Signs on a cabin door

doones2

I would like to know where to purchase the magnetic signs for our cabin door.  I am looking for something to do with my grandsons graduation from college.  I have no idea where to find them.

Edited by doones2

Not all cabin doors are magnetic…or enough that a magnet would hold.  Also, some lines require all decorations be fire retardant.  We have an office supply store in town that orders graduation signs for lawns.  Undoubtedly there are other types of decorations.  If you are in a college town, maybe a college bookstore would have decorations.  Or Walmart…

4 hours ago, doones2 said:

I would like to know where to purchase the magnetic signs for our cabin door.  I am looking for something to do with my grandsons graduation from college.  I have no idea where to find them.

Take a look at Favors by Serendipity. They have wonderful magnetic cruise cabin door signs that are 8 1/2" x 11" and can be personalized for any occasion.

Here are a few of their samples:

image.thumb.png.08db6e768e042ef9947e429528498215.png

image.thumb.png.59de0bd69e6898f93e2c342a2ec7ca7d.png

image.png.0194c3632bbea78835dc96512d399fb1.png

image.thumb.png.81b85d8f523d5cf5a5807efbfb5a410e.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, doones2 said:

Go to Amazon and search for refrigerator magnets with your grandson's college. 

We put these on our doors simply because we could recognize our cabins easily after an evening of drinking. We had state flags, college mascots, etc. 

They were business card sized so that they weren't garish, and had no personal information on them.

On 2/16/2023 at 7:33 PM, doones2 said:

Search on Etsy for ‘cruise door signs.’ Lots of creative options outside of a 8.5x11” sheet and they ship quickly. But if you’re creative and handy online, you could design your own on the Canva website using their flyer template. 

On 2/16/2023 at 7:34 PM, navybankerteacher said:

Make your own sign - buy some little magnets to hang it.

Yes, DIY is the way to go!  

Our artist daughter made us lovely goldfish -- just paint on a piece of poster board.  I asked her to keep them moderately small (so they'd fit into a small-sized manila envelope) and easy to transport.  She made us two kissing goldfish with several "bubbles" to float above them.  Once they were done /cut out, I ran them through my small laminator with (free) magnets from various pizza and dog grooming businesses on the back side.  Our goldfish store in the manila envelope, and the magnets are literally attached, so setting them up is quick and easy -- and no need to search for magnets each time.  

On 2/17/2023 at 5:28 PM, pdmlynek said:

... We put these on our doors simply because we could recognize our cabins easily after an evening of drinking ...

Definitely.  I particularly enjoy the door decorations when we're smack-dab in the middle of a long hallway.  Other people have told me, "I look for your goldfish, and I know I'm two doors down."  

3 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Definitely.  I particularly enjoy the door decorations when we're smack-dab in the middle of a long hallway.  Other people have told me, "I look for your goldfish, and I know I'm two doors down."  

I guess I have to 'fess up: I never bring door decorations myself, but I frequently use nearby staterooms' door decorations to help me navigate my way home

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

If you are good with some type of graphics program you can make your own and print them on magnetic sheets that go through any inkjet printer. Staples and Office sells a package of 8 1/2 X 11" magnetic sheets for about $15. Here is an example of one I did for an upcoming cruise for a cousin's 60th birthday. I found that when I did similar ones full size for a trip on the Oasis of the Seas they didn't stick to the doors as well as I would have liked because the cabin doors on the Oasis have wavy ridges in them. That is why for an upcoming cruise I am going to make them smaller and print 4 to a magnetic sheet. SmithCruise2024.jpg.cf19e0f6bba80db4721a5db5ebaf131f.jpg