Dress code released for new Crystal

Stickman1990

Dress code released - this from the FAQ on the website 

Always a controversial topic and no doubt it will continue to be - interestingly jeans are allowed - with a jacket required for men - but not for women? 🫢🤷

Pleased to see formal is optional  

WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE ON BOARD?

At Crystal, we want guests to feel confident and relaxed throughout their stay, so we have put together the following guide to the different dress codes in place on board. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us by calling 1.888.616.7956 or +1.786.464.4420.

Day Casual
A less formal look allowing guests to feel comfortable during the day, Day Casual attire may be worn everywhere, including our restaurants, until 18:00.

Suggestions for a Day Casual look:

Women
Sundresses
Elegant shorts
Jeans
T-shirts or blouses
Linen clothing
Swimsuits with cover-ups (when not poolside)

Men
Shorts
Jeans
T-shirts or polo shirts
Linen clothing
Swim shorts with T-shirt or polo (when not poolside)
NOTE: Swimwear on its own, wet swimwear, revealing clothing, bathrobes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and clothes bearing any offensive messaging are not permitted. Covered swimsuits may only be worn at Trident Grill, Tastes, and Marketplace.

Evening Resort
A step up from Day Casual, after 18:00 we ask that guests adopt the more refined Evening Resort dress code.

Suggestions for an Evening Resort look:

Women
Dress
Skirts
Pants
Blouses or sweaters
Dark-wash jeans with no rips
Tailored dress shorts

Men
Shirts
Collared polo shirt
Sweaters or smart designer sweatshirts
Dark-wash jeans with no rips (only when accompanied with a jacket)
Chinos
Sports jacket, or blazer (optional)
Tailored shorts (these may only be worn in the Tastes restaurant)
NOTE: Please avoid flip-flops/sliders, swimwear, and hats.

Formal Evening
On sailings, over seven days there will be at least one optional ship-wide formal night (depending on the length of the segment), which will require more formal cocktail chic attire. These special events will be defined in your personal pre-sailing guide.

Suggestions for a Formal Evening look:

Women
Cocktail dresses or gowns
Suits Evening skirts or pants with an elegant top
Evening shoes

Men
Suits or tuxedos
Shirts
Dress shoes
Ties (optional)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, suzeluvscruz said:

Sounds a bit more formal for daytime than old Crystal, also formal nights don't allow for sport jackets. I wonder who decides if a message on a T shirt is or is nor offensive? 🤣

Given formal nights are optional you could wear a sports jacket as Evening Resort would be acceptable 

I dare say my Regent and Silversea t shirts would be deemed unacceptable 😂😂😂😉

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, suzeluvscruz said:

Sounds a bit more formal for daytime than old Crystal, also formal nights don't allow for sport jackets. I wonder who decides if a message on a T shirt is or is nor offensive? 🤣

I seriously doubt that you will notice a difference in daytime dress on NC vs OC. 

Patty

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

Given formal nights are optional you could wear a sports jacket as Evening Resort would be acceptable 

I dare say my Regent and Silversea t shirts would be deemed unacceptable 😂😂😂😉

Well there you have it a dress code with more holes in it than a Swiss cheese.

No holes in your jeans though.

It does seem more formal on formal nights than the old Crystal was at the end.  That and additional extra for special restaurants doesn't make me happy about new Crystal but I guess neither are major issues but does indicate a direction

These dress guidelines(that's what they are) smack of a cut and paste job by an intern.  I'm not going to get too exercised by this.

One thing: before 6PM guys can get by with "shorts" while ladies are restricted to "elegant shorts."   This is our big chance to slob it up fellas, let those cargo shorts fly!

• Haha 5

SO if I wear a baseball cap with a logo of an actual baseball team, who will decide if that is offensive, as it may in fact be offensive to someone who "hates" my team  (E.g.  A Boston fan would think a Yankee logo is offensive  🙂   )?    If someone wears a T-shirt with a statement on it that relates to something that could be construed as political, will that shirt be deemed offensive. This "rule" is so ambiguous that it will not be enforced.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gwesq said:

This "rule" is so ambiguous that it will not be enforced.  

I think you’ll find there’s a clause (or more then one) in their general T&Cs that gives them supreme rights to determine almost anything/everything and that guests are required to comply and have their contract cancelled, without penalty for Crystal 

They can be enforced - the question us will they be? Much like most rules and regulations 

19 hours ago, gwesq said:

This "rule" is so ambiguous that it will not be enforced.  

Just having this rule in place serves the purpose of discouraging passengers from dressing in such a manner, regardless of whether enforcement is carried out.  Of course, some people feel that rules don't apply to them and they will test to see if the rules will be enforced. 

The only cruise line I’ve sailed where dress code.was strictly enforced is Regent. We had table near entrance and watched guests being turned away. It was done tactfully and no guest seemed offended 

Crystal did not enforce rules. Cut off jean shorts at dinner in main dining room was the most shocking 

personally I don’t care what anyone wears but I do believe in following rules. Any cruise line that publicizes rules and does not enforce them consistently should  not expect those rules to be followed 

• Like 4

So a jacket isn't required with nicer pants, but is with jeans. I interpret this to mean that the average level of formalness is what matters. less formal pants, need a more formal jacket. Tails and a speedo it is then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Embowaf said:

So a jacket isn't required with nicer pants, but is with jeans. I interpret this to mean that the average level of formalness is what matters. less formal pants, need a more formal jacket. Tails and a speedo it is then.

Photo please

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/6/2023 at 6:36 PM, KenzSailing said:

These dress guidelines(that's what they are) smack of a cut and paste job by an intern.  I'm not going to get too exercised by this.

One thing: before 6PM guys can get by with "shorts" while ladies are restricted to "elegant shorts."   This is our big chance to slob it up fellas, let those cargo shorts fly!

I consider my cargo shorts to be elegant......lol

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, hypercafe said:

I think it's funny, no passengers have been on ether ship but we already have dress code and smoking threads.

This is because some keep insisting this is the original Crystal. Of course they say that very differentiate. For the good things: “Crystal is back”. For the defaulting of many people : “That was a different Crystal “ 😤

Ivi

• Like 4

4 hours ago, hypercafe said:

I think it's funny, no passengers have been on ether ship but we already have dress code and smoking threads.

Not strange at all - new Crystal have now announced their policies for these items therefore it’s no great surprise they’re up for discussion 

On 3/6/2023 at 2:05 PM, suzeluvscruz said:

I think the cruiseline sets the bar a bit high, knowing full well that pax will use every trick in the book to lower it as far as they possibly can.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1