Boarding day suite lunch

annenic

Never had a bad lunch in Luminae.    Service can be slow in all restaurants on the first day as waiters and passengers get to know each other.   I don't particularly care as I'm not doing anything except unpacking.

Lobster Rolls, like other food, is subjective.  It is warm water lobster, the rolls aren't like those you would get in Maine and the portion is relatively small.  If not full order a second or a second entree.   You will not starve for sure.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sgtjjmayle said:

Is this the same lunch for concierge class rooms, or just the suites? Does anyone know where the concierge class lunch is if not in Luminae? First time on X and want to make day 1 as smooth as possible! Thanks!

No the concierge lunch is not in Luminae.  The last time we sailed Concierge class, this was 7 years ago, it was in the Main Dining Room. 

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Never had a bad lunch in Luminae.    Service can be slow in all restaurants on the first day as waiters and passengers get to know each other.   I don't particularly care as I'm not doing anything except unpacking.

Lobster Rolls, like other food, is subjective.  It is warm water lobster, the rolls aren't like those you would get in Maine and the portion is relatively small.  If not full order a second or a second entree.   You will not starve for sure.

I agree 100%.  We enjoy lunch in Luminae and look forward to it every sailing. 

I enjoy the lobster roll as a salad, and they generally give you more of it than when served in the bun, and I like to pair it with either the New York Steak Frites or the Luminae Burger for a "surf and turf."  I see that as a great start to any cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I enjoy the lobster roll as a salad, and they generally give you more of it than when served in the bun, and I like to pair it with either the New York Steak Frites or the Luminae Burger for a "surf and turf."  I see that as a great start to any cruise. 

I don't like a lot of mayo which is why I've never ordered it.  How was the mayo?  a lot or just enough?

22 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I don't like a lot of mayo which is why I've never ordered it.  How was the mayo?  a lot or just enough?

I have always thought it was just enough but I grew up eating mayo and tomato sandwiches when I was too lazy or we ran out of bacon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The good news is the basket of fries was hot and salty.  Yum.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, marieps said:

True, but New Englanders will not recognize it as a traditional lobster roll.

That's for sure. 

When in College I use to work at a Lobster Restaurant.   I can't even guess how many lobsters I would kill daily.   Lobster Rolls would always be a mixture of Claw and Tail.  You could usually get 5 rolls out of a 1 1/2 pound lobster.    Also loved the butter toasted buns.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

That's for sure. 

When in College I use to work at a Lobster Restaurant.   I can't even guess how many lobsters I would kill daily.   Lobster Rolls would always be a mixture of Claw and Tail.  You could usually get 5 rolls out of a 1 1/2 pound lobster.    Also loved the butter toasted buns.  

I sooo miss the split-top buns of my youth in NH.  And those red hot dogs.  Where did you go to school?  DW & I are BU grads.

Edited by marieps

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Jim_lain, you are so correct about no bad lunch in Luminae and about ordering seconds if the first course is insufficient!  I must confess though (maybe I am oblivious to my surroundings or simply delighted that I can avoid unpacking for a little longer 🙂) that I did not generally find Luminae as chaotic as some folks have described. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

Jim_lain, you are so correct about no bad lunch in Luminae and about ordering seconds if the first course is insufficient!  I must confess though (maybe I am oblivious to my surroundings or simply delighted that I can avoid unpacking for a little longer 🙂) that I did not generally find Luminae as chaotic as some folks have described. 

I had never had a bad lunch there until my last cruise on beyond had to send a couple things back including Cobb salad . I think the service in E class lacking a bit , looking forward to royal suite in summit, flying to Florida in two weeks . 

• Like 1

Yes!  It is enjoyable to have a sit down lunch on embarkation day.

I would suggest boarding as early as you can, go to your cabin to get your SeaPass, fall in love with your cabin and then go to Luminae.  We did that (with a detour to our Muster Station before Luminae but crew members weren't there yet even though they were supposed to be so we went back after lunch).  We arrived to Luminae and sat right away before it got crowded.  

Then you can go explore the ship, explore your cabin...etc...whatever makes you happy. 😃

🍹

• Like 1