Oasis of the Seas Live - We’ve been Saved by the Bell 🐾🐾 March 12-19, 2023. ​​​​​​​

16 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

This is when we need a thumbs down button. Hope Mike stays on the good side if things, and that it’s mild for you. 

16 hours ago, barbeyg said:

@derorim and @ReneeFLL, hope you feel better soon. Ken and I tend to share with one another. I kindly passed it on to him after our AK cruise last year. 😕

15 hours ago, ocean sounds said:

Prayers for good health for all of you! 🙏🏻

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Sorry to hear this, Renee.  Hopefully Mike doesn't get it and yours will be mild.  Jim didn't get it so far.  Mine is mild cough getting better.

I'm so grateful for not having gotten it until arriving home.

Same here. A mild cough and glad it showed up at home and not on the ship.

14 hours ago, sandebeach said:

So sorry for you, hope you recover quickly. Covid is not fun. 

14 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Oh Renee, not you too now!  Drink lots of water. Hope it's mild and Mike stays covid free. 

14 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

Sorry you're not feeling well.  Fingers crossed for a very mild case and that Mike stays negative.  Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. My cough started about the second day after being home. The last time (it was also the first time) I got covid it was like a mild cold. So far it’s the same now and hopefully it will start to go away. It does suck that I think Mike now has it. 🥺

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

The major freeway into Galveston is reduced to one lane.  We waited in traffic for 45 min just to exit north of Galveston to our hotel and face long waits to get to Galveston in the morning.  No worries though and will adjust accordingly. I was surprised as Royal even sent out a warning so it must be especially bad this weekend. 

I'm heading to Galveston today, should be sleeping but all the sudden my throat seems to be hurting.

I've seen the traffic warning for I45 over and over posted and reposted for this weekend. Several lanes on I45 closed as I said above. 

I guess I will leave extra early and hope for the best today. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

Same here. A mild cough and glad it showed up at home and not on the ship.

Thanks for the well wishes. My cough started about the second day after being home. The last time (it was also the first time) I got covid it was like a mild cold. So far it’s the same now and hopefully it will start to go away. It does suck that I think Mike now has it. 🥺

Oh no, sure hope Mike doesnt keep getting worse, ..and you need to get better. Well wishes. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

The ladies tested today, both negative although they both have sore throats and coughs 

That’s how mine started. Very mild sore throat and cough.

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa and I each have developed some sniffles the last couple days but so far so good. 🤞

Oh no. Hopefully you don’t get it. In the end it would be interesting to know how many of us got it.

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

…Mine is mild cough getting better.

I'm so grateful for not having gotten it until arriving home.

Glad to hear you are getting better.

12 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Seeking advice here on cabin choice for Bella2.  We’re thinking of trying a Central Park balcony.  Between group activities and port days, we barely used our OV balcony on Bella1.  There are several available on decks 10,11 & 12, including one of the double balconies on deck 12.  From my research, I saw comments there can be some noise from crew areas near the double balcony.  I also saw some comments that CP balcony cabins can hear noise from a large screen, but I don’t see a screen in any photos? Doubt they’d be playing movies in CP, where would you sit to watch? 
Appreciate any input!  

We were in one of the cabins with the extended balcony. We could definitely hear the noise from the crew work space. The moving of carts and some bumping on the walls from them. I guess if we had complained they would have been more careful with the bumping but it wasn’t complaint worthy. It was just annoying. Central Park is nice to look out on, but we really missed the ocean so we probably won’t book it again. Also, the neighbors can look into your room if the curtains are open. There was at least a sheer curtain. It was nice to try it to see what it was like.

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

it’s weird that I don’t see a rash but boy I itch all over

Have you tried some calamine or some other anti itch lotion. Have you taken Benadryl or other antihistamine?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Dan and I will have 12229 on Wonder.  I looked at the deck plans and they have put an interior cabin next door to the "29" cabins on both sides (229 and 629) so there is no longer a steward work room next door.  I think that will decrease the random banging and the sounds of work carts going back and forth.  Happy to see that.

I just checked the deck plans and it’s only on decks 12 & 14 where they put an interior room next to the 229 cabins.

8 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I don’t think there are any Central Park balconies on deck 8, or if there are they’re not available.  Still on the fence between CP or OVB.  I’m sure I’m driving “the” TA crazy!

Have you thought of an obstructed ovb? Price is cheaper than ovb but I’m guessing more than CP. 🤷🏼‍♀️  There will be less noise and more privacy.

8 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’ve been feeling a little under the weather today. No cold-like symptoms, just kind of achey. Took a test and was negative, so hopefully just picked up some kind of bug during our extended travels.  

Hopefully it’s mild if you do get it. 

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

…I'm raring to go and feel good for a change. Knock on wood. Bringing a covid test with me. 

Glad to hear you are feeling good. Have fun on your cruise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

…Back to a large oceanview balcony tomorrow.  DH brought his hammock. We sail on Allure….

Enjoy your cruise on the Allure. It’s our favorite ship.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Oh no, sure hope Mike doesnt keep getting worse, ..and you need to get better. Well wishes. 

Thanks and what are you doing up at 2:00 am? You need to sleep so you can drive tomorrow. I’m about to put down my iPad myself. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. My cough started about the second day after being home. The last time (it was also the first time) I got covid it was like a mild cold. So far it’s the same now and hopefully it will start to go away. It does suck that I think Mike now has it. 🥺

Out of curiosity...what's the current protocol for Covid at AA before he can fly again?  Does he need to wait a certain number of days after first positive test, or for a negative test, or for symptoms to disappear?  Inquiring minds... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Enjoy your cruise on the Allure. It’s our favorite ship.

Thanks and what are you doing up at 2:00 am? You need to sleep so you can drive tomorrow. I’m about to put down my iPad myself. 

I woke up with a sore throat. Took a vitamin C and went back to bed. Oh oh. I packed more vitamin C and put them in my purse to take. Up now with coffee and getting ready to leave early. If traffic isnt that bad and I get there early I guess I can go eat or walk the boardwalk along the ocean. 

The one thing I like from taco bell is their breakfast crunch wraps. Stopping by there on my way out of my own for breakfast on the go. Mixed feelings on radiance. Fewer food choices and havent seen much about the shows. Complaints about wifi. Booked 2 excursions and one the time was changed from 7 to 5.5 hours. Seems like they should email you when they make changes. .. though I thought 7 hours too long so ok with it. I got a tiny backpack that says carnival, free as a logo gift. I'm bringing it on the one to see the locks with some water. Only thing right sized i could find. 

See ya all tonight from the hotel. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Have you tried some calamine or some other anti itch lotion. Have you taken Benadryl or other antihistamine?

Yes I’ve been putting on Hydrocortisone cream as well some anti itch cream and Benadryl. Nothing seems to work. Weird thing is I see no rash in the areas.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I woke up with a sore throat. Took a vitamin C and went back to bed. Oh oh. I packed more vitamin C and put them in my purse to take. Up now with coffee and getting ready to leave early. If traffic isnt that bad and I get there early I guess I can go eat or walk the boardwalk along the ocean. 

The one thing I like from taco bell is their breakfast crunch wraps. Stopping by there on my way out of my own for breakfast on the go. Mixed feelings on radiance. Fewer food choices and havent seen much about the shows. Complaints about wifi. Booked 2 excursions and one the time was changed from 7 to 5.5 hours. Seems like they should email you when they make changes. .. though I thought 7 hours too long so ok with it. I got a tiny backpack that says carnival, free as a logo gift. I'm bringing it on the one to see the locks with some water. Only thing right sized i could find. 

See ya all tonight from the hotel. 

Safe travels and hope you have a great cruise. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s how mine started. Very mild sore throat and cough.

Same here until the sore throat started to feel like razor blades were in there. And the cough just made my throat feel even worse.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I’ve been putting on Hydrocortisone cream as well some anti itch cream and Benadryl. Nothing seems to work. Weird thing is I see no rash in the areas.

If it continues you might want to see a Dr.  It could be something that needs attention.  Probably not but just in case.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I just checked the deck plans and it’s only on decks 12 & 14 where they put an interior room next to the 229 cabins.

Thanks for the correction.  I guess I only looked on the deck that affected me and made a broader assumption.  I'm glad that at least we won't have a work closet next to us !

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

May be time to see a dermatologist? They can look at your skin with micro-goggles. Wishing you well!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, brillohead said:

but only worth it if you'll actually spend time out on the balcony.  They are in the dead center of Central Park, so you have a LONG walk from whichever elevators you take to get to your floor.  That can be a good thing if you're looking to get your steps in, or a bad thing if you have crappy knees like me!  😉

Totally agree with you re: the long walk.  It was the only downside for me. I have bad knees too.

I found it very interesting that I seemed to spend more time out on the balcony in the CP than I ever do in an ocean view balcony.  Not sure why.  For one thing, I found the couch in the room to be extremely uncomfortable for sitting and reading.  I think that forced me out onto the balcony more but I really enjoyed it out there....especially at night.

• Like 7

So sorry some are under the weather.  

On board Allure.  Traffic wasn't an issue.  It could be because it's misty, foggy.  Hoping it burns off soon but it doesn't matter because we are on board. 

We saw an interesting couple coming on board.  They were dragging suitcases with a bank bill counter on top.  They must be planning some serious gambling? Wow. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa unfortunately has a faint positive line on her Covid test.  She doesn’t feel any worse today than yesterday.  I however, knock on wood, am negative. 🤞

Your post prompted me to re-test Phoebe. Still negative, knock on wood. Wishing you all well!

• Like 5