Jim_Iain Apex Key West, TansAtlantic and British Isle with a Week in Amsterdam

Jim_Iain

4 hours ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

Unfortunately, there is no official policy for 2x or more Zenith. Or to rephrase, the policy for 2x or more is no recognition in the same manner as the official Zenith crossing event. It does seem strange to have a big "to do" about Zenith but when people do it all over again there is no recognition. If the couple referred here had started back at zero after crossing Zenith, they would have gotten Zenith again and received the big "to do" again. Alas, I had written earlier in this thread, Celebrity does not really incentivize loyalty beyond 3000 points. You would think that 6000 points would merit greater recognition, but no recognition at all is completely inappropriate IMO.

Will be interesting. Eric and Dawn will be hitting Triple Zenith on this cruise.   If the ship doesn’t recognize it I’m sure the 20 Zeniths aboard will. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

It is so peaceful sitting on the deck watching the sun raise.  People are coming alive and noise from all the fishing boats have begun to drown out the quiet with only birds chirping. 

IMG_2475.thumb.jpeg.88e3ab9e5cb28eb7f36509cd6a24cca0.jpeg

These pictures remind me of when I used to do fishing tournaments. We had to get up before the sun and I always enjoyed those moments...when it wasn't raining or snowing.

16 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I have the same problem with my hearing aids.

I am with you Terry, it can be worse than being at a loud concert. Or, around the lido deck. :)

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was going to UT Knoxville.   We would go over and pick them up at the Cherokee Reservation.  It wasn’t far and my Roommate and I always scheduled no classes on Friday and would go fly fishing near Gatlinburg.   Sorry mistyping.  It was NC not SC.  

All the relatives on my mothers side were from Sevier County and Pigeon Forge (Dolly Parton hadn’t yet made it big but was a local entertainer).  

Love this story! My roommate and I in college would have rent parties. A keg of Schlitz and bad spaghetti with old bread to make garlic toast. It was very popular and I can not believe we never got a visit from the police. I believe we charged $10 and had to turn people away. The money was nice, but cleaning up with a hangover the next day was not.

*Loyalty perks*

I don't chase them anymore since they are written in sand. I worked hard to get to a good loyalty level with Delta and twice as I was getting close, they moved the bar. So I realized that loyalty perks are for the company and they will change them at their whim, to benefit the company NOT the client. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Will be interesting. Eric and Dawn will be hitting Triple Zenith on this cruise.   If the ship doesn’t recognize it I’m sure the 20 Zeniths aboard will. 

You will see what happens. Again, there is a policy of no recognition for triple (or quadruple or quintuple for that matter). Hopefully, there will be a lunch as previously stated. 

We did have a small problem.  When we went to muster station - Honk.  Honk Warning inactivated card.  

I guess the Retreat Host printed our card early and then the ship printed one to put on door and it deactivated our cards.  

Quickly fixed. 

I agree with everyone else about the loyalty programs.  It isn’t worth chasing after the status.   We got burned too many times by the perks being changed, the qualifications and etc.   The people that benefit the most are those that got to the top tier first or those that joined at the start. 

We have a credit card that refunds cash.  Give me the money.  I don’t want points.

We joined a few mug and wine clubs.  Some were for life.  Thru the years the perks changed or were eliminated.   One was at a brew pub that got new owners and it is no longer honored 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

46 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Jim, on one of our Apex cruises in December, two double Zeniths were recognized at the Captain’s Club welcome event. There was an announcement recognizing their achievement, and they received flowers and a bottle of wine. Hopefully, Zeniths will also be recognized on your sailing. 

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, hcat said:

We hope to book a poolside cabana on Ascent..they allegedly will face the sea?????  And to those reading...If this is not true pls  do not  jump all over me! Verify on your own..

Without taking this too far OT I offer you a full throated apology for my aggressive comments about your posts. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Second omicron booster just approved if it has been 4 months since last booster or sick with COVID. I got mine last week in preparation for my cruise on the 6th. I will be gone a total of 26 days in Europe. I will also bring paxlovid 

We will have to wait until mid June for that.  Had the 5th in mid February.

Bon Voyage Jim & lain!!!

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Dawn hit triple Z about 6 months ago and had a celebration on the bridge with Captain Niko (and a dozen officers) onboard Apex in December. He said then that when Eric crossed he would do the same thing. Eric crossed two cruises ago. Tried to have the same bridge celebration with the same captain on the cruise just ended. Ended up that Eric received a call from one of the concierges in Wichita (the second to last day of the cruise) telling him it is NOT Celebrity policy to do that. Only at single Zenith. Eric asked what should we do if we see others receiving 2X/3X/4X Zenith celebrations (we saw several suite guests getting double Zenith celebrations on Reflection last year). Was told to report the officers involved to corporate (I presume for punishment).

Years ago (pre-pandemic) when Zeniths still had Retreat access, Dawn and Eric were at a helipad sail away Retreat event.They met LLP during the event. Commented how they were both Double Zenith and Eric was the youngest Zenith (according to one of the HD's). She asked what suite they were in. When they said they were not in a suite she turned around and walked away !!!

Edited by TommyD3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, mauimary said:

We will watch you sail away this evening from our hotel overlooking the beach.  We are excited as we will be crossing on the Beyond tomorrow. 
Are you required to do tests?  

It has been fun to follow you. Agree it’s a beautiful day in Fort Lauderdale. 

We were out waiving.   Lots along the shore bidding us Bon Voyage.    We are in the first cabin on the 11th floor next to the bridge.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mike981 said:

These pictures remind me of when I used to do fishing tournaments. We had to get up before the sun and I always enjoyed those moments...when it wasn't raining or snowing.

I am with you Terry, it can be worse than being at a loud concert. Or, around the lido deck. :)

Love this story! My roommate and I in college would have rent parties. A keg of Schlitz and bad spaghetti with old bread to make garlic toast. It was very popular and I can not believe we never got a visit from the police. I believe we charged $10 and had to turn people away. The money was nice, but cleaning up with a hangover the next day was not.

*Loyalty perks*

I don't chase them anymore since they are written in sand. I worked hard to get to a good loyalty level with Delta and twice as I was getting close, they moved the bar. So I realized that loyalty perks are for the company and they will change them at their whim, to benefit the company NOT the client. 

Ahhh true entrepreneurs we were.    If I really got short I would check my text books out of the library and sell them back to the bookstore.  

Somehow we always had money for Booze and Gas.   OK --- gas was 25 cents a gallon and beer was 75 Cents and of course you left a quarter tip.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, miched said:

I agree with everyone else about the loyalty programs.  It isn’t worth chasing after the status.   We got burned too many times by the perks being changed, the qualifications and etc.   The people that benefit the most are those that got to the top tier first or those that joined at the start. 

We have a credit card that refunds cash.  Give me the money.  I don’t want points.

We joined a few mug and wine clubs.  Some were for life.  Thru the years the perks changed or were eliminated.   One was at a brew pub that got new owners and it is no longer honored 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Airlines are another -   I use to be able to get First Class to Australia for 80,000 points now about 500,000.    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Which is why when the question of how late can you stay on the ship on disembarkation day the best answer to give people is 9:00. 

Yup they did have last call at 9:00 but took about 15 minutes to get zeroed out.   There seemed to be a shortages of staff for wheel chairs.

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Airlines are another -   I use to be able to get First Class to Australia for 80,000 points now about 500,000.

Yep this! It just cost my husband 400,000 points for Business Class to Japan. It’s outrageous; with points so worthless we’ve simply been traveling based on routes and price instead of loyalty, and i was Platinum//1K with United for years, so I used to really care and book all my travel with them.

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We did have a small problem.  When we went to muster station - Honk.  Honk Warning inactivated card.  

I guess the Retreat Host printed our card early and then the ship printed one to put on door and it deactivated our cards.  

Quickly fixed. 

On the b2b on the infinity last month we went to muster on the way to lunch with the cards we were given when we left the first time.  Didn’t register.   We also had to get new cards.   We had to then go to the muster station again.