Excel class ships - why does Carnival charge MORE for the forward corner suites than the aft?

Tom-n-Cheryl

I've been scratching my head on this one, but for almost all sailings I've searched, Carnival is getting almost $200 more for the forward Excel suites over the Aft ones.

There's a HUGE difference in the balcony on those two (the size, what's provided on them) with my vote going for the Aft. The ONLY thing I see that the forward cabins have over the aft is that they have a "wet bar" (a small sink)! I mean, I'd take an expansive balcony over a sink any day. 

I'd think that the balcony up front is less user friendly too (wind), as well as being rather narrow. About the only thing I see as a drawback to the aft corners is the factor of noise from deck 8 below - pool area, which diminishes as you get up towards deck 15.

Thoughts.. and your preferences ??

Tom

• Like 2

If you are referring to the forward facing balcony rooms, yes, it is the view that people love and want so much. Shame they put up that wall though, it prevented me from opening both doors and cleaning out the ship like taco bell. 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, asalligo said:

If you are referring to the forward facing balcony rooms, yes, it is the view that people love and want so much. Shame they put up that wall though, it prevented me from opening both doors and cleaning out the ship like taco bell. 

OH - we love the front views as well. On an Excel class ship, the only front view we'd go for is to book the presidential suite again. 🙂

Tom

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I may not know what I am talking about here. However, it certainly seems like seeing what is ahead of you is more premium that seeing what you left behind.

And higher floors cost more, floor by floor. And middle of the ship is generally more than aft or forward. It used to be very simple, but the bean counters (like at the airlines) have progressively managed to squeeze more and more from people.  🙂

Tom

2 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Carnival is getting almost $200 more for the forward Excel suites over the Aft ones.

And that's exactly it.  That is what they are asking and that is what they are getting.

If demand for the fwd Excel suites dropped, you'd see the price drop (and maybe the aft ones increase).  So, for now, take advantage of the price difference if you can afford such accommodations before the market and/or Carnival catches on!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

And that's exactly it.  That is what they are asking and that is what they are getting.

If demand for the fwd Excel suites dropped, you'd see the price drop (and maybe the aft ones increase).  So, for now, take advantage of the price difference if you can afford such accommodations before the market and/or Carnival catches on!

That's kind of what I'm doing now, having 3 Yacht Club balcony sailings booked on MSC. Despite all the less than stellar reviews regarding that line, it's almost a polar opposite with regard to their Yacht Club (ship within a ship, similar to NCL Haven). At this point, the fares are still pretty reasonable - compared to NCL and, especially Celebrity.

Tom

3 hours ago, asalligo said:

Funny, that's my way of clearing a "stale" room. Works wonders.

19 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

If the wind is anything like on the "secret decks" I would have to say no thank you!

We've had a fwd balcony on Mardi Gras, and it was not overly windy out there standing up at the railing, even when sailing near top speed into a headwind.  Dunno exactly how they did it, but the design of the front sloping railing walls did an excellent job managing the exposure to the wind.

• Like 1

Our preference will always be Aft.  The only time noise was a factor is when we booked directly under the pool deck.  We always put a floor of cabins between our cabin and a high traffic area.  Never had any soot, love the views!

Different strokes for different folks.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, marci4tony said:

Our preference will always be Aft.  The only time noise was a factor is when we booked directly under the pool deck.  We always put a floor of cabins between our cabin and a high traffic area.  Never had any soot, love the views!

Different strokes for different folks.

You chose wisely

• Like 1