Trans Atlantic Covid testing

Cruisechick59

That’s pretty much it.

Testing Requirements

Pre-Arrival Covid-19 Testing

All guests ages 2 and older must present a digital or physical copy of a negative COVID-19 test result at check-in to board their sailing.  

Guests must present a negative antigen test result taken within 2 days prior to sailing and no more than 2 days before their sailing.

Accepted tests are PCR or antigen tests taken in person, supervised virtually, or unsupervised self-administered. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results, a clear photo of your self-test result, or your actual self-test in hand.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/transatlantic-travel-requirements

1 hour ago, Cruisechick59 said:

Super confused by Celebrity acceptance of Covid tests. Do I understand it to be correct that you can just take a pic of your self administered test results?

Technically yes it is supposed to be YOUR test results. it’s the honor system.

10 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I can send you my results today and you’ll be fine 

I’m sure you’re just joking, but the sad thing is some people will lie and board while positive. Medical care for a severe case will be very limited mid-Atlantic, I truly hope people will be ethical and respectful towards others health and not board when positive. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, DebInAntigua said:

I’m sure you’re just joking, but the sad thing is some people will lie and board while positive. Medical care for a severe case will be very limited mid-Atlantic, I truly hope people will be ethical and respectful towards others health and  board when positive. 

From everything that I have seen on the Rotterdam for the last 30 days, there’s nothing to suggest that Covid is any different that what you would encounter on land.  The currentCo vid variant is nothing like the variant seen in 2019.  Just view Covid as another c,d, go put and enjoy your life 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

From everything that I have seen on the Rotterdam for the last 30 days, there’s nothing to suggest that Covid is any different that what you would encounter on land.  The currentCo vid variant is nothing like the variant seen in 2019.  Just view Covid as another c,d, go put and enjoy your life 

I am on board now. Enquired about testing on the October 22 sailing on the Silhouette. The sales person told me only the April Transatlantics. Anyone have personal experience with the fall Transatlantics? I really don’t want to get stranded in London with no air back!

18 minutes ago, cruising teacher said:

I am on board now. Enquired about testing on the October 22 sailing on the Silhouette. The sales person told me only the April Transatlantics. Anyone have personal experience with the fall Transatlantics? I really don’t want to get stranded in London with no air back!

Really , you worried about the falls TAs now 🙄

I have done Fall TAs and it is a fun time if you cruise with chilled people 😁

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

5 hours ago, cruising teacher said:

We had to test last Oct/Nov.  Actually, since we were on a b2b, we had to test ourselves and onboard.  We both got Covid on TA, but it was a five-day sentence and medical was great onboard for my DH; I had no symptoms.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Thanks 1

My laboratory background jumps in my head when I see the possibility of taking my actual test with me.  First, the appearance of the test can be altered by prolonged time after the end of the testing and carrying around a biohazard sample is also not the best idea (inside a sealed plastic bag does negate that part).  If someone cares they can cheat the system with the photo.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

My laboratory background jumps in my head when I see the possibility of taking my actual test with me.  First, the appearance of the test can be altered by prolonged time after the end of the testing and carrying around a biohazard sample is also not the best idea (inside a sealed plastic bag does negate that part

Which is why taking a photo of the test result seems the best way to go. 

24 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

If someone cares they can cheat the system with the photo.

For whatever reason, Celebrity has chosen an honor system. 

20 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

My laboratory background jumps in my head when I see the possibility of taking my actual test with me.  First, the appearance of the test can be altered by prolonged time after the end of the testing and carrying around a biohazard sample is also not the best idea (inside a sealed plastic bag does negate that part).  If someone cares they can cheat the system with the photo.

Sbb - Found a test stick of mine with a negative result from last December.   Added a couple drops of H2O and it looked the same to me 2 months later.  A person doesn't  need a photo to cheat as there is no real system as we all know.

Wondering how a test stick that shows negative would really be a biohazard.

FYI - today they expanded the transatlantic and transpacific cruises that require testing so double check the website if you may be sailing on one. As an example the May 9 Eclipse from Honolulu to Vancouver was added. 

12 hours ago, prmssk said:

FYI - today they expanded the transatlantic and transpacific cruises that require testing so double check the website if you may be sailing on one. As an example the May 9 Eclipse from Honolulu to Vancouver was added. 

Does anyone have any idea if this a a U.S. or Canadian requirement?

On 2/23/2023 at 10:12 PM, Ipeeinthepools said:

I can send you my results today and you’ll be fine 

I tested positive 2 days after returning home from my Princess cruise February 4th.  Slight sore throat lasted less than 2 days.  Those damn Princess people. 😆 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bigbeergut said:

Does anyone have any idea if this a a U.S. or Canadian requirement?

It is a Celebrity Requirement.

For some sailing it is also a country requirement e.g. Australia, New Zealand and Tahiti

Edited by Jim_Iain

11 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

What difference does that make ? 
is testing need for any Alaska or Pacific coastal course that begins or ends in Canada or USA .

Curiosity?  I’m surprised that Celebrity would have a testing requirement that wasn’t a government mandate.

On 2/24/2023 at 1:26 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Sbb - Found a test stick of mine with a negative result from last December.   Added a couple drops of H2O and it looked the same to me 2 months later.  A person doesn't  need a photo to cheat as there is no real system as we all know.

Wondering how a test stick that shows negative would really be a biohazard.

Old habits - anything with a bodily fluid which might transmit any disease is considered a biohazard.