LIVE Apex Suite Review 2/25-3/4: Love in the Time of Relaxed Luxury

GenerationX

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"WOW! Another from GenerationX! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

GenerationX was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Well hello fellow cruisers!

I didn’t expect to be back on a ship so soon after my Silhouette/Divina side by side last month.  However, I was completely at a loss for what to give my better half for a Valentine’s Day gift this year (and to celebrate him FINALLY following doctor’s orders and doing away with his asthma-aggravating cigarette smoking 20-year habit 🙌🏾) and the pricing and work schedule stars aligned, so in 4 days the hubs and I will be flying to Florida for a last minute booking 7 night Caribbean cruise on Apex!

Who’s up for another live review?

A quick about us:

I’m Charla and the man currently sitting on the couch going through the Celebrity app making a checklist of all the cocktails he plans to try onboard is Jeremy. 

We live about an hour south of St. Louis, MO on our small 12 acre hobby farm and enjoy hiking, kayaking, fishing and camping.

We cruise for the warm weather, good food I don’t have to cook, and as evidenced above, drinks and fun.

We’re both seasoned Celebrity cruisers and if my math is correct this cruise will bump us up into Elite Plus.  I’ve lost track of how many cruises post-shutdown this will be for me, but this will only be Jeremy’s second, after our Bermuda cruise last July on Summit.

This cruise will also be Jeremy’s first time sailing E-class and I’m anxious to see if he likes it as much as I do. 

For me, I’ve sailed on Edge and Beyond, but this will be my first time on Apex.  Actually, after this cruise, I will have officially sailed on every non-Galapagos ship in the current Celebrity fleet!

This cruise we’ll be sailing in a sky suite that I booked as a suite guarantee and received our cabin assignment for within 24 hours.

As mentioned above, my last cruise just last month was a (fantastic) solo yacht club sailing on MSC Divina (immediately after stepping off the Silhouette), so it will be interesting coming back to Celebrity and to the Retreat experience on a newer ship.

In the coming days I’ll do a a couple of posts with details on booking and our plans on shore and onboard.

As always if there’s anything in particular inquiring minds would like to know about, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Looking forward to taking everyone along on another cruising adventure!

69BC2BEF-BE36-4B22-ADD8-15C3C6DEE86E.thumb.jpeg.809325526c0bf4d273d50c938a12b045.jpeg

9E81BC5D-3B3E-4B62-892C-88BBEC4CC105.thumb.jpeg.f3c9dcb8560f61f791876b83ee1d04bf.jpeg

Edited by GenerationX
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 1

• GenerationX changed the title to LIVE Apex Suite Review 2/25-3/4: Love in the Time of Relaxed Luxury
19 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

If it’s not too late, change the title unless you are really disembarking on April 4!

Done! Such is the curse of chubby thumbs.  Although spending over a month cruising does sound like a dream come true!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, GenerationX said:

I’m Charla and the man currently sitting on the couch going through the Celebrity app making a checklist of all the cocktails he plans to try onboard is Jeremy. 

You nearly made me spit coffee😂 DH and I do the same thing. Even more fun is finding bartenders you like and asking them to make an off menu cocktail (you’ll need to know the ingredients) or create a new cocktail. We do this only when it isn’t busy. The Eden bar staff was lovely when we were aboard Apex in December. If Nitish and Jade are still there, please tell them Michelle and Alan say hi. 

I am looking forward to another of your wonderful live reviews. I’m sure you and Jeremy will have a wonderful time!

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

Yippee! 
I will be over on the Azamara board doing a live from 2/25-3/7, but will check in here to keep up with your travels. Happy sailing!

Erin

Oh I’ll have to pop over and follow your Azamara live!  I’ve been meaning to start reading up on the line as we start looking at trying a smaller higher end cruise line.

Have a wonderful cruise!

• Thanks 1

Charla

Welcome back.   I'm in need of a Jeremy and Charla adventure.

Our next cruise is on Apex, so will be following along and picking up all your pointers.   I hear that Nina, Hotel Director has come aboard.   She is FANTASTIC. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, asnaleah said:

Yippee! 
I will be over on the Azamara board doing a live from 2/25-3/7, but will check in here to keep up with your travels. Happy sailing!

Erin

Erin -  Post a link.   Really want to learn more about Azamara.   Looked and you haven't yet fired up your Live Post there. 

• Like 2

Congratulations on him kicking the habit.   Years ago the joke was they listed the smokers who quit the habit every day in the newspaper in alphabetical order.   It was the obituaries 

We bought our house in 1969.  Our neighbors were chain smokers. We didn’t have AC and not too many had it.  We would have our windows open in the summer and  their smoke would pour out of their windows into our house.   It looked like their house was on fire.   They eventually ended up with oxygen tanks but still smoked and coughed.   Both died before being 65.  

Today I can always tell a smoker when driving.  They have their window cracked open.   If they like the smoke that much why do they want it to escape?  

It isn’t an easy habit to quit.  Everyone has a vice, caffeine , sugar, alcohol and etc.    

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1