Oasis of the Seas Live - We’ve been Saved by the Bell 🐾🐾 March 12-19, 2023. ​​​​​​​

52 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Thanks Chris 

Don’t abuse those free drinks 🤣😂, but if you do 

I know a guy who has a list 😉

I need a bigger list for a December trip.🤣

More like a book😉😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Dinner was at  Coconuts in Fort Lauderdale    
It was excellent. 

Then back to our hotel for the night. 

Embassy Suites. 

Once again and probably for the last time we are staying here. 

Why?

First the good 

-Close to Publix- last minute stuff

-clean rooms 

-breakfast on site

-no bed bugs. 

-free drinks. We had  1 each. 

Now the needs 

-old hotel. Furniture/ carpet needs updated -toilet height perfect for a toddler 

-one small bar of soap for hand washing and shower 

-1 washcloth 2 bath towels, no hand towels

-no cups or glasses to drink from. 
-only 5 elevators for 10 stories of rooms. 
-2 attendants working reception 

-1 computer working out of total of 5 to print boarding pass. Waited for person to print their whole speech  for teacher presentation here for conference. 

Other than that a bed to sleep is all I need. 

Later 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Dinner was at  Coconuts in Fort Lauderdale    
It was excellent. 

Then back to our hotel for the night. 

Embassy Suites. 

Once again and probably for the last time we are staying here. 

Why?

First the good 

-Close to Publix- last minute stuff

-clean rooms 

-breakfast on site

-no bed bugs. 

-free drinks. We had  1 each. 

Now the needs 

-old hotel. Furniture/ carpet needs updated -toilet height perfect for a toddler 

-one small bar of soap for hand washing and shower 

-1 washcloth 2 bath towels, no hand towels

-no cups or glasses to drink from. 
-only 5 elevators for 10 stories of rooms. 
-2 attendants working reception 

-1 computer working out of total of 5 to print boarding pass. Waited for person to print their whole speech  for teacher presentation here for conference. 

Other than that a bed to sleep is all I need. 

Later 

But did the toilet flush🤔🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 18

Where is everyone??? 😹  I went to Schooner’s and there were only 6 other people there….and none of them were familiar. Even the bar staff was different 🙀.  I’ll check back later.  

Currently in the Pub listening to the guitar player.

Turn around day was the worst I’ve ever experienced.  New cruisers were getting on the ship at the same time as B2B cruisers.  I’ve always enjoyed the 30 to 45 minutes of ‘quiet’ on the ship, before the next sailing. 

Miss you all!  It ‘s definitely going to be a quiet week. 😁🙀

Pat

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

If it is okay I would like to post a smattering of pictures of what we did during the week, even though it is now at a close? Otherwise I can start a new short thread?  Good Travels Everyone!

That would be awesome. Seeing your family out and about always made me smile. ❤️

• Like 7

1 minute ago, taznremmy said:

Where is everyone??? 😹  I went to Schooner’s and there were only 6 other people there….and none of them were familiar. Even the bar staff was different 🙀.  I’ll check back later.  

Turn around day was the worst I’ve ever experienced.  New cruisers were getting on the ship at the same time as B2B cruisers.  I’ve always enjoyed the 30 to 45 minutes of ‘quiet’ on the ship, before the next sailing. 

Pat

I am there with you in spirit Pat 

Also wish we were on another week with you 

So have a drink or two for me and I’ll have 3 or four for you 🥂

You were one of the first people we met in Miami and so glad we got to know you

Yourself and Ruth added a level of class and Royal sophistication to the group

Shiny and glitzy, the shoes the earrings the bags Top Top ladies 

Enjoy the next segment of your cruise 

Cheers

See you again one day 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen on the way home.  This was 10 minutes after takeoff. He woke about an hour left in the flight. 

6DCE1A69-610F-4D37-8F68-68601B33C2C9.thumb.jpeg.805e9cc001dfde2d292a5be1f02797da.jpeg

Guess who met us for snacks as soon as we got home. 

575A2F93-D47B-465E-A9EF-2A10562E4AA6.thumb.jpeg.caeb6ee230ce7c150ce42ec757373008.jpeg

Cut those wrist bands off, that's a lot of extra weight to carry around making him tired.

• Haha 6

24 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Pat

Glad we ran into you

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Glad we ran into you

So happy to see you leaving the ship….and not in a wheelchair 👍. Hope you are feeling better and again, thank you for everything!  
Scratch Bella under the chin for me.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Pat

I'm sorry I never got to really chat with you, Pat.  My friend Carol said she enjoyed talking with you.  Bummer that turn around day turned out the way it did for you today.  Enjoy your cruise this week!😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So fun fact! In Studio B there is a lift that will take a wheelchair and an attendant down to ice level or row 1 on the left side as you walk into the ice theatre. We arrived 30 minutes early with a reservation for "Frozen in Time" ice show only to be told that there is no "lift" and she had to sit in the back up top. I had Chantelle the SL concierge with me, but she had no idea either? So I said not only is there one I will show you where it is... So we walked over and there it was covered up in a vinyl dust cover and lucky for us, someone had a walkie talkie and called Darwin (the hero of our story) who came over and said yes, we can take her down to the wheelchair seating area. He actually had a few people watching him and learning how to operate this awesome device! Later I found out he has only been on Oasis for two months!

IMG_2933_lift.thumb.jpg.72f4bef5f58b6f63e0ede4be1daa2edb.jpg

IMG_2932_Liftcontrola.thumb.jpg.92d6c1e4ba51ed3e00d43f3f2362620b.jpg

Prior to getting Phoebe down there I walked down and realized they had taken off the Wheelchair companion signs on the adjoining seats, so I asked if people would mind moving over one seat and they were very gracious. Tom and I sat behind Phoebe in the 2nd row.

IMG_2925_Marco.thumb.jpg.fbd80746bffc1ebc394a88653af25aa8.jpg

Marco plays the "Emperor" in this production of Frozen in Time... and he is a King to me, for sure!

• Like 21

The Quest was something I thought Phoebe would enjoy (it had been awhile since I had been) and I wasn't wrong! It was a scream! Such high energy! Ran into some Bella Cruisers and told them about the lift. We ended up being on Team 6 and I believe the Bella's were Team 2? They were waving at us from across the way, lol!

Well, once again we get to the door of Studio B in advance and were told they don't have a wheelchair lift! What? Lol! Didn't we just do this dance yesterday? So I asked them to call Darwin to see. He responds, Yes, we are ready for Phoebe. So off we go! Everything is going just great... UNTIL? Phoebe is heading down the stairs, but a crew member sees that the end railing as been removed (as it must be for the lift to operate) and he puts it back! So Phoebe and Brittany bump into the railing which shorts out the lift and they are quite literally stuck! For about 20 minutes... Electricians and techs are working to free them. Eventually they disassembled part of the lift so Phoebe could be lifted out.  After that repairs were quick and now more people know about how that system operates. So maybe... for the future - another guest will be able to sit down front and not be told this doesn't exist. Because for sure at least a dozen people know about it now, lol! 

And this is important for Team 6 because Phoebe generated points for our team for being the only person dressed head to toe in white for Dress your Best night!!

(But conversely... I was pre-occupied with Phoebe being stuck and didn't run over to show my green underwear... which apparently I was the only one to have 'em on or fess up about it...so Team 6 got Zero points for that Quest, lol!) 😜

IMG_3112_white.thumb.jpg.309d8cfc831d6fd01b7b1796024772d5.jpg

Edited by CruiszBug
More info...
  • Like 26

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We're home, but I'm beat. No posting for a while, just wanted to catch up.

Drive took 6+ hours. Turnpike was a mess

Did want to add that Rory (M8) followed along and wanted to say hi to everyone 

Tell him I said hi.

3 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

…they have connected headsets hanging randomly in spots in the dining room if you want to listen in to air traffic control at the Miami airport. 

Had you stayed longer you might have heard Mike take off for Tel Aviv.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

The Miami marathon stuff from royal was a total farce?

Yes Royal messed up again. It was January 28/29th.

2 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Pat

Really wished we were there. It was to short of a cruise.

2 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

…Yourself and Ruth added a level of class and Royal sophistication to the group

Shiny and glitzy, the shoes the earrings the bags Top Top ladies

👍🏼

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What an EPIC cruise this was! Kudos to John, Sue, Greg, Andrew for organizing our cruise and keeping this thread current. Schooner Bar will never be the same for us until Bella Cruise 2. You are all a delightful group of friends that Jack and I loved meeting. Getting off the ship was a breeze in a wheelchair about 15 minutes from start to getting to our car. Unfortunately the Turnpike was a mess and we were stuck in super heavy traffic for 7 hours that should have taken 4 -1/2. No worries, we got a good night sleep at Hampton Inn in Gainesville. Onward home!! I hope all who are ailing are feeling better by now. 

Jack and I are looking forward to Bella Cruise 2. 

Take care all of you awesome friends. Hope your journeys home were safe.

I still have 40 pages left to read on this thread!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1