Finding things to do while in port

tvo7

I will be heading on Adventure soon and I want to try to stay on the  ship 5 days and never get off once in port.

I really don't care for excursions since I have done majority of them.

Has anyone done a whole cruise without getting off the boat?  

Are there any activities to do onboard  while everyone is off the boat during port days?

Yes, we have done cruises without getting off at the ports. There are limited activities during the days in port, so plan to sleep in as late as possible. Then take over the pool, spa, buffet, open bar, or Diamond lounge and treat the ship like you own it. The peons will be streaming aboard soon enough. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, tvo7 said:

I will be heading on Adventure soon and I want to try to stay on the  ship 5 days and never get off once in port.

I really don't care for excursions since I have done majority of them.

Has anyone done a whole cruise without getting off the boat?  

Are there any activities to do onboard  while everyone is off the boat during port days?

We have not left the ship on port days since before covid. After 50 cruises we have seen all the ports. B3B in January... look over the side. Take a pix, but find a shady spot on deck and read. Restaurants are open. Bars are open. What more do you need?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Last cruise on Quantum they held several trivia sessions on port days in the Schooner bar.

Agree...Our most recent cruises on all 5 RCI ships there was trivia in the Schooner bar on port days.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Because, that's what I prefer to do !!!

What's your reason for the need to ask ?

I did not realize you were saying that's what you would do. I thought you were saying the OP should. When the ship is empty walking on deck is easy. So no need to go into terminal.

15 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Yes

Wow, thank you. I always thought most activities resumed after peeps started returning to ship. But, as I said earlier, we spend the days reading on deck and enjoying the quiet time.  I will be sure to do more wandering to check things out on our next cruises.

So I can plan trivia, rock climbing, pools and slides all to myself.  I won't use the 50% off spa services.  Are specialty restaurants open and giving good deals on port days?

Just now, tvo7 said:

So I can plan trivia, rock climbing, pools and slides all to myself.  I won't use the 50% off spa services.  Are specialty restaurants open and giving good deals on port days?

Specialty restaurants usually not open on a port day for lunch.  In our experience, only open on sea days.  Occasionally, Sabor might open mid afternoon.  Have seen that.   Johnny Rockets also.

3 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Wow, thank you. I always thought most activities resumed after peeps started returning to ship. But, as I said earlier, we spend the days reading on deck and enjoying the quiet time.  I will be sure to do more wandering to check things out on our next cruises.

I am on the Anthem.  Today we were at CocoCay. Gangway was down shortly after 8 a.m. All aboard was at 5 p.m.

There was trivia at 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, 3:00, 4:15, & 5:00. 

• Thanks 1

The only reason I would play trivia while the ship is in port is so I have a  better chance of winning a keychain.  

We have been in and on many Caribbean ports but usually it is several years for a repeat.  I don't do excursions at these ports.  However, I do like getting off, walking around and stopping in a nice pub while watching people go by.  I find the ship while in a port to be quite boring.