The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday March 30th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

2 hours ago, Suslor said:

Wow! How great to receive birthday greetings from so many of you great people. ❤️. Thanks @ger_77, @ottahand7, @grapau27, @smitty34877, @rafinmd, @marshhawk, @JazzyV, @dfish, @StLouisCruisers, @puppycanducruise, @cat shepard, @kazu, @cruising sister.  I hope I didn’t forget anyone. 

it’s been a while since I posted. My DH and I got off the 45 day Hawaii and French Polynesia cruise just before Thanksgiving and I immediately went from airport to urgent care to ICU with a heart issue that has been resolved. Then we were supposed to join four friends on a Panama Canal cruise the beginning of this month but cancelled the day before we were to go FLL because my DH was admitted to the hospital for emergency surgery for a small intestines blockage. Two friends cancelled with us and two went because they were already in Florida. 
The four of us have rebooked for March. 🤞 So we’ve been busy just recuperating and getting use to a new medication routine. 

@grapau27, thanks for the reminder about the Reagan assignation attempt. I live in DC and yes, it was my birthday but I was spearheading a Fire Safety and the Handicap conference that day at George Washington University right next door to GW hospital where he was taken. Never a dull minute in DC!  My DH’s mother also died that day 😿. A day to remember. Hope today is not as dramatic. 

Well wishes to all who are “under the weather”, celebrating and getting that walk in the park in. @rafinmd hope you continue to progress, neighbor. 

Susan

Prayers 🙏 on your husband's mam's 42nd memory Susan.

Sorry to hear about your heart issue and your husbands intestinal blockage but pleased you are both well now and have another cruise to look forward to.

Best wishes again on your birthday.

Graham.

birthday-flowers.gif

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, 0106 said:

1332C996-EC75-4F3F-9E1D-E01FBA584A85.thumb.png.17ecf5db39cde8c5799605baee4fecfc.png

053347AF-356B-4252-B1E2-1059CA4FA855.thumb.png.7ad02689649a0a782f34304a21111cb1.png

Thank you for letting us know about the eaglets.  I’ve become obsessed with them.  Dad brought a large fish to the nest this morning and M & D took turns feeding their babies.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, if it’s not too much trouble, could you let me know when Punta Arenas, Chile was the port of the day.  We are there for 12 hours and I don’t know the best way to spend our time.  The wonderful pictures posted by the Dailyites always inspire me.

@seagarsmokerThank you for your “trip report”.  I am extremely happy to hear that the rules, particularly that the Seaview Pool is adults only, are being enforced.

I’m off to take a walk in the park, 45 and sunny.  Hope everyone is having the best day possible.

Tina, we had Punta Arenas, Chile on August 17, 2022 and just last week on March 23!  To make it easier for you I will put the links here for you to take a good look at.

Hope our photos help and give you some ideas.  Thank you for posting the eaglet photos!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from another lovely sunny day in the Pacific Northwest, 

I will gladly salute doctors today - our family one is a gem and the team taking care of DH are wonderful. Our doctor retired last fall (at age 75) but came back doing only video visits twice a week. He says being around the younger staff keeps him young and it gives his wife a break! 

DH is slowly improving. I had a call this morning to give permission to put in a Pic line for nutrition as they couldn't put in the feeding tube or do the MRI yesterday due to a persistent cough and overloaded on fluids. Once they gave him Lasix he peed out over a liter of fluid and the cough calmed down! Today his nurse says he's more alert and looking better. They also did an echocardiogram yesterday and it came back clear. Off to see him in about 30 minutes or so. 

Have a good day everyone. I am in control - at least of juggling all the balls in the air to keep this guy going!

Karen

• Like 17
  • Thanks 7

14 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

I will gladly salute doctors today - our family one is a gem and the team taking care of DH are wonderful. Our doctor retired last fall (at age 75) but came back doing only video visits twice a week. He says being around the younger staff keeps him young and it gives his wife a break! 

DH is slowly improving. I had a call this morning to give permission to put in a Pic line for nutrition as they couldn't put in the feeding tube or do the MRI yesterday due to a persistent cough and overloaded on fluids. Once they gave him Lasix he peed out over a liter of fluid and the cough calmed down! Today his nurse says he's more alert and looking better. They also did an echocardiogram yesterday and it came back clear. Off to see him in about 30 minutes or so. 

Have a good day everyone. I am in control - at least of juggling all the balls in the air to keep this guy going!

Karen

Karen you are a champ at keeping your guy going!  We are impressed and in awe of you.  Hope the good news continues.🙏

• Like 13

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks  all!   Most definitely not in control, lol!  I am very thankful for my doctor of more than 25 years!   We’ve visited Katakalon several times, strongly recommend Olympia if you haven’t been.  And if you have there’s a nearby lovely beach under ten minutes away. Not the one by the town. Also one of the local restaurants is very good for lunch, I’ve attached a photo. It is on the end of town farthest from the dock.  

@USN59-79 Congratulations to you both your 60 th!  Wow! 
@cruzn single and @Suslor happy birthday!  Sorry to hear of your health issues, 

6012100B-7099-4619-AC4A-16FDA683E8CA.jpeg

61C9AA7F-3D45-4D32-8C72-8C3CABBFACC8.jpeg

90131CD4-0A80-4485-8680-52EE5B27971A.jpeg

D38FF7B7-A60F-415A-B6A6-D4297AAB9C91.jpeg

7766A17A-1FF1-4925-9421-77E1730C91AC.jpeg

Thanks very much, Brenda.  I’m saving this to my roll call if you don’t mind?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  I have a temp of 42F, clear skies and I can feel the coolness in the house.  Later today will be 71 and sunshine.  Thanks to Rich @richwmn for today's Fleet Report and Daily.  We have a thought provoking quote from none other than Albert Einstein.  Today is I Am In Control Day, and I like to think so but doubt it.  Many of us can celebrate National Doctor's Day.  We appreciate them almost every day.  And then Take A Walk In the Park Day.  First I have to take a walk on my treadmill.  Then I'll think about a park.

The menu suggestion is Asparagus Ham Dinner.  Ham is very popular this week with Easter coming at us very soon.  I'm sure Debbie @dfish has some great recipes for that.  The Ruby Sparkler sounds pretty but does it taste good?  Dixie @summer slope will let us know.🍹  And the Pinot Noir will make most of you happy.  Thanks to Ann @cat shepard for helping us to learn about this particular one.🍷

Thanks to Vaness @JazzyV for her stellar work keeping the lists updated.  Thanks to her we know that we want to wish Susan @Suslor and Mary Kay @cruzn single a very Happy Birthday!  Also we want to wish Ray and Sara @USN59-79 a wonderful anniversary today.  To continue that theme, congrats to everyone here celebrating a happy event.🥂🎉  Unfortunately there is always a Care list and we pray for recovery and warm wishes to everyone who is suffering from poor health or tragic events in their lives.  Also prayers to those in Nashville who lost someone in the school shooting the other day as well as the entire community.  🙏

Our destination today Katakolon, Olympia, Greece is a nice one.  When we went we stayed in the small town itself which was pretty enough.  Next time I'll head to Olympia.  The dates we had Katakolon, Greece were June 18, 2021 and March 23, 2022.  Unfortunately I was on my way to St. Louis to attend my late DSister's funeral on June 18, 2021 so I really didn't have time to post all my photos from Katakolon that day.  And on March 23, 2022 I simply reposted the lone photo I did post earlier.  Maybe later today I can hunt for a few more, but really I usually don't have to.  So many of you have great photos of Katakolon and Olympia that it won't be necessary.  So here are the links for everyone for you to retrieve your photos from back then.

A remembrance of our 2014 Prinsendam Black Sea and Holy Land cruises.  DH enjoyed a beer somewhere along here and I enjoyed the wifi. 

Katakolonenhance

I see Rich has announced they will not be staying for a visit in Dakar, Senegal today.  I can understand that because I didn't feel very safe there in 2018.  The Canary Islands will be a breath of fresh air so smooth sailing to the Zuiderdam!

On a refreshing note, I would like to present photos of DD's Spring/Easter Celebration tree.  She is much too busy this spring to change the decorations so will wait for Cinco de Mayo.  So here are photos of last year's tree.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIzqddIojehi5naWW6xGujTKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1647952821

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKNZ2JNP2GQaPWgU4aaYJUK4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1647952821

I hope everyone here has a Thrilling Thursday!  Stay safe and enjoy the day.

I may not have told you this, but the Tree For All Seasons is genius!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

I am in control - at least of juggling all the balls in the air to keep this guy going!

You are really juggling those balls.  I really admire you.  Glad to hear your DH is still showing signs of improvement 👍 

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I don't know of any other webcams but was hoping she would dock at Mallory Square which is less blocked.  She's in Miami tomorrow (hoping for Terminal J and overnight in Nassau April 1 and 2.

Roy

Thanks Roy.

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

How nice of you to say that.  I will let her know what you said and I'm sure she will appreciate your kind remarks.

My grandparents had a room in their basement that was decorated for EVERYTHING. We're in a condo, so there's no basement. The tree in the corner is doable though.

• Like 11

Good afternoon, everyone.   

@Suslor Oh, my on the health issues.  But, thank you for sharing that.  I mentioned it to my sister and cruising buddy and we both agreed that we are smart to be doing the cruises we really want to do now while we both seem relatively healthy.  That can change on a dime, but we don't want to wait 5 years and find out we waited too long.  

We did take a walk in the park today.   We have Sue's DGD, River, with us again this weekend.  We took her to the Whiting Forest Canopy Walk and she had a ball.  At first she didn't want to go up on it because it was too high and she was afraid, but she did it.  She didn't want to go out on the ropes because she was afraid, but she did it!

IMG_2180.thumb.jpg.70959661da66ae34f9eed207b3c8fc71.jpg

IMG_2185.thumb.jpg.0dd45ab8ca82db7861c0070229788b15.jpg

She didn't want to step on the glass floor because she was afraid, but she did it!   Barely, but she did it.  

IMG_2181.thumb.jpg.64a414308b31dd1ba674e1d45e4041c2.jpg

She didn't want to do the rope bridge because it was too scary, but she did it!

IMG_2182.thumb.jpg.46f2854684ba8738593a7522c5ecae79.jpg

All in all, a very successful day!  Tonight is pizza for our DB's birthday.  

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, POA1 said:

My grandparents had a room in their basement that was decorated for EVERYTHING. We're in a condo, so there's no basement. The tree in the corner is doable though.

Absolutely!  I asked her where to get a tree like that.  She said they call them pencil trees, and hers came from Hobby Lobby.  They probably don't have them right now (probably by July) but she told me Amazon has them too.  I think she's one of Hobby Lobby's best customers!😁  However, she is a crafts person too so she makes things at home that she sees at HL.  Then she sells them through her Facebook page.  She's pretty creative.

38 minutes ago, dfish said:

@Suslor Oh, my on the health issues.  But, thank you for sharing that.  I mentioned it to my sister and cruising buddy and we both agreed that we are smart to be doing the cruises we really want to do now while we both seem relatively healthy.  That can change on a dime, but we don't want to wait 5 years and find out we waited too long.  

We did take a walk in the park today.   We have Sue's DGD, River, with us again this weekend.  We took her to the Whiting Forest Canopy Walk and she had a ball.  At first she didn't want to go up on it because it was too high and she was afraid, but she did it.  She didn't want to go out on the ropes because she was afraid, but she did it!

She didn't want to step on the glass floor because she was afraid, but she did it!   Barely, but she did it.  

Debbie! happy birthday to your DB!  Hope you all have a wonderful time celebrating!  Looks like you gals had a great time today at the canopy walk.  River was being pretty darn brave!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Wonderful pics and kudos to you for giving her the courage to do something she didn’t think she could 👍 

A very happy birthday to your DB 🎂 

4D123618-D610-4BA6-B137-7FFA89DA7570.jpeg.8d5265881f2a6a2c62fcfe7284474667.jpeg

• Like 8

4 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Lenda, are you sure about my humor ?

Another interesting story, I think. Last Friday had to go to hospital where I had medical issues ten years ago. One of the nurses that did my prep remembered me from my stay ten years ago. I guess my “sick” humor left a mark at the hospital.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Happy birthday to your brother Debbie.

79569638189c5e9b97608205eb1786cc_w200.gif

• Like 6

Good afternoon from a dreary central Texas.  It has been cloudy, windy and humid all day, which made it a good day to stay inside, except for my almost daily walk.  Otherwise, not much is going on around here.  

3 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Karen

Karen, that is good news that your DH is slowly improving.  Sending positive thoughts that he continues to improve and that his tests keep coming back clear.

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Debbie, I'm glad you had a good time at the Whiting Forest Canopy Walk.  Good for River to try things that scare her, and I'm not sure if I would have done some of those things even now.

🎂  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR BROTHER!  🎈

4 hours ago, 0106 said:

1332C996-EC75-4F3F-9E1D-E01FBA584A85.thumb.png.17ecf5db39cde8c5799605baee4fecfc.png

053347AF-356B-4252-B1E2-1059CA4FA855.thumb.png.7ad02689649a0a782f34304a21111cb1.png

Thank you for letting us know about the eaglets.  I’ve become obsessed with them.  Dad brought a large fish to the nest this morning and M & D took turns feeding their babies.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, if it’s not too much trouble, could you let me know when Punta Arenas, Chile was the port of the day.  We are there for 12 hours and I don’t know the best way to spend our time.  The wonderful pictures posted by the Dailyites always inspire me.

@seagarsmokerThank you for your “trip report”.  I am extremely happy to hear that the rules, particularly that the Seaview Pool is adults only, are being enforced.

I’m off to take a walk in the park, 45 and sunny.  Hope everyone is having the best day possible.

Tina, thanks for the pictures of the eagles feeding their babies.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

@dfishRiver is very brave, I dont do heights but tell her if she would do them, then I could try, except for the glass floor.  My palms sweat just looking at it!

@0106, thanks for the eagles.  I was hooked for two years on the Cornell bird feeder camera in Ithaca, it was my go to place.  And then my computer decided it had had enough and i lost the site from my favorites.  My cats loved watching it too.  I would leave it on for them at night.  They have have a camera live feed of birds in Costa Rica, but that ended when Covid started.

@bennybearWhat was in the sandwich, ?  DH and I want to sit by the sea, have lunch and coffee and just chill.  We ended up booking an excursion in Mykonos to Apollo's temple.  Apparently years ago, they made a law that you cannot be born or die on that island.  Since no one lives there, the born part i understand, but to know you can go someplace and not die there?  I love rules like that.

I left work early today.  My doc had me (after basically begging for two years) to up my Metformin.  Even though it is the slow release, it still upsets the tummy.  And I started today, by 3, my lower half was cramping badly. My cell phone decided to quit working and I said, I've had enough.  Now to find out what is going on in the world of F1.🤗

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@dfishRiver is very brave, I dont do heights but tell her if she would do them, then I could try, except for the glass floor.  My palms sweat just looking at it!

@0106, thanks for the eagles.  I was hooked for two years on the Cornell bird feeder camera in Ithaca, it was my go to place.  And then my computer decided it had had enough and i lost the site from my favorites.  My cats loved watching it too.  I would leave it on for them at night.  They have have a camera live feed of birds in Costa Rica, but that ended when Covid started.

@bennybearWhat was in the sandwich, ?  DH and I want to sit by the sea, have lunch and coffee and just chill.  We ended up booking an excursion in Mykonos to Apollo's temple.  Apparently years ago, they made a law that you cannot be born or die on that island.  Since no one lives there, the born part i understand, but to know you can go someplace and not die there?  I love rules like that.

I left work early today.  My doc had me (after basically begging for two years) to up my Metformin.  Even though it is the slow release, it still upsets the tummy.  And I started today, by 3, my lower half was cramping badly. My cell phone decided to quit working and I said, I've had enough.  Now to find out what is going on in the world of F1.🤗

Annie for you and the cats, is this your old favorite Cornell bird feeder webcam?

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/cams/cornell-lab-feederwatch/

• Like 6

@marshhawk the sandwiches are gyros, pork on a spit,  with lettuce tomatoes and Tzatziki .  Now with French fries, lol,  keeping the Brits happy? 

I you want a nice lunch by the sea, there’s a lovely restaurant at the beach, take the little tourist train or a taxi.  

• Like 5

Well, it’s already Friday and I am just getting around to posting.

Just finding myself so busy the last two days.  I am working on the taxes and I have to get that monkey off my back.

I hope everyone had a good day.

i have been to Katakalon a few times and each time used the services of a driver by the name of George Letsios.

Sadly George passed away a few years ago.  Some of you may have remembered him.  He was a great guy and so knowledgeable of the area.

Well the last few hours certainly have been eventful.  That is all I will say about that.

Good night and God Bless,

Terri

• Like 3