Yet another CocoCay question

We have waterpark passes (kids are 2-12) and a cabana reserved at Chill Island.  Does anyone know how far apart these are?  I would hate to spend the money for a cabana and find we spend  most of our time at the waterpark.  Also, are there free chairs near the waterpark?  I know they have cabanas but they are sold out. 

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

There are thousands of complimentary chairs/umbrellas all over Coco Cay  including the waterpark. 
m

Thanks. I know there are in some places, just  checking by the waterpark

Suggestions for the best place to just go and have a lazy day on the beach? Don't need a cabana, and no interest in the water park. Just would like relatively easy access to water and possibly umbrella. This will be our first time in CocoCay since they built it up.

7 minutes ago, Candleonwater said:

Suggestions for the best place to just go and have a lazy day on the beach? Don't need a cabana, and no interest in the water park. Just would like relatively easy access to water and possibly umbrella. This will be our first time in CocoCay since they built it up.

Chairs tend to fill up from the bottom left of the map, then to the top left and then top middle.  If things are looking full by the time you get on the island this area tends to fill up last 

image.jpeg.30361eafcd934ebb2978ae33bca5cdd5.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Candleonwater said:

If you want access to both a Snack Shack and a Buffet, I would post up at Breezy Bay.  

If you just want a Snack Shack nearby, check out South Beach.  

If you just want a Buffet nearby, check out one of the three Chill Island beaches. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, acruise4me said:

We are not interested in the water park or sports activities.  Is it possible to just find two chairs near the water to relax in the sun?  Do you need to pay for these?

There's many chairs in many areas (including near water) that do not incur a charge.  You'll have no trouble!

2 hours ago, suometar said:

First ime Royal cruisers here. We will be at Coco Cay next week Does RCL hand out that map or is it on some other site?

Normally in cabin the night before.

10 hours ago, dateacher said:

We have waterpark passes (kids are 2-12) and a cabana reserved at Chill Island.  Does anyone know how far apart these are?  I would hate to spend the money for a cabana and find we spend  most of our time at the waterpark.  Also, are there free chairs near the waterpark?  I know they have cabanas but they are sold out. 

My only time at CoCoCay was spent at Chill Island beach. I don't think Chill Island and the water park are even in sight of each other.   Like others have said, not really close at all.   The map provided by DragonoftheSeas above shows a 10 minute walk from the bridge to the Chill Island cabanas.  I would say that might also apply to a walk from your cabana to the water park.   But, I'm just kind of guessing based on the map.  

I hate to be the buzz kill, and have only limited experience, but I think you might have an issue with watching the kiddos at the water park and enjoying the cabana at chill beach.  Please get confirmation before making any reservation changes.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, brillohead said:

They don't leave the maps in the room anymore due to paper waste.

You can get a map from a staffer on the pier as you get off the ship, if needed.

Anthem put them in the cabins last week.

11 hours ago, dateacher said:

Chill island cabana is a good 10 minute+ walk...and it does get hot there.. there are trams but you have to wait for those.. We decided we would not do the waterpark again...paid a lot of money to wait in line ..but you can

check everyday and even when you board the ship, a waterpark cabana might open up.

11 hours ago, dateacher said:

I'd choose one or the other -- these locations are a good 15-20 minute walk apart, and I don't see how you'd realistically utilize both.  

Your two-year old will enjoy the pirate ship playground in the center of the island.  

Your 12-year old might enjoy the games at South Beach more.  

8 hours ago, Candleonwater said:

Chill Island or South Beach are for you ... no cost.  You'll find loads of chairs laid out in 2 or 4s ... and each 2 or 4 chair set has an umbrella and a small table.  

7 hours ago, time4u2go said:

There's many chairs in many areas (including near water) that do not incur a charge.  You'll have no trouble!

True.  

4 hours ago, suometar said:

First ime Royal cruisers here. We will be at Coco Cay next week Does RCL hand out that map or is it on some other site?

We asked for one at Guest Services.  

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

My only time at CoCoCay was spent at Chill Island beach. I don't think Chill Island and the water park are even in sight of each other.   Like others have said, not really close at all.   The map provided by DragonoftheSeas above shows a 10 minute walk from the bridge to the Chill Island cabanas.  I would say that might also apply to a walk from your cabana to the water park.   But, I'm just kind of guessing based on the map.  

I hate to be the buzz kill, and have only limited experience, but I think you might have an issue with watching the kiddos at the water park and enjoying the cabana at chill beach.  Please get confirmation before making any reservation changes.

True:  not even near in sight of each other. 

Might be a buzz kill, but you're right.  If these were my plans, I'd like to know the truth -- not platitudes. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

... We decided we would not do the waterpark again...paid a lot of money to wait in line ...

It might be smart to check the number of ships sharing Coco Cay with you.  That'd give you a hint about how many people will be on the island.  

8 hours ago, Candleonwater said:

You may want to hop on the tram and take a lap around the island and see what area suits you best.

We have been several times and enjoy all the others, plenty of free loungers.  Just no freebies at the beach club.

Edited by Sunshine3601

18 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

It might be smart to check the number of ships sharing Coco Cay with you.  That'd give you a hint about how many people will be on the island.  

So, we will be there (on Freedom) along with Liberty, so we will be on the island with almost 9k of our closest friends... and both ships are scheduled to arrive at 7am.  Am I nuts for thinking, if I want chairs in a specific location, we need to be off the ship as fast as possible?

Is there a better option?  Like, would Coco Beach Club feel less like we're in a massive crowd of people?