Oasis of the Seas Live - We’ve been Saved by the Bell 🐾🐾 March 12-19, 2023. ​​​​​​​

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Greg gave a great review for Sunflower Bakery in Galveston.  Not just a bakery.  Brittany said it was her favorite Galveston eatery.  I forgot her screenname.

Deb, we had a CP deck 12 balcony toward the aft elevators.  The moment we closed the balcony door we heard absolutely nothing that was going on outside.  I don't recall any movie screen noise at all even when sitting on the balcony.  John had one of those double balconies, ending in "29" on deck 12 so he might be able to give you feedback about any crew area noise.  

The only negative was that the balconies opposite us were closer than I would have liked.  We prefer deck 12 because we were closer to the sky making it seem like we were really "outside".  Weighing all the pros and cons, we booked the same exact cabin for Bella 02.

Travelgirlindallas, Bethany not Brittany

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That's awesome. Congratulations. We are at a measly 91 points. May try and see about doing some solo cabin strategy to get to Diamond Plus faster.

Anything on Deck 8? We love that level as you can walk directly out to central Park.

I don’t think there are any Central Park balconies on deck 8, or if there are they’re not available.  Still on the fence between CP or OVB.  I’m sure I’m driving “the” TA crazy!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

For all those who are testing for covid:  I had symptoms and tested negative twice before it came back positive 2 1/2 days later.

So sorry, Bonnie!  😞  I hope you have a mild case like we did.  How is Jack?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’ve been feeling a little under the weather today. No cold-like symptoms, just kind of achey. Took a test and was negative, so hopefully just picked up some kind of bug during our extended travels.  

Fingers crossed for you (and Andy too, just in case).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’ve been feeling a little under the weather today. No cold-like symptoms, just kind of achey. Took a test and was negative, so hopefully just picked up some kind of bug during our extended travels.  

I hope you feel better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

For all those who are testing for covid:  I had symptoms and tested negative twice before it came back positive 2 1/2 days later.

So sorry you’re not well.  Hope it’s a very mild case and on the mend quickly. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm so happy it passed me by this cruise, tomorrow I leave for Galveston for radiance. Too close together but just this one time. Last radiance and rcl cruise going to Panama and Columbia so I made a exception to booking so close together. 

Will you be posting a live review? I'm looking for info about cruising out of Galveston. We don't cruise until next year but it doesn't hurt to start checking now. We'll be flying into Houston, need transportation to Galveston, recommendations for hotel for 2 nights near CVS, grocery store misc for seniors. Things to do or see for one day pre cruise. DH has a slight walking disability.

We did Panama & Columbia on NCL a few years ago we loved it. Have a great cruise!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Feel better, Deb!  Maybe too much time in the car..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm so happy it passed me by this cruise, tomorrow I leave for Galveston for radiance. Too close together but just this one time. Last radiance and rcl cruise going to Panama and Columbia so I made a exception to booking so close together. 

Have a wonderful cruise.  It’s one of our favorite itineraries.  I have some good friends on the cruise as well. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Will you be posting a live review? I'm looking for info about cruising out of Galveston. We don't cruise until next year but it doesn't hurt to start checking now. We'll be flying into Houston, need transportation to Galveston, recommendations for hotel for 2 nights near CVS, grocery store misc for seniors. Things to do or see for one day pre cruise. DH has a slight walking disability.

We did Panama & Columbia on NCL a few years ago we loved it. Have a great cruise!

I'll just be on my 2 free days of wifi but ask me anything or email me, but I'm leaving in the morning. I ,keep seeing warnings I45 had lanes closed south of houston, allow a couple extra hours.

I myself was happy with quality inn, they own next door beachfront palms which wasnt to Greg's liking. I liked quality inn the better of the two and they are reasonable. Next door is a kroger grocery and they sell all the things cruisers might want, from insect spray, suntan spray, wine, soda. Down from them is a walkable Walmart if you dont like krogers. CVS in Galveston is out on the main drag, not walkable if you choose a hotel along seawall. The closer you stay to the pleasure pier the more expensive generally. Uber is what I use. I park at the hotel. I'll be online until i board monday. Wifi night of day 7 probably. Sorry no live review. It's a 10 day cruise so I'll be on last 2 days. As Greg/seadog will agree, unless you spend big money in Galveston hotels are kinda old and could use some work imo. Dont expect fancy for $100. A nice hotel is over $200. 

Galveston has a trolley on weekends along seawall blvd might work for you and your husband. Impossible to drive and park. Get a hotel in the middle of things. It will be crowded. 

I'm raring to go and feel good for a change. Knock on wood. Bringing a covid test with me. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Without knowing how disabled he is, hard to even say or how fussy you are about hotels. 

The la quinta up near 21st and seawall was a do not book again. No elevator, and I had bugs and issues. .. even the Hilton I know folks who wouldnt stay there, smells they said.

Email me. My email is in my signature. Hard to know what you expect. My cheap miami hotel march 11 before bella1 was much nicer than many hotels in Galveston and cost less or the same. I was pleasantly surprised.  Galveston is older and less glitz and glam. But you can see the ocean. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Without knowing how disabled he is, hard to even say or how fussy you are about hotels. 

The la quinta up near 21st and seawall was a do not book again. No elevator, and I had bugs and issues. .. even the Hilton I know folks who wouldnt stay there, smells they said.

Email me. My email is in my signature. Hard to know what you expect. My cheap miami hotel march 11 before bella1 was much nicer than many hotels in Galveston and cost less or the same. I was pleasantly surprised.  Galveston is older and less glitz and glam. But you can see the ocean. 

Thanks I'll email you at a later date. Have a great time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ValerieJo said:

I’ve calculated that I’ll be Pinnacle somewhere around my 135th birthday. 🍍🎂

I would be happy with that.  We were doing well for a while but have slowed down considerably, trying other lines, primarily Celebrity, as well as other types of vacations. 

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

What a bummer. Get well fast.

Still, deluged with trustee paperwork but off I go on radiance. Then home until sept for hand therapy and back to getting thru this stuff. Saw a couple interesting posts out of Galveston for places to eat. One said top crab cakes (with lots of crab) and fries and I forget but the other also sounded interesting. Tomorrow for dinner. Hard to choose. 

We are doing that same cruise in October. Will be my first time to California  and cruising in the Pacific          ( except for( Hawaii) I would love to hear your thoughts on it. Enjoy.!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

We are doing that same cruise in October. Will be my first time to California  and cruising in the Pacific          ( except for( Hawaii) I would love to hear your thoughts on it. Enjoy.!!

Lol Iived in hawaii 10 years so I know hawaii. Been to all the islands, and took celebrity from calif to hawaii later after I moved.

From sea to shining sea ..helen and marty doing calif to hawaii soon, and a certain ta posted he is on the same cruise to hawaii. Helen and marty live in calif so they know calif as well. We are a diverse group.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol Iived in hawaii 10 years so I know hawaii. Been to all the islands, and took celebrity from calif to hawaii later after I moved.

From sea to shining sea ..helen and marty doing calif to hawaii soon, and a certain ta posted he is on the same cruise to hawaii. Helen and marty live in calif so they know calif as well. We are a diverse group.

Tom, Brittany, Phoebe, and I will also be on the Ovation Hawaii cruise! Followed by Celebrity Alaska cruise! Can't wait!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Seeking advice here on cabin choice for Bella2.  We’re thinking of trying a Central Park balcony.  Between group activities and port days, we barely used our OV balcony on Bella1.  There are several available on decks 10,11 & 12, including one of the double balconies on deck 12.  From my research, I saw comments there can be some noise from crew areas near the double balcony.  I also saw some comments that CP balcony cabins can hear noise from a large screen, but I don’t see a screen in any photos? Doubt they’d be playing movies in CP, where would you sit to watch? 
Appreciate any input!  

We have only done one CP balcony. It was on Harmony and we really enjoyed it. We tend to like higher decks, but ensure only staterooms above and below us. We were on 11th deck. 

Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Seeking advice here on cabin choice for Bella2.  We’re thinking of trying a Central Park balcony.  Between group activities and port days, we barely used our OV balcony on Bella1.  There are several available on decks 10,11 & 12, including one of the double balconies on deck 12.  From my research, I saw comments there can be some noise from crew areas near the double balcony.  I also saw some comments that CP balcony cabins can hear noise from a large screen, but I don’t see a screen in any photos? Doubt they’d be playing movies in CP, where would you sit to watch? 
Appreciate any input!  

Some comments from the peanut gallery.

The CP double balcony rooms are great, but only worth it if you'll actually spend time out on the balcony.  They are in the dead center of Central Park, so you have a LONG walk from whichever elevators you take to get to your floor.  That can be a good thing if you're looking to get your steps in, or a bad thing if you have crappy knees like me!  😉

The "noise from a large screen" would refer to noise from the pool deck above, not from a screen in Central Park.  Daytime noise is typical pool sounds -- music and kids in the pool -- but nighttime noise is minimal.  There is often music playing in the early part of the evening, but it's over by 9pm.  Any noise is really only an issue on the balcony itself -- it's not a problem inside the room.  

CP rooms on Deck 9 are like the Promenade Rooms on the lower deck -- just a window over the park area.  The balcony rooms are on Decks 10-14.  The higher the deck, the more pool noise you hear during the daytime.  

Not sure if that helps at all, but that's my two cents' worth!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, derorim said:

So sorry, Bonnie!  😞  I hope you have a mild case like we did.  How is Jack?

1 hour ago, ValerieJo said:

So sorry you’re not well.  Hope it’s a very mild case and on the mend quickly. 

Joy and Val, I am so sorry I wasn't clear.  I had covid back in July not recently.  Jack got it first, then me and thankfully both our cases were mild, but Jack complained more than me. 😏

• Like 5

We didn't really enjoy our Boardwalk Balcony last month. We knew the pitfalls going in but I doubt we'll ever book one again.  Even though we were at the very back, it was noisy and no privacy which we really missed.

Back to a large oceanview balcony tomorrow.  DH brought his hammock. We sail on Allure. The major freeway into Galveston is reduced to one lane.  We waited in traffic for 45 min just to exit north of Galveston to our hotel and face long waits to get to Galveston in the morning.  No worries though and will adjust accordingly. I was surprised as Royal even sent out a warning so it must be especially bad this weekend. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Joy and Val, I am so sorry I wasn't clear.  I had covid back in July not recently.  Jack got it first, then me and thankfully both our cases were mild, but Jack complained more than me. 😏

I’m glad I was wrong 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2023 at 1:10 AM, Coralc said:

Oh no. I am sorry you all came back with Covid. It sounds like it was fun, as were our 2 weeks on Serenade, with Bill getting it. But I'm not sure I want to do it much in the future, If it's a thing. 

It was lots of fun, but I still plan on cruising.

22 hours ago, molly361 said:

Sorry to hear that  get well soon 

19 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Oh no not you too. Hope you get better fast and dont give it to Mike.

We need a picture of your fabulous sea shell dress. 

17 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Oh, not you too! I hope your symptoms are mild and Mike stays negative.  

16 hours ago, derorim said:

Dang, sorry to hear that!

16 hours ago, akcruz said:

☹️ sorry to hear, hope Mike stays negative.  We are both fine so far so it's not everyone but way more than I would have hoped.

16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So sorry. I hope your symptoms are mild. Get well soon.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Mike unfortunately is now feeling a little under the weather. I think he now has it. He will probably test tomorrow or the next day to see if he has it.

• Like 8