enough is enough

Brucerw

42 minutes ago, nijh said:

I think it’s the listing that shows under posts you’re after.

Click on your profile avatar, then Profile > Account Settings > Signature.

Enter and format it in the Signature box

thank you 🙂

25 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

In your cruise personalizer on the Princess website—sign in and then click on My Account.  All of your upcoming cruises will be listed.  Click on the Manage My Cruise button to access each voyage.

You can also find upcoming cruises on the medallion app.

Oh on the princess site I am very familiar with how to get the info. Thank you! 

10 hours ago, Brucerw said:

please enjoy the eye candy....In 16 days I will get a chance to enjoy some of these.....not sure if I can do the sugar overload. Originally, I had planned to take the suckers home to my grand girls and the lil bottle of booze to my son. But I am now told they add the shot to the dessert and the sucker is not wrapped. It is the over the top cake I really want to try. Might as make the best of it as I am out of pocket an extra 424 dollars.

dessertspack.jpg

Did you get the above menu from an Australian member, or?  I am sure I saw one of these posted - or a partial menu - and the prices were $12 and $14.

16 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Did you get the above menu from an Australian member, or?  I am sure I saw one of these posted - or a partial menu - and the prices were $12 and $14.

No I got it off a group I used to be in on fb. I have seen a few of these now. The most disappointing thing for me was it was suppose to come with wrapped suckers and lil bottles of alcohol. Because of my health I do not really drink. I figured if that was the case then the suckers for grand babies and booze for my son. It is the cakes that interest me. I also shared the desserts from the MDR when I went. Shame princess had to screw all my plans up. I really was looking at getting to elite status....I get obsessed per my wife. Now another six months of research and hopefully I will find a cruise line worthy of my loyalty. Happy cruising....If you are an aussie, I am hoping to be in your neck of the world woods end of the year. 

21 minutes ago, Brucerw said:

No I got it off a group I used to be in on fb. I have seen a few of these now. The most disappointing thing for me was it was suppose to come with wrapped suckers and lil bottles of alcohol. Because of my health I do not really drink. I figured if that was the case then the suckers for grand babies and booze for my son. It is the cakes that interest me. I also shared the desserts from the MDR when I went. Shame princess had to screw all my plans up. I really was looking at getting to elite status....I get obsessed per my wife. Now another six months of research and hopefully I will find a cruise line worthy of my loyalty. Happy cruising....If you are an aussie, I am hoping to be in your neck of the world woods end of the year. 

No (see my CC avatar and I am from Ontario, Canada).  Perhaps I am wrong, but thought I saw a photo of those ice cream sundaes with the prices I mentioned.  I recall thinking if I was on the ship we might share one, but $12 is a lot for some dressed up ice cream or gelato.  At $18, no way - I don't see the value over just ordering a dish or cone of gelato.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

No (see my CC avatar and I am from Ontario, Canada).  Perhaps I am wrong, but thought I saw a photo of those ice cream sundaes with the prices I mentioned.  I recall thinking if I was on the ship we might share one, but $12 is a lot for some dressed up ice cream or gelato.  At $18, no way - I don't see the value over just ordering a dish or cone of gelato.

It was just one more thing Princess put out there because they where raising prices. I chose to get the premier package that was part of what started this whole thing in case my wife would want something. I have a bad heart, so I am not suppose to drink. I am diabetic so my sugar intake is continually monitored. I will probably enjoy a cake with the cherries. I would not pay 18 dollars either for one but as part of the package? ya maybe. I am getting a whole new appreciation for people whoc an sort through all the different plans. So far VV seems to be my next cruise line. I need to get more info about how crowded entertainment is excursion costs etc. I love the fact that soft drinks are included, but not mock drinks. As is tips etc.

41 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Perhaps I am wrong, but thought I saw a photo of those ice cream sundaes with the prices I mentioned.  I recall thinking if I was on the ship we might share one, but $12 is a lot for some dressed up ice cream or gelato.  At $18, no way - I don't see the value over just ordering a dish or cone of gelato.

They are on the ships at those prices. But some are included with the Princess Plus and Princess Premier package options (not the just beverage package ones, the plus and premier that include grats and wifi along with the beverage package. Yeah, Princess being confusing to some). 2 free per day with Plus, unlimited with Premier I think.

38 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

They are on the ships at those prices. But some are included with the Princess Plus and Princess Premier package options (not the just beverage package ones, the plus and premier that include grats and wifi along with the beverage package. Yeah, Princess being confusing to some). 2 free per day with Plus, unlimited with Premier I think.

Yes, I know about the inclusion in cruise fare packages.  They are also available for a price if not on a package.  Which prices did you mean - the lower or the higher?

36 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, I know about the inclusion in cruise fare packages.  They are also available for a price if not on a package.  Which prices did you mean - the lower or the higher?

Prices I saw on a video were $12 without alcohol and $14 with alcohol for the Sundae types. Juice bar had the $8 to $18 prices, with most around $12. Cake may have been $4, but don't hold me to that one:)

• Thanks 1

First time to post pictures so hope it is correct.  On the Regal Princess now and these are the prices for the special desserts.  All are $12 US and no prices I saw for adding the small bottle of alcohol.  This is a picture of the Godfather and didn't look bad but don't think I could do 2 a day.  Reminded me of a milk shake. /Asked about the glasses and they are pre dipped with chocolate in this type of a glass.  I wanted to be on a ship and see the actual dessert before making a decision on what the dessert might be like.

Godfather.JPG.7ebec9f52dde536468afb5df71f878e1.JPGCapture.thumb.JPG.11e49c15529dbaa25207fad04f19115e.JPG

Edited by coo359a2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

All are $12 US and no prices I saw for adding the small bottle of alcohol.

Look in the description in the picture you posted. For just $2 you can add a shot of your favorite liquor to pair with it.

I don't suppose they would give me a Macallan 25 for that $2 😋. Thanks for the pic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedIguana said:

Look in the description in the picture you posted. For just $2 you can add a shot of your favorite liquor to pair with it.

I don't suppose they would give me a Macallan 25 for that $2 😋. Thanks for the pic.

Gee, didn't think to read the not so small print.  Thanks for pointing it out.  Since this is a spring break cruise, the Ship even ran out of the soft serve ice cream.  Went up yesterday for a cone and they were using regular ice cream - cookies and cream for me.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

First time to post pictures so hope it is correct.  On the Regal Princess now and these are the prices for the special desserts.  All are $12 US and no prices I saw for adding the small bottle of alcohol.  This is a picture of the Godfather and didn't look bad but don't think I could do 2 a day.  Reminded me of a milk shake. /Asked about the glasses and they are pre dipped with chocolate in this type of a glass.  I wanted to be on a ship and see the actual dessert before making a decision on what the dessert might be like.

Godfather.JPG.7ebec9f52dde536468afb5df71f878e1.JPGCapture.thumb.JPG.11e49c15529dbaa25207fad04f19115e.JPG

I will be on the Ruby in a few weeks. I am wondering where other than swirls you can get these or the cakes. I really was getting happy figuring the lil bottles of booze I could take home to my son. and as the lillipop was wrapped brought home for the grand babies. Now it is only a shot and unwrapped suckers. Oh well The free medallion holder is not worth it. This with the premier package. Originally was excited as it was suppose to pick which one.

1 hour ago, Brucerw said:

I will be on the Ruby in a few weeks. I am wondering where other than swirls you can get these or the cakes. I really was getting happy figuring the lil bottles of booze I could take home to my son. and as the lillipop was wrapped brought home for the grand babies. Now it is only a shot and unwrapped suckers. Oh well The free medallion holder is not worth it. This with the premier package. Originally was excited as it was suppose to pick which one.

They do sell lots of candy treats in the shops on Princess, along with alcohol bottles to bring home, prices are pretty good and they have a decent selection. Just bring those home for your family, they will love them. The chocolate is good quality British chocolate. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

They do sell lots of candy treats in the shops on Princess, along with alcohol bottles to bring home, prices are pretty good and they have a decent selection. Just bring those home for your family, they will love them. The chocolate is good quality British chocolate. 

Not my point 🙂 I normally do not drink. I was making a tongue in cheek comment. IF I am going to buy booze it will not be at cruise lines prices. As far as candy? I get from switzerland when I want real good chocolate. Occasionally some american. The grand babies do not care how good it is as long as it is chocolate.

6 hours ago, RedIguana said:

Booze from the duty free shops is usually cheaper than shore side. Always good to check prices to verify. 

After my last heart procedure I do not drink.....I have in the last 6 months gave away my bar. Which included different alcohol I bought with an old drinking buddy after his wife passed. 300 dollar bottle of tequila unopened. Assorted rums (my old drink of choice). Brandy's etc. In total over 5k. We take care of our own. 

As I said I would do, I got a call from a princess rep and we got everything fixed. I want to thank everyone for their comments and reading my vents. The person whom called me showed me that even though my experience sucked there are people there who understand the nature of their business. 

• Like 4

On 3/18/2023 at 2:06 PM, coo359a2 said:

Gee, didn't think to read the not so small print.  Thanks for pointing it out.  Since this is a spring break cruise, the Ship even ran out of the soft serve ice cream.  Went up yesterday for a cone and they were using regular ice cream - cookies and cream for me.  

Thats a win!! 

On 3/17/2023 at 10:24 PM, startedwithamouse said:

Please don't bash TAs. They take care of their clients. 

You apparently joined Cruise Critic just to post this thread.  

We get it. You booked and it was a glitch and thought you got a steal of a suite for a balcony price.

A TA would have given you real pricing and advised you of this, and you wouldn't be spending hours or days rehashing this. 

A TA is not a third party involved in a business deal. They are professionals. 

Note: I'm not a TA.

I am a TA, and I can tell you the comments about how the TA called and they said the price was made up are most likely made up.  As a TA, I can change the fare on anyone's cruise to a better rate, provided they are not past final payment, or have not paid in full.  I don't even need to call them to get that rate changed.  Additionally, I can often find lower rates that aren't advertised online. 

Please note, booking a trip through Expedia, or via Costco is not using a travel agent.

• Like 4

On 3/21/2023 at 2:48 PM, Brucerw said:

As I said I would do, I got a call from a princess rep and we got everything fixed. I want to thank everyone for their comments and reading my vents. The person whom called me showed me that even though my experience sucked there are people there who understand the nature of their business. 

Glad it all worked out.

28 minutes ago, DrSch said:

I am a TA, and I can tell you the comments about how the TA called and they said the price was made up are most likely made up.  As a TA, I can change the fare on anyone's cruise to a better rate, provided they are not past final payment, or have not paid in full.  I don't even need to call them to get that rate changed.  Additionally, I can often find lower rates that aren't advertised online. 

Please note, booking a trip through Expedia, or via Costco is not using a travel agent.

Yes, the travel agent we use basically always gets us lower fares and is patient and wonderful at answering questions.

As for one of the others you mentioned, for one of our cruises we booked a flight with the first one you mentioned. And then the airline changed the flight from direct to Fort Lauderdale to a stopover in Dallas. We might have got to Fort Lauderdale in time to wave goodbye to the cruise. A real TA would have done something, but they just basically said tough luck. (We did get the flight cancelled and used a different airline by calling the airline). And this, as you pointed out not a real TA, charged us (IIRC $15) for the service of booking a flight that became unworkable.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DrSch said:

The two that you mention may not meet your definition of travel agent, but the second one gives us 8% of our cruise fare as credit in a store card and 2% credit of our cruise fare at the end of the year...so far it's been a new refrigerator, washer and dryer set, and two flat screen tv's.❤

We really like our non-TA / TA 😁🍻

Edited by jwattle
  • Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 9:24 PM, startedwithamouse said:

Please don't bash TAs. They take care of their clients. 

You apparently joined Cruise Critic just to post this thread.  

We get it. You booked and it was a glitch and thought you got a steal of a suite for a balcony price.

A TA would have given you real pricing and advised you of this, and you wouldn't be spending hours or days rehashing this. 

A TA is not a third party involved in a business deal. They are professionals. 

Note: I'm not a TA.

Folks this person did not read my original post correctly. There are many channels to book a cruise. Each of us have to pick the one that is right for us. happy cruising