Caribbean Cruise - Port or Starboard?

jimb98

Cruising from Barbados next January, visiting St Vincent, St. Lucia, Guadeloupe, Tobago and Grenada

Any suggestions on whether it’d be best for a balcony cabin on port or starboard, taking into account weather, views etc?

Can’t get an Aft so need advice on which side is best.?

Thanks, I accept most of the cruising will be at night. Our sea day will be from Guadeloupe to Tobago so any thoughts on which route it would take (obviously other than South) so that we’d get the sun on the balcony and do we sail close enough to the islands to actually see them en-route?

25 minutes ago, jimb98 said:

Thanks, I accept most of the cruising will be at night. Our sea day will be from Guadeloupe to Tobago so any thoughts on which route it would take (obviously other than South) so that we’d get the sun on the balcony and do we sail close enough to the islands to actually see them en-route?

While at sea you are rarely close enough to land to be able to see much more than a lump on the horizon a few mikes off - yes, you “see” the islands but not well enough to recognize anything.

46 minutes ago, jimb98 said:

I suspect the route will be to the east of the string of islands,  but not close enough to see much.

• Like 1