No more omelette tickets in the buffet

Torfamm

14 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I'm not sure which buffet you went to but the Enchanted is still using the ticket system right now. You can have the waiter get it for you or wait for it to be cooked.  Unless you're there at peak times, they're pretty fast at making them.

I was given a number in World Fresh Marketplace yesterday. No tickets. I didn’t have breakfast today so maybe they went back to tickets this morning if you got one.

52 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

I was given a number in World Fresh Marketplace yesterday. No tickets. I didn’t have breakfast today so maybe they went back to tickets this morning if you got one.

They must have run of tickets when you arrived. You must have hit at a peak time.

We arrived at 10:15.

21 hours ago, wowzz said:

So stand around doing nothing for 10 minutes, rather than enjoying your coffee !

OR, as @Torfamm has mentioned several times, order your omelet, take your time getting the rest of the breakfast and then circle back to pick up your omelet. Much the same as a waiter circling back to grab your omelet and bring it to you. I 1000% agree with Torfamm's method and it's the one I use on most ships because since the restart you have a 50/50 chance of the omelet being delivered to you and if it is delivered, it may or may not be hot.

You're welcome to sit and enjoy your coffee and wait. Some of the rest of us have a different method that works brilliantly for us. When you've done this one or 100 times, you develop a sixth sense to know when to head back to the omelet station and then you have all of your food at the same time to enjoy. With my coffee. 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

OR, as @Torfamm has mentioned several times, order your omelet, take your time getting the rest of the breakfast and then circle back to pick up your omelet. Much the same as a waiter circling back to grab your omelet and bring it to you. I 1000% agree with Torfamm's method and it's the one I use on most ships because since the restart you have a 50/50 chance of the omelet being delivered to you and if it is delivered, it may or may not be hot.

You're welcome to sit and enjoy your coffee and wait. Some of the rest of us have a different method that works brilliantly for us. When you've done this one or 100 times, you develop a sixth sense to know when to head back to the omelet station and then you have all of your food at the same time to enjoy. With my coffee. 🙂

Who'd have thought this subject would generate so many responses !

I guess we all have our own techniques,  and do what we are most comfortable  with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Who'd have thought this subject would generate so many responses !

I guess we all have our own techniques,  and do what we are most comfortable  with.

Isn't it great that we can think for ourselves and decide which we prefer.  Of course,  we have to follow whatever the ship's policy is for the day as it seems to be a changing process.   

• Like 3

Just now, stevenr597 said:

Best think is to have your omelet in the main dining room.  Served as you like it, together with your meal and it is hot. 

Unfortunately the MDR is usually shut by the time we are ready for breakfast !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevenr597 said:

Best think is to have your omelet in the main dining room.  Served as you like it, together with your meal and it is hot. 

I agree. The MDR is a much better choice if you have time for table service.

3 hours ago, stevenr597 said:

The only thing is, that at the buffet you can get exactly what you want rather than ordering it only to find out it's not what you expected.  Just having to send the asst. waiter for a replacement sometimes can take 5 minutes and by that time I'm finished. 

5 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

The only thing is, that at the buffet you can get exactly what you want rather than ordering it only to find out it's not what you expected.  Just having to send the asst. waiter for a replacement sometimes can take 5 minutes and by that time I'm finished. 

Totally agree (hard to get someone to understand what "well done hard" should be) plus the dining time is much too long to start off the day.

5 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Totally agree (hard to get someone to understand what "well done hard" should be) plus the dining time is much too long to start off the day.

We've done breakfast in the DR many times but unless having food served is important,  we feel it's a waste of my morning. There are better things to do on a cruise ship.... like reserving a deck chair. 😆

• Like 2

On 2/24/2023 at 2:58 PM, coo359a2 said:

Certainly, love the buffet. 

Hunt for a table, need a member of the family to "guard it" to prevent it from being taken.  Waiting in line for the Omelet, then having to search for the potatoes and bacon, and  don't forget, the rolls which are in another area of the buffet.  Then getting back to the table, usually food is half cold, and then having your spouse leave to get her dishes.  

OMG...forgot the orange juice and coffee.  Look for a waiter, who brings the beverages.

Then waiting for my spouse or my children to return with their food.  

.....and.  worrying about if anybody used their hands to touch the food.  

Love that about cruising. 🤣

1 hour ago, stevenr597 said:

Certainly, love the buffet. 

Hunt for a table, need a member of the family to "guard it" to prevent it from being taken.  Waiting in line for the Omelet, then having to search for the potatoes and bacon, and  don't forget, the rolls which are in another area of the buffet.  Then getting back to the table, usually food is half cold, and then having your spouse leave to get her dishes.  

OMG...forgot the orange juice and coffee.  Look for a waiter, who brings the beverages.

Then waiting for my spouse or my children to return with their food.  

.....and.  worrying about if anybody used their hands to touch the food.  

Love that about cruising. 🤣

OMG - what a job you have.  No kids here.  With the ticket on your table system, DH stands in line for his Americano while I get my diet Coke at the outside bar, order our omelets, get both our bacon and hashbrowns and find a table near where DH is getting his Americano.  I usually get to the table first.  Then have to wait for the waiter to pick up our omelet tickets while watching the bacon and hashbrowns get cold.  OJ and water is brought to us by a waiter. That's how it has been since we started back in Oct 2021.  On the Regal 19 March and Sky in June so will see how omelets work on those 2 ships. Even when cold, I sure enjoy the breakfasts.

Strange, no one has ever stolen our table while we get our hot food. We just love the ticket system and can then select exactly what we want, not having to rely on waiter to make that choice for us. Plus it gives the option of viewing many items before hand.

In the dr it can take sometimes 10 minutes to get something additional. 

• Like 1

Once we had put our belongings on a vacant table only to return with food and seeing someone sitting there who had moved our stuff out of their way.  Claimed they were told to sit there by staff.  After that we left one of our party sitting there as it is much harder to move a person than belongings.  

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Strange, no one has ever stolen our table while we get our hot food

How does someone know it is "your" table,  if you both go to get food. 

We go singly to the buffet, so as to keep "our" table.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2023 at 12:07 AM, wowzz said:

Personally, I sit and relax with a nice cup of tea whilst my omlette is cooked, and when it is delivered I nip up to the buffet and put anything else I need on to a seperate plate and return to my table. Simple and relaxing.

Except for on our last cruise the waiter took my ticket and never returned with the omelet.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

We set an orange cone on the table we want and never have a problem with it or the table being stolen.

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Sorry,  I forgot to mention that I always carry a shoulder bag for my water and cell phone. I place it on the table in plane sight. 

Only once has anyone moved it 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Strange, no one has ever stolen our table while we get our hot food. We just love the ticket system and can then select exactly what we want, not having to rely on waiter to make that choice for us. Plus it gives the option of viewing many items before hand.

In the dr it can take sometimes 10 minutes to get something additional. 

I don't believe that one should try to" reserve tables" by leaving belongs on the table.  Sort of reminds me of reserving lounges near the pool. 

22 hours ago, satxdiver said:

Once we had put our belongings on a vacant table only to return with food and seeing someone sitting there who had moved our stuff out of their way.  Claimed they were told to sit there by staff.  After that we left one of our party sitting there as it is much harder to move a person than belongings.  

Should one reserve tables by leaving "belongs" while they get food.  Then again, should one reserve a pool lounge by leaving belongs, and should one then reserve seats in the theatre. 

I for one have and would never do this. 

35 minutes ago, stevenr597 said:

Should one reserve tables by leaving "belongs" while they get food.  Then again, should one reserve a pool lounge by leaving belongs, and should one then reserve seats in the theatre. 

I for one have and would never do this. 

Without trays there is no easy way to serve yourself everything and carry it to a table at once for many people. I usually put drinks down first, then get food.