The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday March 14th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Sandi.

And thanks to for the impeccable Care & Celebration list keeper @JazzyVand our F & B department - @cat shepard@dfish@summer slope  Your work is appreciated every day. 👍 

I think I will celebrate Learn about Butterflies day.  I do like that Gershwin quote 👍. Well we visited a lot of places in Australia, Kangaroo Island was not one of them.

It’s a dreary day here - you can tell the storm is impending for sure.  But we don’t have any icebergs passing by - enjoy!

F4B8379A-02C7-4245-99F4-E59A1ED0E0BE.thumb.jpeg.bcace8b8c802ca358c09ee1322fff02d.jpeg

@bennybeara very happy birthday to you!  

2EDB0A03-678A-473C-825D-4C3A98C6CCB6.jpeg.8387689c827d26273cd081f745fad6b3.jpeg

@Mr. BostonWishing your Mum a happy birthday and a happy birthday to your brother @cat shepard

518756E0-732A-46C2-8E89-E6A7054EFC96.jpeg.e27f0fb1745de2dfdb6593eea90375be.jpeg

36 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Surprise surprise , Subaru called back and said yes I could sign the title with the judges order. They really want the car and are giving me a good price. I did not want to have the car at my house, It has been at my DDIL sisters house in storage.  My DGS always waited for his uncle by watching for his car. We did not want the constant reminder. 

that’s very good news and a relief, I am sure.  I totally understand not wanting that reminder. 💔 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a toast 🥂 to those on the Celebratory list. 

3270B44E-2DA5-4C6F-8EA3-7EE225701B65.jpeg.bf73fd7c92be13465507c42d07201233.jpeg

Have a great Tuesday everyone and stay safe in the weather on the West & East coast.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

Happy birthday to @bennybear and @StLouisCruisersDB! Graham @grapau27you celebrate in the best way. 

@JazzyVthanks for putting my DDs family on the care list. They are still quarantining but starting to feel better. DSIL needs to fly to Vegas on Saturday for work and dgs needs to make up the exam he missed. The university has a protocol in place so that missed exams due to Covid can be done once out of quarantine.

dental appointment this afternoon and then groceries for dd (porch drop) and us. Snow overnight but cold and sunny this morning. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I love butterflies; every time I see one, I'm reminded of a dear departed friend who always called them flutter-bys.  I'm a sucker for potato chips, although I prefer plain ones.  Pie?  If I could only have one, I'd have a peach pie made by my godmother; it was the best.  No, wait, maybe it was my mom's open faced rhubarb pie.  Yum!  You can probably tell why I never was invited into the skinny girls club.

We don't have clear skies yet, but the temperature certainly has moderated; right now we're sitting at -6C with only a ripple of wind, making it quite nice outside.  This morning I'm heading out to breakfast with a number of retired colleagues.  It's always nice getting together to see what's happening in their lives.  We never know from one month to the next how many will show up, but there are always at leas 4 of us to have a good chat.

@bennybearHappy Birthday; enjoy your next trip around the sun!

@StLouisCruisers and @Mr. Bostonplease wish your DB and Mom respectively a very Happy Birthday.

I'm going to take a pass on today's drink, as I don't care for rye or bourbon.  If someone wants to buy me a bottle of the wine, I'd love to try it!  I haven't made meat loaf in a while, so will put it on my upcoming list, but I think we'll be having panko crusted chicken breasts, parmesan baby potatoes and green beans at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for all who need them, with special thoughts to all in the path of Mother Nature's wrath.  Cheers to everyone with celebrations happening today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 3

I will happily celebrate all of the days.  I love butterflies and have plants in my garden that encourages them to visit.  I have planted milkweed especially for the monarchs.  I love potato chips but rarely buy them because of I do, I eat the entire bag in one sitting.  For my many Math teacher friends…092C37CE-E489-4394-9960-D605C578E25C.jpeg.96d1d6dc7368b5b043298007722579cf.jpeg

@marshhawk Last night, you asked about a $110 special dinner on your NA cruise in May.  I believe you are on a Culinary Cruise.  Here is some info from the HA website: Learn to slice, dice and sauté like a master at live cooking demonstrations, attend coffee chats and exclusive chef-hosted dinners*(this is probably the $110 dinner your friend is referring to), and taste their signature dishes. Share your passion with other aficionados on board. Return from your journey with new recipes and a new appreciation for a well-crafted meal.

Here is some info about the chef on your cruise from the HA website.Chef and Culinary Council member Andy Matsuda joins an Alaska voyage departing May 7, 2023. His delectable sushi is offered at Nami Sushi, Tamarind and Lido Market. Chef Andy also teaches aspiring chefs about Japanese cuisine. Try his Seared Albacore Tuna and Fried Soft-Shell Crab at Nami Sushi.

I would love to be on a Culinary Cruise!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Finished with my gym workout this morning and on the way home stopped to take a photo of the waterfall at the 18th hole of the golf course.  

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJbny7HmTBo-uJTaGezsL-6qCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1678798232

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is currently 33°F here in North East England at 09.40am a big difference from 80°F in Tenerife where we have been for Pauline's birthday.

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for today's reports.

Butterflies are really beautiful and do an important pollinating job for our flowers.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

Best regards for everyone on the care list.

Take care.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230314_093919.jpg

IMG_20230312_193115.jpg

IMG_20230309_153902.jpg

IMG_20230312_185505.jpg

IMG_20230309_164346.jpg

IMG_20230309_153648.jpg

IMG_20230309_153506.jpg

Your Tenerife resort looks so beautiful!  What a wonderful way to celebrate a special occasion.

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia

RMLincoln and DH testing positive for Covid

Superoma’s DD and her family testing positive for Covid

Durangoscots with the crud for a week

Cruzin Terri not feeling well

Ktbraun upcoming Cardiologist appointment

Luvteaching’s DH in the hospital

Cruzin Terri with pain from myofascial strain

Difficult days for Jacqui (kazu)

Citizens of Ukraine/CA deluged by snow and rain

From the rotation:

RMLincoln’s DH’s sensitivity to glaucoma meds and upcoming surgery

Marshhawk’s DH (Chuck)’s vision issues

Tana’s pulmonary issues 

Former President Jimmy Carter in home hospice care

Celebrations and Shout outs:

Happy Birthday Brenda (bennybear)!

Dfish getting adrenal issue addressed

Luvteaching’s DH doing well

StLouisCruiser’s DB’s medication for pulmonary fibrosis being paid for 100%

Smitty34877’s new aide for Tana

Cruzin Terri’s bathroom nearer to completion

Many Dailyites planning cruises

3 days for RedneckBob (Celebrity Constellation 3/17 to 3/27)

4 Days for DWAliaschief’s sisters cruise (Rotterdam 3/18 to3/29)

4 Days for Seagarsmoker (N Statendam 3/18 to 3/25)

7 days for Kplady (Grand Princess 3/21 to 4/28)

ottahand7 and Lindaler (Volendam to 3/18), Suslor (Zaandam to 3/18), Lady Hudson (Anthem of the Seas 3/19), Seasick Sailor and 57redbird (Koningsdam to 3/25), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

Thank you so much for the lists today and your mention of DB.

3 hours ago, TAW1963 said:

Good morning all and special thanks to those responsible and help to put out the daily fleet report.  It is good to be back and read this report and about the experiences and thoughts of all those who participate here.  

My DW and I just returned last night from a Western Caribbean cruise on the Ruby Princess.  We had a great time.  I will be posting a small report on some of our experiences a bit later.  @StLouisCruisers: we did eat at the International Cafe and I must say, it was a favorite go to spot for a quick bite to eat or snack.  As this was our second cruise ever, we learned more and more about what our personal likes and dislikes are.  I know we will enjoy our upcoming cruises (all on HAL ships) even more now with more experience behind us.  

I'm glad to hear you had such a great time on Ruby Princess.  Sounds like after cruise #2 you are hooked!

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Happy birthday to your brother Sandi.

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

Thank you very much Graham.  He would love it!

2 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for another interesting daily report. Butterflies are interesting creatures that are fun to watch. I can’t resist potato chips.  I always remember pi day as it’s my mom’s birthday, happy birthday mom!  Great quote and I love jazz!  I’ll pass on the meal as we had the real deal last evening. I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list I hope healing comes soon.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!

Happy Birthday to your Mom, @Mr. Boston

Free Happy Birthday Card Beside Flower, Thread, Box, and Macaroons Stock Photo

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you Rich, Sandi, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, Ann, and fellow dailyites,  Welcome home @grapau27 and @TAW1963.  Happy Birthday @bennybear and Sandi's DB.  Wishing @RMLincoln  a quick recovery.  I'll celebrate butterflies, potato chips Pi and pie.  Love the Gershwin quote but will pass on the meatloaf.  I haven't been to Kangaroo Island.

Slept well again last night.

Roy

Glad to hear of your good rest last night.  I've been taking one Benadryl at night and sleeping much better too.

2 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

I slept in!🙂

It's snowing again.  Bertie and I will head out for a walk when it's light out.  Now that we are on Daylight Saving Time, the sun comes up late for a while.

A great collection of days.  Butterflies are wonderful.  I love potato chips.  Happy Pi Day.

Love the quote.

Not sure about the meal, I'll wait until I see a recipe or 2.

I know I'll like the drink, hope the wine is good too.

Thanks for the pictures of today's port.

Prayers for everyone.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

@bennybear Happy Birthday! 🎂

@StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to your DB 🎂

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes, Melanie.

1 hour ago, GTVCRUISER said:

Happy Pie Day 🙂 

pieboat.JPG

That is a work of art!

49 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Happy Birthday to Brenda @bennybear

and Happy Birthday to  @Mr. Boston’s mom

A banana cream pie was requested for Pi Day today and I will start that soon. It is snowing here but will not accumulate much. I have enlisted the aid of DSIL for later today. He will drive DH to his appointment in the afternoon. I have lost my ability to drive in snow/ice and find myself way too worried about it. I used to have to drive to work in the worst conditions and just did it. I am glad that I have volunteers around here to help.

Yesterday went fairly well all things considered. It is hard for someone who knew Tana when she was well to be with her now. The equipment can be a little daunting and the need for rest periods after any small activity  is a factor as well.The lovely woman hugged us both when she was leaving and we hope she will return on Wednesday.

Our teenager requested baked ziti for dinner and we are starting to get that together now.

Be careful today if in the path of the storm.

I'm encouraged hearing about the latest aide.  Sounds like a keeper.

46 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning! This will be quick as I’m heading for a dental appointment in a few minutes. Repaired tooth from recent visit feels high and needs to be sanded down a tad.

It’s 41 degrees this morning so that is a definite change from our recent record high temp days.

Thanks to all who contribute.

Bruce

image.jpeg.62cf77a69e82359a96daa98d2b819de6.jpegimage.jpeg.36eb4c8351e6d210f194a7019e9d3fc7.jpegimage.jpeg.e3f2984f67d7f22a213936d40ecc0877.jpegimage.jpeg.23dddfea78c50e48a33af6383bac15ec.jpegimage.jpeg.d6d181ef7bad67a90205ec091a1cd5f8.jpeg

Another batch of crazy memes!   Thank you.

25 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

and a very Happy Birthday  to Sandi's  DB!

Thanks a bunch Terry!

20 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I love butterflies; every time I see one, I'm reminded of a dear departed friend who always called them flutter-bys.  I'm a sucker for potato chips, although I prefer plain ones.  Pie?  If I could only have one, I'd have a peach pie made by my godmother; it was the best.  No, wait, maybe it was my mom's open faced rhubarb pie.  Yum!  You can probably tell why I never was invited into the skinny girls club.

We don't have clear skies yet, but the temperature certainly has moderated; right now we're sitting at -6C with only a ripple of wind, making it quite nice outside.  This morning I'm heading out to breakfast with a number of retired colleagues.  It's always nice getting together to see what's happening in their lives.  We never know from one month to the next how many will show up, but there are always at leas 4 of us to have a good chat.

@bennybearHappy Birthday; enjoy your next trip around the sun!

@StLouisCruisers and @Mr. Bostonplease wish your DB and Mom respectively a very Happy Birthday.

I'm going to take a pass on today's drink, as I don't care for rye or bourbon.  If someone wants to buy me a bottle of the wine, I'd love to try it!  I haven't made meat loaf in a while, so will put it on my upcoming list, but I think we'll be having panko crusted chicken breasts, parmesan baby potatoes and green beans at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for all who need them, with special thoughts to all in the path of Mother Nature's wrath.  Cheers to everyone with celebrations happening today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Many thanks to you too, Gerry.  DB will appreciate it.

19 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@Mr. Boston  For your mother.

HBWine.jpg.ec4f8687663a12c7dcc16e8e86677fed.jpg

@StLouisCruisers  For your DB.

HBBalloons.jpg.a7699652f0ebd4759e80d1f351dd1599.jpg

Lenda

I'll be sure to let DB know of all the kind people's wishes here.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

I am learning about butterflies and will be planting more host plants for them this spring. I like potato chips a little too much. Pie is probably not on the horizon--I lost 5 pounds during the covid and noro episodes and don't want to regain them.

I'll pass on the paleo meatloaf. Paleo as a whole doesn't impress me: it seems to focus too much on meat, while I seem to do better on a varied diet. I'd be pleased to have an Old Fashioned, but I think the flavors blend better when it's made with brandy. Just thinking about the price of the wine makes me dizzy.

The forecast was for 4 to 7 inches of YKW but the accumulation so far is just an inch. There could be more during the day. My school district is open but some rural ones are closed or starting late.

I started looking for flights back from Fort Lauderdale after the Spanish Farewell. I'll need to fly on Delta where I get a free checked bag, and there are routes via Atlanta, Detroit, and the NYC airports. The Detroit route is the most efficient and least annoying, but the connection time is short and it would probably require changing concourses, so I may choose Atlanta.

rhino.jpg.5d653966a58553c344588a4c049935b3.jpg

• Like 20
  • Haha 8

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Butterflies are beautiful and interesting. I can take or leave potato chips. I forgot it was Pi day! I have a Pi day T-shirt I could have put on. Interesting quote. I like the meal, pass on the drink and wine ($$$).

I haven't been to Kangaroo Island.

It's in the 20's this AM, with wind chills in the teens. We got about an inch of snow overnight. At the viewing I went to yesterday afternoon, I knew there would be lots of people. So I wore a mask (I was the only one doing so). Not only to try to stay well, but I have to do a Covid self-test for my upcoming TA.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for starting us up. I woke up at 5 and looked, but you hadn't posted yet. So I fell back asleep, posted at 6, then fell back asleep again until 7:30. Happy Birthday to your DB!

@grapau27 It looks like you and Pauline had a great birthday trip.

@TAW1963 Welcome home!

@Mr. Boston Happy Birthday to your Mom!

@rafinmd Good to hear you slept well, Roy.

@cruising sister Good news about the car. My BFF just had some rigamarole with getting his late Dad's car put into his name. Hugs to you as you ride in Ruby in memory of your DH.

@smitty34877 I'm glad DSIL is helping out. Like you, being in healthcare I had to drive regardless of weather, sometimes white-knuckling it; that's one perk of retirement, I can stay in unless I have an appointment that can't be rescheduled. I hope the new aide stays, as it sounds like she's a good fit.

@kazu I hope your weather doesn't get too terrible today.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Be well everyone.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 7

@bennybear. Happy birthday!  🍾🎂

@dfish Have you tried Heinz No Sugar Added? It is decent. 

We are cooling our heels waiting for the massive line for immigration. Jeremy just came on and said the line still 15 minutes.  We had no set plans to go ashore.  We will play it by ear.  I can always lay by the pool and watch the yachts go by.  

Thanks for the Daily Reports and @JazzyVthank you for the cares report.  Prayers for all on it and for the people of Ukraine. 

Dominica was beautiful yesterday. It was our first time there.  We did a natural beauty tour and Carib peoples.  Very clean and nice people. For butterfly day today and a few of Dominica. 

FB_IMG_1678795581714.jpg

FB_IMG_1678795595830.jpg

FB_IMG_1678795604006.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is currently 33°F here in North East England at 09.40am a big difference from 80°F in Tenerife where we have been for Pauline's birthday.

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for today's reports.

Butterflies are really beautiful and do an important pollinating job for our flowers.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

Best regards for everyone on the care list.

Take care.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230314_093919.jpg

IMG_20230312_193115.jpg

IMG_20230309_153902.jpg

IMG_20230312_185505.jpg

IMG_20230309_164346.jpg

IMG_20230309_153648.jpg

IMG_20230309_153506.jpg

Nice photos including your feet! 🤥🤥🤥. I rode a camel somewhere around those bird islands 😀

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Butterflies are beautiful and interesting. I can take or leave potato chips. I forgot it was Pi day! I have a Pi day T-shirt I could have put on. Interesting quote. I like the meal, pass on the drink and wine ($$$).

I haven't been to Kangaroo Island.

It's in the 20's this AM, with wind chills in the teens. We got about an inch of snow overnight. At the viewing I went to yesterday afternoon, I knew there would be lots of people. So I wore a mask (I was the only one doing so). Not only to try to stay well, but I have to do a Covid self-test for my upcoming TA.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for starting us up. I woke up at 5 and looked, but you hadn't posted yet. So I fell back asleep, posted at 6, then fell back asleep again until 7:30. Happy Birthday to your DB!

@grapau27 It looks like you and Pauline had a great birthday trip.

@TAW1963 Welcome home!

@Mr. Boston Happy Birthday to your Mom!

@rafinmd Good to hear you slept well, Roy.

@cruising sister Good news about the car. My BFF just had some rigamarole with getting his late Dad's car put into his name. Hugs to you as you ride in Ruby in memory of your DH.

@smitty34877 I'm glad DSIL is helping out. Like you, being in healthcare I had to drive regardless of weather, sometimes white-knuckling it; that's one perk of retirement, I can stay in unless I have an appointment that can't be rescheduled. I hope the new aide stays, as it sounds like she's a good fit.

@kazu I hope your weather doesn't get too terrible today.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Be well everyone.

Normally I've been posting right about 5 am but today I had to double check three ships to make sure I should be changing their destinations or not.  Volendam switched the final two ports of the Grand South America/Antarctica cruise.  Nieuw Amsterdam has been switched around for about two weeks now.  And I'm not sure why but the Rotterdam is doing a different itinerary than shown on halfacts.com/Daily.  So I think I posted around 5:10 thereabouts.  Lucky you being able to get those extra ZZZ's this morning.  Thanks for DB's birthday wishes.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Good morning from a gray and wet central Texas.  We got some rain overnight, but so far not enough to measure.  There may be a few more passing showers.  It is currently 41F. and we may reach 57F this afternoon.

I will gladly celebrate all three days.  Butterflies are interesting to watch.  Several years ago, the Monarch butterfly migration came through our yard in Quartzsite, and it was amazing.  My father also called butterflies, flutterbies.  Potato chips go well with sandwiches and hamburgers.  PI day is interesting, and we'd also celebrate with a pie if we weren't still working on birthday cake.

George Gershwin's quote is good, and improvising does add zest to life.

Since we had meatloaf last week, we'll skip the Paleo meatloaf today.  I make meatloaf using my mother's recipe which calls for broken crackers instead of breadcrumbs.  We'll also pass on the drink, but would love to taste the wine, if only it wasn't so pricey.

We have not been to Kangaroo Island, but would love to see it someday.

@StLouisCruisers  Thanks for the waterfall picture.  BTW, it is possible to eat just one potato chip, especially if you are bribed.  I took an advertising class at UT during the height of the "Bet you can't eat just one" ad campaign.  About once every two weeks, the professor would hand two potato chips to four or five students.  We were told we could eat one, and if we still had the other chip at the end of the class, he'd take us to the Union for coffee.  So there we sat through the entire class with one potato chip sitting on the desk begging to be eaten.

@grapau27  Graham, thank you for all the lovely pictures from your recent trip, especially the lovely one of Pauline.  We've liked our two stops in Tenerife.

@TAW1963  I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise on Ruby Princess.  We have sailed a total of 81 days on her and think she is a lovely ship.  HAL is our cruise line of choice, but Princess occasionally offers some very unique itineraries.

@rafinmd  Roy, I don't want to jinx you by saying too much, but I'm happy you are sleeping better.

@cruising sister  Lorraine, that is good news Subaru agreed to buy the car and that they are offering a good price for the car.  I can understand not wanting the car as a constant reminder of your loss especially for your DGS.  Hopefully, the deposit for the Legendary Amazon trip in 2025 will come down.  That sounds more like the deposit for the world cruise.  A suggestion, if Ruby will start take her in to have her battery checked.  We've done that at Wal-Mart with a couple of cars when the battery was acting up.  This will give you an idea whether or not she needs a new battery.

@cat shepard  Ann, the one time I tried to give a cat a pill by myself, I felt like your meme afterwards.  I'm still not sure if the pill went down or was lost somewhere.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm glad the aide worked out yesterday, and I too hope she's back tomorrow.  It must be difficult helping someone you worked with though.  Glad DSIL will drive your DH to the doctor's appointment.  I hope all goes well for him.

@aliaschief  More great memes today, Bruce.  I hope all goes well at the dentist today.

@dfish  Debbie, thanks for the definition of the Paleo diet.

@superoma  Eva, I'm glad your family is beginning to feel better.

@ger_77  Gerry, enjoy your breakfast with your former colleagues.

@0106  The culinary dinner sounds like the one @marshhawk Annie was asking about.  The only one I could think of was the Cellar Master dinner.

@kochleffel  Paul, we flew through Detroit on Delta with a tight connection that was tighter since our incoming flight was late.  Both gates were in the same building and just down the hall from each other.  We made the flight and so did our luggage.

@ottahand7  Nancy, thanks for the pictures from Dominica.

Lenda

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Happy Tuesday Morning Dailyites!  Happy Pi Day, although I really wish it was Pie day,  hoping that a cherry pie will somehow make it to the house.....dream on.  Love the quote.  Improvising is the necessary item to beat extinction.   Back in one of my other lives, when I was a musician, I had a back up guitarist who hit the bottle a lot, and would make mistakes, I would turn to him and glare, and he would say "jazz". 

We had meatloaf last night, which means meatloaf for lunch, and meatloaf sandwiches for tomorrow.

I put BBQ sauce on it.  Yummy.  

DH, bad vision and all decided to drive himself to Home Depot to get something to fix two dripping faucets.  He also needed to get gas, I hope he remembers that he will be out of gas if he didn't stop there first, and he went to get smokes, and he's been gone an hour and a half.  For a one hour trip...Today is our busiest sales day of the year, CYO 3 or more go on sale,  I typed up the forms that need to be completed before we enter an order, and we are ready to go....

Dog will be walked before I start, and I start at noon today.

Our neighbors finally got back from Vietnam yesterday.

My friend Theresa called and invited us to dinner on Sunday.

I hope you all have a great day, and I'll check in when I can later sometime today..

HUGS!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

I think I should have thought a little bit more about my caterpillar pictures.  They are from Home Grown National Park.  More about caterpillars being eaten by birds.  Have a great Tuesday. We were some of the last 95 to get through immigration.  I couldn't believe how long the line was this morning when I went down to Guest Services. It began at the Main Stage and snaked double back to the aft elevator and then back again to the forward elevators.  Everyone wanted to go ashore.  I will spend my afternoon at the pool watching yachts go by lime this one just arriving. 

IMG_20230314_104323500_HDR.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

My all time record dental appointment. In the chair and out in five minutes! Today we are having a dinner favorite. A New England Corn Beef dinner. Funny as a child I hated this meal and now it’s one of my favorite meals.

We have a pretty good breeze going outdoors and I hope that the oak trees will finish shedding their leaves as the yard has looked messy for three weeks. It’s not worth my time for raking.

Already been to appointment, made new appointments, grocery shopped and I think that’s pretty much it. Time for some reading and just maybe a short nap.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

image.jpeg.592fadbee7b7f3e60121b0a05d15f710.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Haha 9

44 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a gray and wet central Texas.  We got some rain overnight, but so far not enough to measure.  There may be a few more passing showers.  It is currently 41F. and we may reach 57F this afternoon.

I will gladly celebrate all three days.  Butterflies are interesting to watch.  Several years ago, the Monarch butterfly migration came through our yard in Quartzsite, and it was amazing.  My father also called butterflies, flutterbies.  Potato chips go well with sandwiches and hamburgers.  PI day is interesting, and we'd also celebrate with a pie if we weren't still working on birthday cake.

George Gershwin's quote is good, and improvising does add zest to life.

Since we had meatloaf last week, we'll skip the Paleo meatloaf today.  I make meatloaf using my mother's recipe which calls for broken crackers instead of breadcrumbs.  We'll also pass on the drink, but would love to taste the wine, if only it wasn't so pricey.

We have not been to Kangaroo Island, but would love to see it someday.

@StLouisCruisers  Thanks for the waterfall picture.  BTW, it is possible to eat just one potato chip, especially if you are bribed.  I took an advertising class at UT during the height of the "Bet you can't eat just one" ad campaign.  About once every two weeks, the professor would hand two potato chips to four or five students.  We were told we could eat one, and if we still had the other chip at the end of the class, he'd take us to the Union for coffee.  So there we sat through the entire class with one potato chip sitting on the desk begging to be eaten.

@grapau27  Graham, thank you for all the lovely pictures from your recent trip, especially the lovely one of Pauline.  We've liked our two stops in Tenerife.

@TAW1963  I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise on Ruby Princess.  We have sailed a total of 81 days on her and think she is a lovely ship.  HAL is our cruise line of choice, but Princess occasionally offers some very unique itineraries.

@rafinmd  Roy, I don't want to jinx you by saying too much, but I'm happy you are sleeping better.

@cruising sister  Lorraine, that is good news Subaru agreed to buy the car and that they are offering a good price for the car.  I can understand not wanting the car as a constant reminder of your loss especially for your DGS.  Hopefully, the deposit for the Legendary Amazon trip in 2025 will come down.  That sounds more like the deposit for the world cruise.  A suggestion, if Ruby will start take her in to have her battery checked.  We've done that at Wal-Mart with a couple of cars when the battery was acting up.  This will give you an idea whether or not she needs a new battery.

@cat shepard  Ann, the one time I tried to give a cat a pill by myself, I felt like your meme afterwards.  I'm still not sure if the pill went down or was lost somewhere.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm glad the aide worked out yesterday, and I too hope she's back tomorrow.  It must be difficult helping someone you worked with though.  Glad DSIL will drive your DH to the doctor's appointment.  I hope all goes well for him.

@aliaschief  More great memes today, Bruce.  I hope all goes well at the dentist today.

@dfish  Debbie, thanks for the definition of the Paleo diet.

@superoma  Eva, I'm glad your family is beginning to feel better.

@ger_77  Gerry, enjoy your breakfast with your former colleagues.

@0106  The culinary dinner sounds like the one @marshhawk Annie was asking about.  The only one I could think of was the Cellar Master dinner.

@kochleffel  Paul, we flew through Detroit on Delta with a tight connection that was tighter since our incoming flight was late.  Both gates were in the same building and just down the hall from each other.  We made the flight and so did our luggage.

@ottahand7  Nancy, thanks for the pictures from Dominica.

Lenda

Thank you Lenda.

Pauline said thank you for all her good wishes yesterday for her 61st birthday.

Graham.

IMG_20230308_160430.jpg

• Like 21

Good Morning from a sunny but cool day at the beach

I love watching Butterflies. They are so pretty and peaceful. 

We went to Kangaroo Island on our last trip. Unfortunately, didnt turn out as expected. I had booked a great ( and expensive) tour thru HAL that was cancelled the day before. I was really looking forward to it. But I am by nature a very positive person so not to be deterred I found something else. Wasnt exactly what I wanted but at least I would see the island.  Well the seas were rough and our Captain finally decided we could tender, it was after 1pm. It was a red hot mess. People missed excursions. Coming back to the ship was worse.  But we made it to the island and had a great afternoon.  I will post some pictures from my phone. We stopped at a Winery that was beautiful. There was a driving range at the back. So son and I had to hit a bucket of balls! LOL.  

@bennybear A very Happy Birthday to you. May you have many more.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

@JazzyV Thanks for having DH on both lists! It's very kind of you. 

DH update - looks like we've dodged the "skilled nursing" bullet. PT finally came in yesterday afternoon and had him transfer from bed to wheelchair, wheelchair to mat table, and then stand at the bed. He did those tasks fairly well so the consensus is he can come home in a few days rather than skilled nursing! Yay! He wanted to come home by 5:00 PM yesterday and he wasn't happy with my explanation. 

Today I take in his wheelchair so he can practice transferring with that. We're going to meet with the palliative care doctor for an informational meeting about what that entails. DH has a sign outside his door now "Do not leave any food or drink in the room". He's setting off alarms if he sees a pudding cup or applesauce somewhere on the computer stand (they use them for giving him some meds still) and he wants it! I just laughed when I saw that. 

DH is being much more verbal and starting to advocate for himself which I'm loving. This is better than he's been in a few months. He's also off IV antibiotics and on oral meds. As for me - I did water aerobics yesterday and spent time with him. Today I'll make sugar cookies to take to the staff and head out by 11:00. 

Thanks for all the good thoughts and for reading my epistles! 

Karen

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1