Ft. Lauderdale hotel options MUST HAVE SHUTTLE--HELP!!!

lmwilken

My parents, myself, and my 1 year old daughter will be traveling on Celebrity Reflection on 12-23-23. 

My parents are elderly (76 and 80) and we need a hotel that has a shuttle that will pick us up at the airport, bring us to the hotel to spend the night and then bring us to the ship the following morning. What do you all recommend? Thanks!!!

FLL hotel shuttles are horrible.  Last couple of times it's been over an hour for pickup after making multiple calls to the hotel.   You are better off with a taxi or Uber.  You would probably want UberXL for 4 of you with luggage.  Taxi is probably the easiest as both hotel shuttles and Uber (or Lyft) require you to walk past the end of the terminal to the pickup island.

Most hotels contract shuttles to the port and charge ~ $8 pp.  Again much easier and cheaper for 4 people to use taxi or Uber/Lyft to the port.

• Like 2

considering you are travelling with a 1 year old and your parents, I would recommend a private transfer.  We ve waited an hour for hotel shuttle in the past, and post covid, many are not providing a free shuttle.   A private company will keep in touch with you and provide a vehicle accordingly.   We watched an uber driver pick up 3 ladies - he had a very small car which meant luggage had to sit on their lap

If you are still looking for shuttles - and realize that they charge per person not per vehicle like a taxi, Uber or Lyft so your costs for 4 or 5 (depending if they include the baby) could be significant - check out the Fort Lauderdale tourism website:  https://www.visitlauderdale.com/places-to-stay/hotels/

Filter by Shuttle Service Airport and Shuttle Service Port.

Hyatt Place just off 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale offers a hotel shuttle from FLL to their hotel for $5.00 per room reservation not pp. We have extended family that have used their shuttle (used to be $2.00) and their pick up was quick and easy. They also offer a shuttle from their hotel to Port Everglades based on pp fee. I believe these larger shuttles the hotel uses doesn't require a carseat, but do check directly with the hotel for this info.

FYI...This hotel is a favorite of ours and can be booked directly with their website using membership or you can also get great rates booking them with ValueTrips.

You can always opt for a private shuttle and one that we've had great service with (that provided a carseat) was South Florida Shuttles.

Enjoy your cruise.

8 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

A little reading around the board would reveal common recommendations to check www.sunny.org, a listing of a hotels in Ft Lauderdale,  including their amenities,  like shuttles.

Just an FYI to all:  www.sunny.org is now the site I mentioned above:  www.visitlauderdale.com.  It is an automatic redirect.  Maybe the powers that be thought sunny.org was too obtuse.

• Like 1

OP, given all your concerns, I would investigate using a cruise ship's pre-cruise hotel package that also includes transportation to the hotel and to the ship.  Yes, it will be more expensive but most of your travel issues will be taken care of.  Keep in mind that you are arriving at the beginning of Christmas break and to put it mildly, the airport arrivals area will be bedlam. The ship's representative will be at the baggage claim and will be able to assist you.  I would not rely on a hotel's shuttle.

Hyatt Place Convention Center shuttle from the airport can be hit or miss.  Last month it was a mess, as I called the hotel number to be picked up, and it gave an automated response to call the shuttle directly at a specific number.  Called that number and was then redirected back to the hotel number!  Circle around deal!

I finally called the hotel and got through to the front desk, explained the situation and they told me that the shuttle was almost at the airport on his hourly run, so I needed to hurry to the pickup point (a ways away).  We just made it in time to catch the unmarked van.  They do need to clean up this service.