Cabin Door Slammers on the Sapphire!

LACruiser88

We are currently onboard the Sapphire and I want to throw our neighbor overboard!  Just kidding, but I'm not happy.

This morning at 5:00 am our neighbors let their cabin door slam not once, not twice, but three times in a matter of 10 minutes.

We are always very careful to hold onto the cabin door and carefully (and quietly) close it.  We have heard our neighbors door slam during the day, which is also very annoying, but come on at 5 am!

Funny, as I'm writing this their door slammed again (it's now 8:30 am).  I have spoken to prior door slamming neighbors in the past with not so positive results.

Ok, I feel better.  Thank you for letting me rant.  🙂

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

In the past we mentioned this sort of thing to our steward, who then has had a quiet word with the offenders. The steward can say he has had compaints from various passengers in the corridor, so your anonymity is maintained.

Worth a try ?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

We had this issue as well on the Regal. We were next door to a family of six passengers. Supposed to be Mom and child in the mini suite next to ours and Dad and other three kids in the inside cabin across the hall. Well, you know it really turned out to be Mom and Dad in the mini suite and all four kids across the hall. The kids kept running back and forth slamming the doors at all hours. One day the Mom jokingly "apologized" for her kids' behavior, but never did anything about it.

I never thought of saying something to the room steward. I'm sure they'd know it was us who complained.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, wowzz said:

In the past we mentioned this sort of thing to our steward, who then has had a quiet word with the offenders. The steward can say he has had compaints from various passengers in the corridor, so your anonymity is maintained.

Worth a try ?

We had that conversation with our room steward a couple of days ago.  We will revisit the topic with him today. 

Luckily for us, our neighbors disembark this coming Saturday. We stay on for an additional 18 days.

• Like 6

I agree - leave a note on their door.

When cruising started up again, we boarded the ship and unpacking our suitcases and two ladies entered the cabin next door - they were banging their stuff around and talking so loud we could hear everything - it was like we were in the same cabin.   I told my husband that I was going to say something, but he said to wait.  We waited and it continued.  Later that day when ship was leaving the port I was on the balcony to watch and one of the women came out on their balcony.

She looked over at me and said - I hope we aren't very loud ?.  (now if you have to ask then you know you are).  I said - yes, you are being very loud and it would be nice if you would tone it done.

We had very quiet neighbors for the rest of the trip.  I think this was the Emerald

• Like 3

I frequently am in / out of my room from 5AM to 7AM for workouts.  Sometimes our door closes forcefully to ensure the locking mechanism is fully engaged and recognized by the Medallion system.  That being said, the time of day is irrelevant.  I get annoyed at noisy neighbors walking halls cackling after 8PM or 9PM as we wake early.  We all have to understand that our normal is not necessarily others' normal.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dweidensaul said:

I frequently am in / out of my room from 5AM to 7AM for workouts.  Sometimes our door closes forcefully to ensure the locking mechanism is fully engaged and recognized by the Medallion system.  That being said, the time of day is irrelevant.  I get annoyed at noisy neighbors walking halls cackling after 8PM or 9PM as we wake early.  We all have to understand that our normal is not necessarily others' normal.  

I agree about differences in normal. But there is absolutely no need to allow a cabin door to slam shut. Just a firm pull once the door is in place is all that is required. 

If someone is unable to close their door quietly at 5am, I for one would be complaining to the deck manager.

• Like 8

@LACruiser88 feel your frustration with your next door neighbor door slammer. But perhaps there is a reason for this happening so many times. Like others have said ,maybe their balcony door is open and it just catches the wind with the cabin door part, maybe the person doesn’t weigh very much and the door is too heavy for them ?

well I hope by now you  have figured it out or perhaps just contact guest services and or security and see if something can be done to quiet your door slammers down.

1 hour ago, arizonaperson said:

@LACruiser88 feel your frustration with your next door neighbor door slammer. But perhaps there is a reason for this happening so many times. Like others have said ,maybe their balcony door is open and it just catches the wind with the cabin door part, maybe the person doesn’t weigh very much and the door is too heavy for them ?

well I hope by now you  have figured it out or perhaps just contact guest services and or security and see if something can be done to quiet your door slammers down.

Our room steward had another talk with them today and he advised that they are not keeping their balcony door open.  The past 5 days have been very cold and windy. Remember we are just above the Antarctic Circle, currently traversing the Straits of Magellan

20230314_144252.jpg

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Have to tell a funny story here. On one of our cruises the couple next door were fairly loud and often had their TV blaring. One night there was a noise coming from what I assumed was a drawer they'd left open. The ship was rocking pretty good and it was slamming back and forth with the ship and they weren't in the cabin. Called security and asked them to check if a drawer open or something, but that didn't resolve the problem. All night bang, bang. The next day I opened our fridge and found the slamming drawe. It was  some cans of soda that had been placed in the fridge so they were rolling back and forth with the rocking of the ship and banging! Thank goodness I didn't go banging on their door!

Edited by cjpj
  • Like 1
  • Haha 11

On my last cruise on Emerald one day I heard all these slamming doors.  I finally poked my head out and asked the steward what was going on.  It was HIM slamming the doors.  He said he was checking them so he was opening and slamming every door in the vicinity.  WTH.  I was completely disgusted and still am.  

9 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Update:  Since our room steward spoke with our neighbors yesterday afternoon, all we hear now is a light clicking sound of their door closing.  

Peace and quiet has been restored!  🙂

Excellent news !

Your steward deserves a special thank you! 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Update:  Since our room steward spoke with our neighbors yesterday afternoon, all we hear now is a light clicking sound of their door closing.  

Peace and quiet has been restored!  🙂

You must have really good ears. But, now it's time to move on to next complaint - Room service plates left on deck outside door.

Edited by billco
  • Haha 6