Concierge Class C2

runner2013

Hi all, 

We are planning on a Christmas cruise (no offense to those who don't observe:) on the Equinox this year. We've never been on Celebrity but always wanted to try so we decided to take the plunge.  I would like to surprise DH with a cabin in the Concierge class instead of a 'regular' balcony and wanted to know is it worth the extra money? From what I've read, we would enjoy just about all the little perks that come with the cabin class except for the debarkation lounge. We prefer to walk off with our suitcases.  

Any thought or advice appreciated.

Tia

We like Concierge. The levels of Concierge have recently changed, the angled (larger balconies on the bump out) are now classified as Prime Concierge; they’re worth it to us.  The location on the ship is convenient to everything. You can request a fruit/cheese plate instead of the canapés. The embarkation lunch is lovely (no elbowing others at the buffet). Select an early boarding time during onboard checkin & get on board around 11. Lunch is normally 1130-1330. Your seapass card (used for everything on board) will be on your door. Put your carryon bag in your cabin (put your valuables in your safe), do your online muster drill & go explore the ship. 

33 minutes ago, runner2013 said:

Hi all, 

We are planning on a Christmas cruise (no offense to those who don't observe:) on the Equinox this year. We've never been on Celebrity but always wanted to try so we decided to take the plunge.  I would like to surprise DH with a cabin in the Concierge class instead of a 'regular' balcony and wanted to know is it worth the extra money? From what I've read, we would enjoy just about all the little perks that come with the cabin class except for the debarkation lounge. We prefer to walk off with our suitcases.  

Any thought or advice appreciated.

Tia

Technically the answer depends on how much extra you are paying per person per night.

Also sometimes if you want a certain cabin in a certain location, you may end up having to pay for Concierge Class. Usually Concierge Class cabins are in the better locations on the ship. 

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, runner2013 said:

I would like to surprise DH with a cabin in the Concierge class instead of a 'regular' balcony

IMO there are so few benefits to Concierge Class that your husband may not even notice the difference. I’m not sure how much surprise value there would be. 

You: “Surprise!”

Him: “What’s the surprise?”

You: “This cabin comes with extra Captain’s Club points!”

Him: …

😂😂

• Haha 1

The Embarkation lunch in the MDR is one of my favorite Concierge perks!  I also request our free bottle of bubbly and two champagne flutes to enjoy on our balcony on a sea day.  Add to that, you may be invited with suite passengers to a sail away from a port on the helipad (free bubbly!).  And yes, the extra points will get you to move faster in the Captain's Club towards better rewards!  

I hope you will love sailing with Celebrity! 

35 minutes ago, Saturngrl said:

The Embarkation lunch in the MDR is one of my favorite Concierge perks!  I also request our free bottle of bubbly and two champagne flutes to enjoy on our balcony on a sea day.  Add to that, you may be invited with suite passengers to a sail away from a port on the helipad (free bubbly!).  And yes, the extra points will get you to move faster in the Captain's Club towards better rewards!  

I hope you will love sailing with Celebrity! 

Do you know if you can just order a sandwich for lunch. My husband eats very light.

I do not know how accurate it is, but we are sailing in Concierge next month and found the menu for embarkation lunch on the ap under loyalty and suites. Our menu includes butternut squash soup or Caesar salad as starters; roast salmon, short ribs,, grilled chicken, or penne pasta as entrees; chocolate cake or apple pie as desserts; wine selections for $$.