Do P&O still supply face towels and tissues in bathroom?

I seem to remember reading that they have stopped providing face towels and tissues but not sure.  Started packing for our cruise on Monday on Adventure so would love to know if I need to pack my own.

No face cloths on Adventure 6 weeks ago, no tissues either.

An all in one body wash/ shampoo in shower. No hand soap for sink.

We never use the supplied in shower stuff, but would have appreciated a couple of face cloths and would have bought our own if we had of known.

Thanks, I have packed face cloths and tissues now.  I just came off Majestic Princess and they still supply both.  Mind you, Princess fares are higher than P&O so I guess it is a case of "you get what you pay for".  LOL

6 minutes ago, korky1 said:

Thanks, I have packed face cloths and tissues now.  I just came off Majestic Princess and they still supply both.  Mind you, Princess fares are higher than P&O so I guess it is a case of "you get what you pay for".  LOL

Why not just ask the room steward for them?

On 3/18/2023 at 7:18 PM, SinbadThePorter said:

Why not just ask the room steward for them?

Good idea.  I'll try that but still take my own just in case.  I will let you know when we get back what the outcome was.

On 3/18/2023 at 5:54 PM, buchhalm said:

Are you guys talking about the CABIN bathrooms? Seriously?

It is a significant issue, not to be sneezed at.

A couple of months back, there was a shortage of tissues on supermarket shelves, so it is possible they ran out of supplies. Hard to figure the face washer issue though, unless they were all being used as part of a towel animal invasion.

There is a move away from supplying those things seen as 'extras' in many of the lower cost places (not just cruise lines) - the bathrobe, the different bathroom amenities, the individual cakes of soap. I can well imagine that face cloths and tissues are seen as non essential. ☹️

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

A couple of months back, there was a shortage of tissues on supermarket shelves, so it is possible they ran out of supplies. Hard to figure the face washer issue though, unless they were all being used as part of a towel animal invasion.

It is possible that they ran out of tissues. We have one person who reported that they didn't have tissues on their P&O cruise and a few people who reported they did. I said we did, but I didn't say that this was on three separate cruises.

On 3/20/2023 at 6:09 PM, Aussieflyer said:

There is a move away from supplying those things seen as 'extras' in many of the lower cost places (not just cruise lines) - the bathrobe, the different bathroom amenities, the individual cakes of soap. I can well imagine that face cloths and tissues are seen as non essential. ☹️

What next? toilet paper?!?

On 3/18/2023 at 1:55 PM, cheznandy said:

No face cloths on Adventure 6 weeks ago, no tissues either.

An all in one body wash/ shampoo in shower. No hand soap for sink.

We never use the supplied in shower stuff, but would have appreciated a couple of face cloths and would have bought our own if we had of known.

No hand soap - that's not good. Let's hope there's no outbreak of norovirus on board...

Just now, LittleFish1976 said:

No hand soap - that's not good. Let's hope there's no outbreak of norovirus on board...

They have liquid hand soap in a pump bottle, just not those mini cakes of soap we were accustomed to.

59 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Suggest you take your own soap, as I did, one for shower and one for sink.  

(Reminds me of discovering soap under a false floor under the bottom drawer in my cabin on P&O Chusan.  After Bombay, the soap was gone.)  

On 3/21/2023 at 4:50 AM, Gwendy said:

On Pacific Encounter no face washers on two different cruises, tissues magically appeared on day 3.  Best take your own.

Maybe it was supply issues at the time. We have been in three cruises on Pacific Encounter in the past nine months. We had tissues in our cabin in all of these.

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Suggest you take your own soap, as I did, one for shower and one for sink.  

(Reminds me of discovering soap under a false floor under the bottom drawer in my cabin on P&O Chusan.  After Bombay, the soap was gone.)  

I do travel with soap sometimes depending where I'm going and what sort of travelling I'm doing. I wouldn't expect to have to take soap with me on a mainstream cruise line though.

29 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

I do travel with soap sometimes depending where I'm going and what sort of travelling I'm doing. I wouldn't expect to have to take soap with me on a mainstream cruise line though.

If you don't like the hand-wash soap in a pump container, or the shower one, you can take you own cakes of soap.

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

If you don't like the hand-wash soap in a pump container, or the shower one, you can take you own cakes of soap.

I'm quite happy with liquid soap in a pump container thanks, or even a cake of soap - not fussy. As long as there's something to wash the hands with!

Was just saying that I sometimes travel with a large cake of soap if I'm staying somewhere for any length of time but wouldn't expect to have to provide my own soap on a ship!

• Like 2

Hi, I like the cakes of soap - at the end of the day I hand wash what I've worn that day and the cakes of soap are good for marks, collars etc. I use shower soap and/or shampoo for the sink full of bubbles, and "wring" the hand washing in pool towels - everything dries in no time 😄

On 3/25/2023 at 11:22 AM, thebaehrs said:

Wouldn't be surprised.

To the contrary, that would be the last thing they would want people to BYO. Their suck toilets can't handle Sorbent 15 ply, and we would all be swimming in it.