Dropping off carry-on

Being an avid Celebrity cruiser. We were able to board the ship, go to our room to pick up our sea pass cards and drop of our carry-on luggage

We are taking our 1st cruise on Royal in a week. My question is , does royal have the same policy?

If you have meds and important docs ( like passports ) in your carryon you may want to hang onto them and wait until your room becomes available.

I personally would not separate myself from my carryon.

• Like 7

We never carry anything but my purse with drugs and jewelry and his backpack with laptop/camera, we check everything else and we've been able to limit it to 2 carry ons for every cruise. Some times Hubs will carry the 2 wine bottles. We travel light.  Just waltz on, easy peasy.

• Like 1

We carry everything on, and just schedule our boarding time to be close to 1pm so that we can directly go to our rooms. Easy. 

After rushing to get on a few times, the fascination was lost vs the time it took for the luggage to be delivered and to unpack later in the day. 

18 minutes ago, Orange jeep said:

We always do a carry on and just try and drop off bags if it looks like our room is done.

There's a reason the fire doors are closed until the general announcement is made that the cabins are ready. 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Orange jeep said:

We always do a carry on and just try and drop off bags if it looks like our room is done.

That would require you to open the fire door and be in the hall when you are not supposed to. Don't be one of those self-important entitled people. 

Please, unless you have the Key, keep your carry-on stuff with you until the announcement is made that room access is ready.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, loman said:

If you have meds and important docs ( like passports ) in your carryon you may want to hang onto them and wait until your room becomes available.

I personally would not separate myself from my carryon.

Agree. I carry a medium size back pack and my wife a purse with personal items in them. Easy to schlep around until the cabins are ready. But we do like how Celebrity handles it much better. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dkksk said:

Being an avid Celebrity cruiser. We were able to board the ship, go to our room to pick up our sea pass cards and drop of our carry-on luggage

We are taking our 1st cruise on Royal in a week. My question is , does royal have the same policy?

Yes, if you board after the time at which they open the rooms.

4 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Yes, if you board after the time at which they open the rooms.

That's basically what @Biker19 said in the very first reply, but I think his response is more accurate.

In general, no, you can not just go directly to your room. However, that is dependent on when you board. 

If you board before the room ready announcement, then no, you can't.

If you board after the room ready announcement, then I guess you can answer 'yes you can'. But again, that's only after the announcement, which, like @Biker19 pointed out, is usually about 1:00 PM.

35 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree. I carry a medium size back pack and my wife a purse with personal items in them. Easy to schlep around until the cabins are ready. But we do like how Celebrity handles it much better. 

That's not a purse...that is the "black hole".  😄 

Your bro is still enjoying his new wheeled carry on.  Though TAD is still our favorite day (which is today!) ...no longingly looking for luggage to arrive on those days.  Ahhh...beer and wine on the balcony before the masses invade!  😉 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

That's basically what @Biker19 said in the very first reply, but I think his response is more accurate.

In general, no, you can not just go directly to your room. However, that is dependent on when you board. 

If you board before the room ready announcement, then no, you can't.

If you board after the room ready announcement, then I guess you can answer 'yes you can'. But again, that's only after the announcement, which, like @Biker19 pointed out, is usually about 1:00 PM.

2:00 pm here on Jewel today.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

That's not a purse...that is the "black hole".  😄 

Your bro is still enjoying his new wheeled carry on.  Though TAD is still our favorite day (which is today!) ...no longingly looking for luggage to arrive on those days.  Ahhh...beer and wine on the balcony before the masses invade!  😉 

I don't even ask. 🤣

Agree about TAD. Cheers. 🍷

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I don't even ask. 🤣

Agree about TAD. Cheers. 🍷

You were needed on the docks today.  Saw the porters dump an entire luggage cart full of luggage all over the concrete.  Some that were less than strong suitcases broke open...clothes everywhere.  😮   They were trying to stuff what they could back into the suitcases, that I am guessing they hoped that they belonged to.  Then using tape, and plastic wrap to secure them again.  

Yikes!  Can you imagine Kathy finding a strange pair of boxer shorts in with her dainties?  😛

They really needed Dave and his famous duck tape to the rescue down there!  

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, alfaeric said:

We carry everything on, and just schedule our boarding time to be close to 1pm so that we can directly go to our rooms. Easy. 

After rushing to get on a few times, the fascination was lost vs the time it took for the luggage to be delivered and to unpack later in the day. 

We like to do the same on Royal cruises.  Never can understand the need to get that 11am boarding time to wander around with carryon.  Of course understand if you have to get out of a hotel, or whatever but I'd rather get a late departure from the hotel and relax.  I really don't understand the people who drive to the port and have to get that early boarding.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

We like to do the same on Royal cruises.  Never can understand the need to get that 11am boarding time to wander around with carryon.  Of course understand if you have to get out of a hotel, or whatever but I'd rather get a late departure from the hotel and relax.  I really don't understand the people who drive to the port and have to get that early boarding.  

I drive early to the port to drop luggage off and be able to find an "inside the garage" parking spot.  If at favorite T#1 at PC, we drop the checked bags, park leaving the carry on bags in the vehicle, then walk over to Grills for Bloody Marys.  Saunter back over, grab the carry on bags and walk onto the ship.  

Works for us.  😉  Especially since we only do B2B or longer cruises.  Want to be sure my little SUV is snug as a bug in a covered spot.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

I drive early to the port to drop luggage off and be able to find an "inside the garage" parking spot.  If at favorite T#1 at PC, we drop the checked bags, park leaving the carry on bags in the vehicle, then walk over to Grills for Bloody Marys.  Saunter back over, grab the carry on bags and walk onto the ship.  

Works for us.  😉  Especially since we only do B2B or longer cruises.  Want to be sure my little SUV is snug as a bug in a covered spot.  

If I drove to a port, I'd do the same.  I feel like a street person dragging my stuff all over the ship.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

2:00 pm here on Jewel today.  

For me probably well over half time it's 1:30 or 2pm. Seems to always be week they are doing extra cleaning, replacing few hundred mattresses or Balcony Furniture. As most my Cruises are other legs in B2B's no waiting for me those weeks. Last yr was strating 4th leg of B4B, was a 5nite which havent done these in 22yrs. Had many passengers decided to carry on all their luggage only to be stuck dragging it around until after 2pm when rooms were ready

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Saw the porters dump an entire luggage cart full of luggage all over the concrete. 

I once witnessed one of those loaders run right over someone's pink suitcase from the Promenade on Voyager.  He didn't stop either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jean87510 said:

If I drove to a port, I'd do the same.  I feel like a street person dragging my stuff all over the ship.

You are a very fortunate street person then. I draw the line sitting on the floor with a sign and a cup for handouts. 🤪

4 hours ago, island lady said:

You were needed on the docks today.  Saw the porters dump an entire luggage cart full of luggage all over the concrete.  Some that were less than strong suitcases broke open...clothes everywhere.  😮   They were trying to stuff what they could back into the suitcases, that I am guessing they hoped that they belonged to.  Then using tape, and plastic wrap to secure them again.  

Yikes!  Can you imagine Kathy finding a strange pair of boxer shorts in with her dainties?  😛

They really needed Dave and his famous duck tape to the rescue down there!  

Another missed opportunity. 😁

• Like 1