CEO & Capt Kate Alaska June 23

BridgeMates

3 hours ago, BridgeMates said:

This should be a good one to book.....I'll bet the food will be excellent on this cruise. 

Wait....will she even eat in the MDR?

I'd be even more shocked if she sets foot in the OVC for dinner.

2 hours ago, lovecruzin said:

Which ship? 

Solstice -> President’s Cruise: Captain’s Club | Celebrity Cruises

• Haha 1

I bet there won't be (m)any cutback on this sailing or she'll get an earful, and it's almost impossible to avoid the "common folk" on a Solstice Class cruise ship.

I'm not interested in this cruise, but I hope they whip the Solstice into good shape ahead of it (I'm sailing a few weeks prior). Maybe after it's done with the Mexico turns, they'll give the ship some TLC.

3 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

I bet there won't be (m)any cutback on this sailing or she'll get an earful, and it's almost impossible to avoid the "common folk" on a Solstice Class cruise ship.

I'm not interested in this cruise, but I hope they whip the Solstice into good shape ahead of it (I'm sailing a few weeks prior). Maybe after it's done with the Mexico turns, they'll give the ship some TLC.

We were on Eclipse a few years ago the week before the CEO was boarding. Whilst we are aware that servicing on a ship is ongoing (areas cordoned off for painting) it was really noticeable on our cruise, painting everywhere!

We always joke in the UK that the Queen thought the world smelled of new paint as invariably everywhere she visited it had just been ‘done up’. I wonder if Lisa thinks the same?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Maybe the two of them can visit my former room on the Solstice.  Worn carpeting and holes in the sofa.  The wooden frame around the closet bottom was broken.  

The big question is whether Lisa will actually stay aboard the entire cruise.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, keesar said:

The big question is whether Lisa will actually stay aboard the entire cruise.

It's her family vacation so why wouldn't she.   The we will be presented with a webinar on what a good time they had vs any real information on the destination.

13 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

It's her family vacation so why wouldn't she.   The we will be presented with a webinar on what a good time they had vs any real information on the destination.

I’ll take the PUP points……

mac_tlc

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lola2013 said:

I’ve run into Captain Kate eating with several of her staff in OVC.  I would be surprised if LLP mingled with passengers (aka common folk).

I would bet that the OVC dinner selections will be all of a sudden plentiful and expanded with LLP on board!

• Like 2

Last night, I received an email from Celebrity regarding the President's cruise to Alaska on Solstice with Captain Kate.  Then, this morning I received another email from them about Celebrity Edge.  It literally looks like an email from when Edge first came out.  The subject line says, "The Magic Carpet:  A 90-ton platform that levitates up and down our ship."  It goes on to say, "Meet Captain Kate..."  Is she moving back to the Edge?

2 hours ago, spammie said:

We did a "Presidents" cruise one time.  We were in a Suite on the Equinox so we ate in Luminae.  Lisa and her entourage had their own special section in the back of Luminae and ate there.  

Every night?  IMO, she really should eat at least several nights in the MDR.  

• Haha 1

I actually talked to LLP (in M club)before she became CEO, it was when the first news of E class ships came out.  She seemed to really know what she was talking about.  I came away thinking, wow, in a lot of ways.  Anyway, in other news I posted a picture of her 'house' on here but the post got removed very quickly.  That place is truly amazing. 

Edited by rmalbers

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Every night?  IMO, she really should eat at least several nights in the MDR.  

To fairly test her claim of being the "food" cruise line - on board in disguise and eat at MDR and OVC.  That is the only way to experience what the vast majority of cruisers have available in Food service.

I wonder if when she makes a purchase in the shops she will be told they no longer provide bags! I spent $100 and was told I coould BUY a mesh type bag for $1.99 . This is all in the name of the enviroment but I can visualize the bean counters coming up with this new way to save $$$. I think the  high end shops still put purchases in a bag. The rest of us look like we just left a yard sale with our items! 😊👚

7 hours ago, read2learn said:

I wonder if when she makes a purchase in the shops she will be told they no longer provide bags! I spent $100 and was told I coould BUY a mesh type bag for $1.99 . This is all in the name of the enviroment but I can visualize the bean counters coming up with this new way to save $$$. I think the  high end shops still put purchases in a bag. The rest of us look like we just left a yard sale with our items! 😊👚

What are you talking about?  We've been on three cruises in the last four months.  Not once have I been told they no longer provide bags!

18 hours ago, read2learn said:

We have to purchase and provide our own bags in the grocery store now.

19 hours ago, rmalbers said:

I actually talked to LLP (in M club)before she became CEO, it was when the first news of E class ships came out.  She seemed to really know what she was talking about.  I came away thinking, wow, in a lot of ways.  Anyway, in other news I posted a picture of her 'house' on here but the post got removed very quickly.  That place is truly amazing. 

Privacy rules.

19 hours ago, SbbquilterUT said:

To fairly test her claim of being the "food" cruise line - on board in disguise and eat at MDR and OVC.  That is the only way to experience what the vast majority of cruisers have available in Food service.

She does not need to be in disguise.  That would defeat the purpose.

I don't mind paying for a grocery bag to reduce the use of plastic.

11 hours ago, MandL said:

What are you talking about?  We've been on three cruises in the last four months.  Not once have I been told they no longer provide bags!

I was on the Silhouette in Nov and Equinpx in Dec and bags were provided. I was on the Equinox 2 weeks ago and no bags. This was a 10 day cruise and no bags the entire cruise. It was not that they "ran out" but they don't have them any longer. Maybe when the supplies run out on other ships they will all revert to purchasing the $1.99 bag that is about the same size as the tote bag in the cabins.I wouldn't mind bringing the tote if I had been forwarned. The staff ringing us up looked uncomfortable having to tell people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1