Elite drinks

Steve H

3 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Firstly Azamara is not owned by Royal.  They were owned by Royal.

Secondly wether Celebrity 's benefits are better than worse than Royal is subjective.  No it is not, the benefits are much better for all levels including Pinnacle

For us as Elite+ Celebrity's benefits are better.  You don't understand Diamond Plus benefits.

240 minutes each internet is more flexible than Royals 24 hour blocks.  Diamond Plus get 48 hours (two days) so much better benefit on Royal. 

Unlimited speciality teas, coffees and chocolate in the Al Bacio are better than Royals "hit and miss" self serve latte in their lounge where we can only interact with other Diamond members. Can get coffee (Not in Starbucks), included in your "5" daily drink vouchers.

We don't drink alcohol so the free canned water (enough for the next day) during the Elite "free" drink period) plus  a juice or 2 to take to dinner is fine.  You get "5" included daily drinks at Royal, under $15 which includes non-alcohol drinks, including in Dining Rooms & Buffet.

Elite breakfast in Tuscan is superior to Royals in the Diamond Lounge.  Le Bistro on Apex was nice, however there was no lounge to talk with people and no Dinner appetizers or desert selection.

Laundry benefit is non existent on Royal. Diamond plus get Laundry.

It's all about choice. There is NO choice on Celebrity, while Royal gives Diamond Plus and Pinnacle, in cabin gift/soda (Emerald/Diamond), (Diamond Plus & Pinnacle) including wine, beer, cheese platers, fruit truffles, etc. Diamond & above get in cabin Canapés, and Chef's Choice deserts too! 

Your Cabin amenity list, offers better options, based on total cruise points, up to "3" choices per sailing. 

Diamond Plus beats Elite Plus hands down, as really Elite Plus has few benefits.

Pinnacle is superior in every way to Zenith, other than with the Comped Drink Package.  It however, does not include Suite Specialty Dining (Coastal Kitchen) which is included (currently, based on availability) on Royal ships that offer it.

So there you have it, Crown & Anchor is the Premier Loyalty Program in the industry.  Diamond & above C&A members kept the Line afloat.  Does Celebrity have the loyalty levels of Royal: based on the "1" Zenith on Apex, Christmas sailing 2022, I highly doubt it!

"Loyal to Royal" means something; whether you understand or not, this is the clear difference. 

Just now, the penguins said:
10 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

I am not sure what I said to deserve such a response.

We understand both programmes and are Diamond on Royal due to the number of cruises we have done with them not just because of our Celebrity status and are Elite+ on Celebrity.

I made it clear that "for us" the Celebrity benefits are better - that's what I mean by "choice".

You say you prefer 4 days unlimited internet  whereas for us (we normally do minimum 14 nights) this would leave us with no internet for 10 days. For the amount we use it our 240 X 2 minutes gives us internet every day - again "choice".

I see nothing in the Captain's Club benefits that matches our 2 bags per person of laundry plus some dry cleaning and pressing. 

The Azamara deal was part of the Sale Contract and it stopped on 1 February 2023.

Pick whichever deal suits you best, there is no right or wrong.

• Like 1

Celebrity's CC Elite internet minutes are better than RC CAS Diamond and Diamond Plus internet minutes. The difference is with Celebrity you are charged only when logged in.  With RC once you first log in the minutes are continuous so even when when you are logged out the clock is still ticking. The CAS program is a lot better for drinks. 

Edited by davekathy

Happy Hour 5-7 PM is part of the Captain's Club benefits if you are Elite and above.  Drink packages have nothing to do with the Captain's Club.  Actually once we became Elite we no longer paid for the drink package and adjusted when and what we drank and do save quite a bit of money. This probably is possible as we are older and no longer "party" as many do. 

On 2/17/2023 at 2:10 AM, gkbiiii said:

On Royal, we can have any drink through $14 we want.  That's 4-6 daily!

Life is about choices.  If the Royal  C & A drink benefit works better for you that’s  great.  

We do primarily longer cruises and B2Bs.  We have never used the HH benefits but for us the free internet minutes (240 each) and discount (35%) , the laundry benefits (2 bags each, 1 item dry cleaned each & 2 pressed items each) and priority tendering have value and are a factor in our decision of 

cruise lines.  
When we pick a cruise on Royal we know that the C & A benefits will be of little value to us and accept that is what Royal offers.

15 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Life is about choices.  If the Royal  C & A drink benefit works better for you that’s  great.  

We do primarily longer cruises and B2Bs.  We have never used the HH benefits but for us the free internet minutes (240 each) and discount (35%) , the laundry benefits (2 bags each, 1 item dry cleaned each & 2 pressed items each) and priority tendering have value and are a factor in our decision of 

cruise lines.  
When we pick a cruise on Royal we know that the C & A benefits will be of little value to us and accept that is what Royal offers.

Elite gets Priority Tendering?  If so, this is awesome news!

21 minutes ago, MCazer said:

Elite gets Priority Tendering?  If so, this is awesome news!

Nice when it's offered. No longer a guaranteed perk/benefit. Now it can change from voyage to voyage. We didn't get the priority tendering on our September 2022 NE/Canada cruise on the Summit. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

Good to know about 5 to 7 pm any bar! Wife used to hate going to elite lounge for drinks. RCL 4 drinks a day works great for us as she rarely has one and I usually don’t drink 8 drinks a day.  

The lack of live music and dancing opportunities on Celebrity has made us gravitate toward NCL and RCL more than Celebrity and I used to adore Celebrity and the service and food was top notch. Free laundry and dry cleaning are excellent perks too!

4 hours ago, dazey said:

Happy Hour 5-7 PM is part of the Captain's Club benefits if you are Elite and above.  Drink packages have nothing to do with the Captain's Club.  Actually once we became Elite we no longer paid for the drink package and adjusted when and what we drank and do save quite a bit of money. This probably is possible as we are older and no longer "party" as many do. 

I rarely take the AI. With Elite status and 35 points from plus the 5 to 7 HH are enough for me. Also don't drink the way I used to.  Better for my liver also.  

23 minutes ago, Joesantos said:

Good to know about 5 to 7 pm any bar!

Just to be clear on that, it's almost any bar.  I know the World Class Bar is out because they only serve premium liquor.  I believe Flying Carpet also is out. 

Some say the Martini Bar is out, but I've seen plenty of CC HH drinks slide over the Martini Bar--I believe you just need to be very clear that you want something from the CC HH menu.  It also could be a matter of what ship you are on.

40 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Nice when it's offered. No longer a guaranteed perk/benefit. Now it can change from voyage to voyage. We didn't get the priority tendering on our September 2022 NE/Canada cruise on the Summit. 

I think over the past 12 years we have only had a handful of tender ports where it wasn’t offered.   The 
It isn’t really advertised like it was when your cabin attendant would leave priority tender tickets in your cabin

5 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I think over the past 12 years we have only had a handful of tender ports where it wasn’t offered.   The 
It isn’t really advertised like it was when your cabin attendant would leave priority tender tickets in your cabin

We were surprised on our September cruise. First time for no tendering on any of our itineraries. I Emailed the executive office last week about a couple of concerns and received an email reply yesterday.  This is the reply. Cut from the Email.

Dear Mr...
I hope this email finds you and your family having a lovely ending to Monday.
As Adela is away from the office, I’ m please to have this opportunity to respond on her behalf. Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting this reply to you.
With reference to your question, please be advised that we will not be bringing back the Happy Hour at designated area. It will be available at bars/lounges throughout the ship from 5pm - 7pm daily (excluding embarkation) - Elite tendering is managed voyage by voyage.
I hope this answers your question. Enjoy your evening.
Sincerely,
Mathana

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

Just to be clear on that, it's almost any bar.  I know the World Class Bar is out because they only serve premium liquor.  I believe Flying Carpet also is out. 

Some say the Martini Bar is out, but I've seen plenty of CC HH drinks slide over the Martini Bar--I believe you just need to be very clear that you want something from the CC HH menu.  It also could be a matter of what ship you are on.

I was able to use my Elite HH benefits on the Magic Carpet. As far as the WCB is concerned their drinks are so good I just pay but usually its 1 per night. Shut up liver! 😆 🤣