the first day to make a reservation and all that happened was they were on a wait list and then “rejected.” They had cruise multiple times on Silversea and were shocked they could not get reservations on the ship. The cruise was outstanding except for the whole issue of getting to dine one time at Silver Note at 8 p.m. I have no idea why they do not start dining at 7 p.m. By the way, it was worth the hassle. We enjoyed the evening. I do think people reserve multiple times hoping for 8 p.m. and then cancel. The whole Silver Note reservation system online and on the ship needs to be redone. 

No way are we starting dinner at 8 pm no matter how great it might be.  7 pm is late for us.  Hard to eat a large meal so close in time to bedtime.  I don’t know why one of the venues can’t offer dinner earlier.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ggo85 said:

7 pm is late for us.  Hard to eat a large meal so close in time to bedtime.

Then don’t.  Nobody on SS will force you to eat a large dinner.  

I’ve sailed with lots of people who eat their large meal for lunch, or even breakfast, and just have a salad or soup for dinner. I even know one fella who only has dessert for dinner. 🥧🍰🍪

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Then don’t.  Nobody on SS will force you to eat a large dinner.  

I’ve sailed with lots of people who eat their large meal for lunch, or even breakfast, and just have a salad or soup for dinner. I even know one fella who only has dessert for dinner. 🥧🍰🍪

Mrs Banjo and I have done this on occasion.  image.thumb.jpeg.76ec25dd59e6afd6f4111e78faca4761.jpeg

• Like 5