Diamond Lounge and Concierge Questions

danny8826

1 hour ago, danny8826 said:

Hello,

On our last cruise on the Jewel, we reach Diamond status.  We actually didn't know about the Diamond Lounge until one of the couples we met onboard told us about it.  We have a few questions.

1.  Are we able to access the Diamond Lounge at any time with our sea pass card?

2.  What can the concierge in the Diamond Lounge help us with?  I am visually impaired. I usually talk to guess service to request for front row seating due to my tunnel and low vision.  Will the Diamond concierge able to help with this arrangement?

3.  We also understand that we will receive 3 or 4 drink vouchers?  Are those already in our Sea Pass card or are they physical paper voucher that we will receive once onbaord?

Thank you and appreciate your time to help us answer these questions.

1-yes

2-the concierge likely cannot help you with specific theater seating. Seating generally opens about 30 minutes prior to the show.  You may enter them to try to get a seat close to the stage. The concierge can help you with issues that so that you won’t have to visit guest services, such as getting a new sea pass card. 
3-all the benefits, including the drink vouchers are loaded on the sea pass account. 

On the cruise after you become diamond, you should receive a letter in your state room that explains all of your benefits, and information about the lounge. Be sure to read it. If your vision will not allow you to do so , please ask someone to read it to you so that you are aware of the benefits for Diamond members. 

Enjoy your Diamond benefits. 
m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, teddie said:

Recently off the Anthem and our first time sailing as a Diamond.  We didn't visit the Diamond Lounge until later in the cruise, and wished we had frequented it more, especially for the breakfast, and some quiet time.  The concierge was welcoming and seemed to know all the passengers by name.

The voucher process was so easy.  I would order my drink and make a quick comment to please use the Diamond voucher.  The receipt reflected how many you had used and have left for the day.  I gave $1-2 cash when I ordered the drink.  All the staff were friendly and fine with it. At the end of the day, we used any leftover drinks for bottled water.  We are not big drinkers, but we saved alot of $$ using the vouchers.

Teddie

Thank you.  We are not big drinker. We like a drink or two at most a day.  We like specialty coffee more and from what I read, I can get those at the DL.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tokidoki said:

New to diamond and I am a big water drinker, but can I order a drink and then ask for a water with it?  Is water, bottle or however it’s sold a separate charge or free?  Thx

Easy to use the voucher for bottled water at any bar, snack bar, or food/beverage venue.

teddie

Edited by teddie

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

1-yes

2-the concierge likely cannot help you with specific theater seating. Seating generally opens about 30 mi utes prior to the show.  You may enter them to try to get a seat close to the stage. The concierge can help you with issues that so that you won’t have to visit guest services, such as getting a new sea pass card. 
3-all the benefits, including the drink vouchers are loaded on the sea pass account. 

On the cruise after you become diamond, you should receive a letter in your state room that explains all of your benefits, and information about the lounge. Be sure to read it. If your vision will not allow you to do so , please ask someone to read it for you.  

Enjoy your Diamond benefits. 
m

Thank you for the info.

I have many times go to the Guest Services to request for front row seat and it has always been reserved.  I will continue to do that then.  I will not trouble the concierge with that issue. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, danny8826 said:

Thank you.  We are not big drinker. We like a drink or two at most a day.  We like specialty coffee more and from what I read, I can get those at the DL.

Yes--you don't need to use the voucher for any of the D lounge coffees though.  That is available there 24 hours a day. My husband does not drink alcohol at all, and if I have 2 drinks per day, that's alot.  So he used it at the Cafe Patisserie on the Anthem for a Cafe Americano, or for water bottles at the end of the day for leftover vouchers. You can't use it at the freestanding Starbucks counter though.  Also he used his voucher for a milkshake at Johnny Rockets.

Teddie

Edited by teddie
  • Like 1

Thank you.  We will definitely enjoy this.  We'll be on a 14 nights Transatlantic Cruise.  

Make sure to use them for the highest value drinks.  If you are buying a Frappe at the coffee bar tell them to not use the diamond voucher and to charge you for it save the vouchers for the higher dollar drinks like wine and cocktails.

My stand procedure is to pay for Beer and use vouchers on cocktails.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tokidoki said:

Thx! On the Royal blog, I was surprised when he recommended that if someone ordered a drink to get a water too, but it seemed like it was free?  

I think he might have been referring to when you have the DBP and not the Diamond vouchers.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, danny8826 said:

Thank you for the info.

I have many times go to the Guest Services to request for front row seat and it has always been reserved.  I will continue to do that then.  I will not trouble the concierge with that issue. 

Glad you are able to be accommodated. 

m

• Like 1

Hello,

On our last cruise on the Jewel, we reach Diamond status.  We actually didn't know about the Diamond Lounge until one of the couples we met onboard told us about it.  We have a few questions.

2.  What can the concierge in the Diamond Lounge help us with?  I am visually impaired. I usually talk to guess service to request for front row seating due to my tunnel and low vision.  Will the Diamond concierge able to help with this arrangement?

The concierge is a member of the Guest Service Team...and yes, the concierge can assist you. 

* We met the first and only legally blind Cruise Director (Steve Kinsley) on the Quantum of the Seas last year. I am also visually impaired...but you'll always find me seating in the very back of the balcony, last row...I just listen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teddie said:

Yes--you don't need to use the voucher for any of the D lounge coffees though.  That is available there 24 hours a day. My husband does not drink alcohol at all, and if I have 2 drinks per day, that's alot.  So he used it at the Cafe Patisserie on the Anthem for a Cafe Americano, or for water bottles at the end of the day for leftover vouchers. You can't use it at the freestanding Starbucks counter though.  Also he used his voucher for a milkshake at Johnny Rockets.

Teddie

Thank you Teddie for the info.  1 drinks is more than enough for me.  My travel companion doesn't drink any alcohol just like your husband.  We both like smoothies and non alcoholic drinks like pina colada. 

Edited by danny8826
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rusty_lock said:

Make sure to use them for the highest value drinks.  If you are buying a Frappe at the coffee bar tell them to not use the diamond voucher and to charge you for it save the vouchers for the higher dollar drinks like wine and cocktails.

My stand procedure is to pay for Beer and use vouchers on cocktails.

Thank you.

You can also share vouchers, so if you are inclined, you may use them for others. My daughters enjoyed this perk.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bonsai3s said:

The concierge is a member of the Guest Service Team...and yes, the concierge can assist you. 

* We met the first and only legally blind Cruise Director (Steve Kinsley) on the Quantum of the Seas last year. I am also visually impaired...but you'll always find me seating in the very back of the balcony, last row...I just listen.

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Glad you are able to be accommodated. 

m

Thank you.  That's good to know.

I have the most horrible experience on the Ovation of the Seas for my Alaska Cruise.  Although I am visually impaired and I read menu or anything else about an inch away from my face.

Some guests were not happy that I was accommodate to seat in the front row and they report to guest services and it was escalated to the hotel manager.  

OMG, he wanted to meet me.  I guess they complaint and I don't blame them because I am also carrying a camera to take picture so they figure if you are visually impaired, how can you see to take pictures.  There is even guests who stop my travel companion and question my disability.  

Anyway, I did meet the hotel manager.  One look at me, and he said, I am so so so sorry. I don't know what these people are complaining about.  Just look at your eyes and they can see right away.  He said if any guests give you a hard time again, please come directly to me and I will straighten them out.  

On certain events that I didn't attend, I went to meet my travel companion there and the hotel manager saw me.  He literately walk me back to my cabin if I can't find my travel companion.  

My eyes defects is from birth.  Although I was told I take great pictures, I see through the lens different perspective then other do.  There are some really not nice people out there.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, tokidoki said:

Thx! On the Royal blog, I was surprised when he recommended that if someone ordered a drink to get a water too, but it seemed like it was free?  

I believe the person advising to get a bottled water when ordering a drink had the alcohol beverage package.  It is no charge to them, but being Diamond, it counts as one of your 4 drinks.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, danny8826 said:

Thank you.  That's good to know.

I have the most horrible experience on the Ovation of the Seas for my Alaska Cruise.  Although I am visually impaired and I read menu or anything else about an inch away from my face.

Some guests were not happy that I was accommodate to seat in the front row and they report to guest services and it was escalated to the hotel manager.  

OMG, he wanted to meet me.  I guess they complaint and I don't blame them because I am also carrying a camera to take picture so they figure if you are visually impaired, how can you see to take pictures.  There is even guests who stop my travel companion and question my disability.  

Anyway, I did meet the hotel manager.  One look at me, and he said, I am so so so sorry. I don't know what these people are complaining about.  Just look at your eyes and they can see right away.  He said if any guests give you a hard time again, please come directly to me and I will straighten them out.  

On certain events that I didn't attend, I went to meet my travel companion there and the hotel manager saw me.  He literately walk me back to my cabin if I can't find my travel companion.  

My eyes defects is from birth.  Although I was told I take great pictures, I see through the lens different perspective then other do.  There are some really not nice people out there.

What an unfortunate incident!  People need more empathy and less rush to judgement.  I am so glad the hotel manager came through for you.  Wishing you a lovely cruise!

Teddie

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, teddie said:

What an unfortunate incident!  People need more empathy and less rush to judgement.  I am so glad the hotel manager came through for you.  Wishing you a lovely cruise!

Teddie

Thank you Teddie.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, danny8826 said:

Thank you.  Is the 4 vouchers per day or per cruise?

Per day, per Diamond member. All Diamond perks/benefits are per person. You will receive a detailed letter in your cabin from the LA and DLC listing all your perks/benefits. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Crazy how times (and numbers of top tiers) change.  On our Serenade to Alaska in 2009, more often than not my mom and dad and my wife and I (and a few other couples here and there) were at times the only people in the Concierge Lounge throughout the evening.

Use to only drive to Cruise Ports and one Benefits of then Top Tier Diamond was first on/off ship. Me and my young Kids would always be in first 10 off Ship and in my Car before any other Groups were called. Now, travel SOLO, dont schedule Flights until 1-2pm so I'm one last 10 Walking off. Took my Father in Law once in 90's and all Wheel Chair passengers then were first off. All 8 Wheelchairs off at same time, down the ramp and wheeled us straight to my Car, No Customs on shore to deal with then, was done on the ship. Back then in 80-90's Miami I could toss a Coin from Ships Open Deck and hit my Car, this when were able Park that close

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tokidoki said:

Vlog was about the diamond vouchers.

4 hours ago, Rusty_lock said:

Hmm that's odd. Matt would know that that is just a poor use of your vouchers.  You just aren't getting value at that point.  Very strange advise indeed.

Easy enough to get a free glass of water, with or without an alcoholic drink, at any bar.

Bottled water should cost a voucher but we find that variable.

17 hours ago, danny8826 said:

Thank you.  Is the 4 vouchers per day or per cruise?

Thank you.  Do you mean specialty coffee?

Thank you.  Is it 4 vouchers per day or per cruise?

Thank you.  On our next cruise, we will be on the Odyssey of the Seas doing the Transatlantic crossing and definitely hope to enjoy the DL a bit more. 

Four vouchers per day per Diamond Member.  Does not roll over to next day.  

• Like 1